PDA

View Full Version : Man City V West Ham Lge Cup Official thread

dagenhamJohn
07-01-2014, 05:15 PM
for what its worth we just might get a result we can live with :)

no team news as of yet, hope its not a similiar farce like the Forest debacle!

dagenhamJohn
07-01-2014, 05:24 PM
a positive anecdote from our cousin site Kumb :)

Big Sam: we can beat City

Filed: Tuesday, 7th January 2014
By: Staff Writer

Sam Allardyce believes his team can beat title-chasers Manchester City in the Capital One Cup semi final over the course of two legs.

Big Sam takes his team to Manchester tomorrow night as they face a formidable task against the 2011/12 Premier League champions. But despite being hampered by a string of injuries, Allardyce believes that if his team keep it tight for the first leg, glory could await.

"We don't have to beat them on Wednesday night," he said. "We have to come back with something realistic to beat them at home if we can. We have to stay as focused as we can and we have to nullify what is a great attacking force at home. Everybody knows what that is and how good that is.

"We have to work along the lines of what Crystal Palace did recently which was be well organised and well-structured, a team that makes it extremely difficult for Manchester Cit

BlackDiamond
07-01-2014, 05:38 PM
[quote="dagenhamJohn"]a positive anecdote from our cousin site Kumb :)

Big Sam: we can beat City

Filed: Tuesday, 7th January 2014
By: Staff Writer

Sam Allardyce believes his team can beat title-chasers Manchester City in the Capital One Cup semi final over the course of two legs.

Big Sam takes his team to Manchester tomorrow night as they face a formidable task against the 2011/12 Premier League champions. But despite being hampered by a string of injuries, Allardyce believes that if his team keep it tight for the first leg, glory could await.

"We don't have to beat them on Wednesday night," he said. "We have to come back with something realistic to beat them at home if we can. We have to stay as focused as we can and we have to nullify what is a great attacking force at home. Everybody knows what that is and how good that is.

"We have to work along the lines of what Crystal Palace did recently which was be well organised and well-structured, a team th

JimmyV66
07-01-2014, 05:52 PM
What is that saying "to save the many, you have to sacrifice the few"

A huge Man City win followed by a loss to Cardiff could and surely should see the sacking of Sam Allardyce.

dagenhamJohn
07-01-2014, 05:56 PM
[quote="JimmyV66"

A huge Man City win followed by a loss to Cardiff could and surely should see the sacking of Sam Allardyce.[/quote]its possible Jim, but not probable, he'll still be here regardless, our owners have already said as much.

JimmyV66
07-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Dj they are stupid, but even they are not that stupid.

If we keep losing then they will have no choice. Thier statement on the offical site was very clever. It may have read that they are backing the manager but it was also wrote in such away that they will make the change if needed.

There is 2 more seasons left at the Boleyn. I want to be able to go and watch and enjoy both of them.

If Allardyce is still there then i wont be renewing. If there is a new manager (even if its Mcliesh) then be it the prem or the fizzy i will happily renew.

dagenhamJohn
07-01-2014, 06:05 PM
well in all respect fella our owners are first and foremost businessmen, why do i get the feeling they half accept we are down and are planning our ressurection.

JimmyV66
07-01-2014, 06:08 PM
well in all respect fella our owners are first and foremost businessmen, why do i get the feeling they half accept we are down and are planning our ressurection.

More and more fans are beginning to think that way DJ, none of us would be at all shocked if that was the case ethier.

Like i say should we get relegated then so be it. Just as long as Sam is not there for next season is all that matters to me.

connelljj
07-01-2014, 06:09 PM
a game all spurs fans will want city to win.XD

NeLSon_manjaffa
07-01-2014, 06:22 PM

More and more fans are beginning to think that way DJ, none of us would be at all shocked if that was the case ethier.

