PDA

View Full Version : Managers and agents

Passtheball
07-01-2014, 06:20 PM
What is it in this country with managers having family members as agents. Is this not a total piss take. Can't believe they got away with it for so long, mind they probably taken a lead from politicians!

bazwillrun
07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Fergie & son springs to mind

he made a small fortune from his old man

conflict of interest...nah :O

Passtheball
07-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Fergie, Harry , BFS, do you remember those great signings from Liverpool? Quiet a powerful threesome eh! No wonder there is very little negative press considering our predicament.

Norfolkammer
07-01-2014, 07:27 PM
Wasn't Allardyce's son mixed up in some dodgy dealings involving his dad several years ago when he was with Bolton?

Passtheball
07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
Allegedly ! Have you seen that he is 13th on the list of highest paid managers in the world. He must have a bloody good agent ! So West Ham are the 13th best prepared and motivated team in the world if he is worth the money!

BlackDiamond
07-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Wasn't Allardyce's son mixed up in some dodgy dealings involving his dad several years ago when he was with Bolton?

Well this was hotly refuted by Allardyce at the time. Mind you, BBC Panorama did