Like i say should we get relegated then so be it. Just as long as Sam is not there for next season is all that matters to me.[/quote]

i can't believe it's taken people this long to see what they're doing
i starting noticing over a year ago ... i can understand people not wanting to show any concerns and i do understand that people naturally don't want to think negatively

also , because of the total bullsh1t from them it's easy for people to get reeled in by their old pony

anyway ... 3 or 4 nil to citeh ... maybe more

dagenhamJohn
07-01-2014, 06:31 PM

Like i say should we get relegated then so be it. Just as long as Sam is not there for next season is all that matters to me.[/quote]

i can't believe it's taken people this long to see what they're doing
i starting noticing over a year ago ... i can understand people not wanting to show any concerns and i do understand that people naturally don't want to think negatively

also , because of the total bullsh1t from them it's easy for people to get reeled in by their old pony

anyway ... 3 or 4 nil to citeh ... maybe more[/quote]a spanking imo, anything

Simone
07-01-2014, 07:26 PM
I find any West Ham United supporter making the the long journey up to Manchester incredible. For those claret and blue pilgrims travelling to see their team get humiliated once again I applaud you!

BlackDiamond
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Indeed DJ a spanking is the most likely. And of course that then makes the return game a non-event.

If I was in Sam's position,I never would have given an interview acting bullish and optimistic.
He thinks we can work hard,close down,get tight, show determination and our reward might be a draw or a narrow defeat.

And this great defensive display is going to be marshalled by our loanee signing from Wolves is it ?

Yes well,good luck with that plan. I imagine James Milner and Jesus Navas are not exactly going to be inhibited in their work on weds,are they.

If I were Andy Carroll, I wouldn't be quite so eager to get back into the team at the moment :D :D

Norfolkammer
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
He'll park the bus and hope for a 0-0 until they score. Then the flood gates will open!

BlackDiamond
07-01-2014, 07:45 PM
He'll park the bus and hope for a 0-0 until they score. Then the flood gates will open!

Christ if he does that, we might be,what, 2-0 down by half-time !

Taansend
07-01-2014, 09:28 PM
We will win the league cup & Carroll with strike a dynamic partnership with the lanky African.

Good times are coming

Whiskyman
08-01-2014, 01:28 PM

I can confidently predictr the score will be 0-0 until someone, probably City, score. ;D

Personally I am hoping for a declaration before the score gets too silly.

And if the second leg is a non event it will be interesting to see what sort of attendance we get.

Simone
08-01-2014, 01:54 PM
We will win the league cup & Carroll with strike a dynamic partnership with the lanky African.

Good times are coming

Hope so, we all need to feel the love round here!

PandO13
08-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Well I'm here and trying to stay positive for the game we all know its gonna be hard and the players know this game is for the fans forget the rest of the season all we need is after 90mins to still be in touching distance.

I was at fulham & forest and it was not pretty but I was also at tottscum when we smashed them 3 nil so anything can happen that's why we love west ham.

Our team gets weaker and some how our away support gets stronger because we all know being a west ham fan means anything can happen and we all wanna be there when it does cause it dont happen often ha ha

WEST HAM TILL I DIE

By the way if we get hammered does anybody want my ticket for Cardiff away ha ha, only joking

w11ons
08-01-2014, 03:18 PM
hi guys, city fan here passing through. forget about the game tonight, its all about the prem and no way are west ham going to go down. there are too many teams worse than you lot in the division.
get defoe back for the remainder of the season. do that and you'll finish half way.

Hammerman69
08-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Indeed DJ a spanking is the most likely. And of course that then makes the return game a non-event.

If I was in Sam's position,I never would have given an interview acting bullish and optimistic.
He thinks we can work hard,close down,get tight, show determination and our reward might be a draw or a narrow defeat.

And this great defensive display is going to be marshalled by our loanee signing from Wolves is it ?

Yes well,good luck with that plan. I imagine James Milner and Jesus Navas are not exactly going to be inhibited in their work on weds,are they.

If I were Andy Carroll, I wouldn't be quite so eager to get back into the team at the moment :D :D

What would you have said when asked then ?...that you think we will be mullared...hardly a good interview to give !

BlackDiamond
08-01-2014, 04:07 PM

What would you have said when asked then ?...that you think we will be mullared...hardly a good interview to give ![/quote]

I would have said, they are a quality side and we will have to play well to ensure we have a chance in

Eggerts_Ears
08-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Not looking forward to tonight, the thought of Nelgrado, Toure, Silve & co running at the likes of McCartney and Johnson genuinely has me needing to visit the toilets and clean up.

Although, I did think that about our 2 visits to ****e Hart Lane, so 1-1. XD

BlackDiamond
08-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Not looking forward to tonight, the thought of Nelgrado, Toure, Silve & co running at the likes of McCartney and Johnson genuinely has me needing to visit the toilets and clean up.

Hmmm,if it's still 0-0 after 15 mins, my flabber will be gasted :D :D

dagenhamJohn
08-01-2014, 04:47 PM

Hmmm,if it's still 0-0 after 15 mins, my flabber will be gasted :D :D[/quote]if its 0-0 15 minutes after the game has ended i shall also be very gasted! ;D

DEVONSPUR
08-01-2014, 05:45 PM

Not this one!!!

Just don't try a dodgy pass back to your keeper in the 1st 15 secs and you never know!

Last night before the game there were loads of tickets available for the return at OT.

Bet there's not now!!!

;D

madmax66
08-01-2014, 06:15 PM
I just put my last ?1.50 left in my ladbrokes account for west ham to win 3-0 at 500/1 with a potential return of ?751.50 I must be mad. :D "coyi"

BlackDiamond
08-01-2014, 06:24 PM
[quote="madmax66"[/quote]

No not at all, a very well thought out tactical bet. I think the third goal might have ruined it though

connelljj
08-01-2014, 06:24 PM

Not this one!!!

Just don't try a dodgy pass back to your keeper in the 1st 15 secs and you never know!

Last night before the game there were loads of tickets available for the return at OT.

Bet there's not now!!!

;D[/quote]sure,if we lose by more than 6, you will be the first on here with loads of smile.XD

madmax66
08-01-2014, 06:31 PM
No not at all, a very well thought out tactical bet. I think the third goal might have ruined it thoughMy thoughts were on a maiga hatrick, 1000000/1 :D

dagenhamJohn
08-01-2014, 06:36 PM
No not at all, a very well thought out tactical bet. I think the third goal might have ruined it thoughMy thoughts were on a maiga hatrick, 1000000/1 :D[/quote]yeah, especially if he ain't playing! XD

madmax66
08-01-2014, 06:47 PM
No not at all, a very well thought out tactical bet. I think the third goal might have ruined it thoughMy thoughts were on a maiga hatrick, 1000000/1 :D[/quote]yeah, especially if he ain't playing! XD[/quote]Didn't think about that.:(

connelljj
08-01-2014, 06:50 PM
wow,city have a strong side out,o dear.

dagenhamJohn
08-01-2014, 07:00 PM
team
Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O'Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson

Subs - Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole

dagenhamJohn
08-01-2014, 07:01 PM
ours isn't so weak, its just all we have.

Simone
08-01-2014, 07:12 PM
They tell me the Etihad technicians have borrowed the cricket scoreboard from Old Trafford!!!! ;D

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Nice to see the fat (unt slouching in his seat again, looking like he couldn't give a fu (k

madmax66
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
F_ck it there goes me bet.>:(

castiron
08-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Diame, that's a fine!
What a finish though :O

JimmyV66
08-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Well the bad news is it is already 2-0 City.

The good news is we have actually forced 4-0 corners. XD

madmax66
08-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Shocking defending.:(

castiron
08-01-2014, 08:16 PM
We can not get near them. Different class entirely.

whu1980
08-01-2014, 08:19 PM
We can not get near them. Different class entirely.

That's what 300 million buys you :blue:

Evewolf65
08-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Shocking defending.:(

See Johnners is 'avin a blinder as usual, but make the most of it he'll probably come on P1$$ed in the second half, mind you that may or may not improve things!!XD XD

JimmyV66
08-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Knife through butter.

3-0 City and counting.

All said and done our fans are once again proving to be fcking fantastic. B)

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 08:25 PM
I will be immensely surprised if we keep this under 5 from city.

castiron
08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Oh very dear :blue:

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Fu(k off fat head, fat head fu(k off

castiron
08-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Knife through butter.

3-0 City and counting.

All said and done our fans are once again proving to be fcking fantastic. B)
Yep.

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 08:34 PM
City are a great team.They have thrashed other teams and will thrash many more too.

WE WILL PROBABLY GET 6 PUT PAST US.It`s not about tonight,it`s about the season overall.

SAM OUT!!!!!!!SAM OUT!!!!!!! SAM OUT!!!

BIG F*T SH*T OUT!!!!

JimmyV66
08-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Please Mr Sam Allardyce at least ACT as if you care and that you are bothered.

Take that fcking hood down, stop slouching in your seat and show some pride. Those away fans deserve so much better than you.

SuperIrons
08-01-2014, 08:39 PM
So..Sam was saving all the 'better' players for THIS tie eh?

FFS the under-21s were only 1-0 down at half-time v forest!

That new championship league 1 defender looks crap..

Maiga is utterly useless as a centre-forward..

We are in for a 6 or 7 goal to nil battering..

Well done Sam..

Good management once more pairing Johnson with McCartney at the back, both of whom have never played together...terrific mate, just terrific..

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 08:40 PM
City only in 2nd gear.Its like training to them. Intresting to see the attendance at the 2nd Leg..Has long has that FAT C*NT isn`t there.>:(

CALI66HAMMER
08-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Under 5 , I'll be surprised if we keep it under 10.

Let's face it we are out. Tie is already over.
What will be telling is how much fight we show.
If a team can't show any fight in a semi final, then you know the manager has lost the dressing room. So, in for a penny in for a pound. We get spanked again BFS is gone.

tassiehammer
08-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Take a head count. Every time City come forward they look like they have 14 players on the pitch. And that's not counting the ones that stay back.

SuperIrons
08-01-2014, 08:47 PM
It is crystal clear that none of these 'better' players, the so-called 'seniors' give two shakes of a donkey's tail about Sam Allardyce and save Matt Taylor will NOT missing his leaving when the inevitable happens after we have also lost v Cardiff City on Saturday.

Bye bye Sammie, bye bye...

tassiehammer
08-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Sams moved the bus. He's bringing Carlton on!!!

Passtheball
08-01-2014, 08:48 PM
No desire no effort , they have not got a clue. If your outclassed at least compete and give 100% or you get thrashed. The players are obviously not playing for Allardyce he's got to go.

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 08:50 PM
We will lose 6-0.Sam will say what a great Team City are ,but we have loads of key players missing..BLAH BLAH BLAH..

And he will still have a job..I can`t get any lower being a West Ham fan at the moment.

madmax66
08-01-2014, 08:50 PM
What makes me laugh is whu want 42 squid for the home game.:/

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 08:52 PM
4-0 :blue:

Passtheball
08-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Let's hope they declare soon!

behrami_army
08-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Keep them coming city,hopefully a double figure battering may force sugo to act and if not for our fans to stay away or protest against cardiff

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 08:58 PM
There just bringing in the scoreboard from the Old Trafford Cricket Ground ;D

CALI66HAMMER
08-01-2014, 09:02 PM
If people stop going to the games and gate receipts drop significantly, the owners will act .

I defended Sam all along saying he needed time and more than a couple of transfer windows to build a squad.
I realized we were in dire s.hit, when I watched the Stoke game.
Worst West Ham performance I have ever seen.

This squad belongs to Sam, he has had the funding and enough time and this is
the result. Got to be the worst West Ham squad ever...Has to be.

Tonight's game should finish him off.

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 09:02 PM

Under 5 , I'll be surprised if we keep it under 10.

Let's face it we are out. Tie is already over.
What will be telling is how much fight we show.
If a team can't show any fight in a semi final, then you know the manager has lost the dressing room. So, in for a penny in for a pound. We get spanked again BFS is gone.[/quote]

30 mins to go and not looking good!

I can see a red card dished out to one of ours too

Passtheball
08-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Don't know how the commentators are not slagging us off .

JimmyV66
08-01-2014, 09:04 PM
5-0 and counting.

Song for Sam Allardyce...

"It's never my fault, it's never my fault, im Sam Allardyce, and it's never my fault"

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Don't know how the commentators are not slagging us off .

They were sticking up for the fat (unt a while ago, PC world you know

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 09:07 PM
5-0 and counting.

Song for Sam Allardyce...

"It's never my fault, it's never my fault, im Sam Allardyce, and it's never my fault"

Im going for fu(k off fat head, fat head fu(k off

Passtheball
08-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Bloody hell have they brought a bird on?

IronworksFC
Andy Carrolls east European brother has just come on

terrya1965
He will still have a job tomorrow..Well done G & S. >:(

frenchlion
For conceding goals welcome to the f,ucking club! Seriously it's not even funny

LittleHammerton
08-01-2014, 09:20 PM
So depressing...the only thing I have to say is well done to the lads that are up there...fantastic support as always...not many clubs can boast our commitment in terms of support particularly after such a drubbing last game.

Makes what is happening to our club all the more tragic...get him out!!

Passtheball
08-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Our back four are almost defending from the six yard box. Unbelievable>:(

OZHAMMER
08-01-2014, 09:24 PM
if there ever was a game that we shouldn't let a bad result get to us, it's this one.

man city have torn huge new ar$eholes in much bigger and stronger teams than us.

enforce the mercy rule, stop the game now, and concentrate on cardiff... with some positivity you pr!cks!! >:(

;D

whu1980
08-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Someone throw the white towel in.

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 09:28 PM
if there ever was a game that we shouldn't let a bad result get to us, it's this one.

man city have torn huge new ar$eholes in much bigger and stronger teams than us.

enforce the mercy rule, stop the game now, and concentrate on cardiff... with some positivity you pr!cks!! >:(

;D

That`s exactly what them pricks G & S will be saying.

Has a football club,we have been humiliated in the last 6 weeks..This is not about today..I honestly don`t think it gets much worse than this tbh. :/

44hammer
08-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Someone throw the white towel in.

They would probably miss

bones
08-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Best bit of game is with whu fans started singing "F.CK OFF SAM ALLARDYCE"

Passtheball
08-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Did that after 15 mins

BlackDiamond
08-01-2014, 09:35 PM
First set Manchester City. West Ham to serve

SuperIrons
08-01-2014, 09:39 PM
So..Sam was saving all the 'better' players for THIS tie eh?

FFS the under-21s were only 1-0 down at half-time v forest!

That new championship league 1 defender looks crap..

Maiga is utterly useless as a centre-forward..

We are in for a 6 or 7 goal to nil battering..

Well done Sam..

Good management once more pairing Johnson with McCartney at the back, both of whom have never played together...terrific mate, just terrific..

What did I say?

6-0 and still the fat controller refuses to blame himself...

Loved it when the crowd started up with 'Paolo Di Canio' followed by 'F--- O-- Sam Allardyce' in the same chant.

JimmyV66
08-01-2014, 09:43 PM
Well done to each and every single AWAY fan that went today and on Sunday. Once again they did our club proud.

Best fans in the country, dont care what anone says.

Well done to Joe and Carlton Cole for leading our players over to those fans to aplaud them.

Shame on Sam for not even bother to join in with them.

w11ons
09-01-2014, 10:32 AM
your fans were a credit to you, best to visit our ground for some time.big sam is not a top boss but he can hardly be blamed for a thrashing at city. the money we have makes it a farce when we play some teams. of course our players have to be "managed" and that I think is where sam would struggle. his negative attitude would mean the players would leave, assuming they would come in the first place.

just stay up and re group, nothing else matters.

good luck.

PandO13
09-01-2014, 10:49 AM
What a depressing train journey home from Manchester it is today, hungover and a very light wallet after a visit to strip club to try cheer ourselves up which only worked temporarily.

Over last 3 games the fans have really turned on BFS we've had enough get PDC in till end of season to get the team motivated he wouldn't of been hiding under his hood last night.

YOUR NOTHING SPECIAL
WE LOSE TWICE A WEEK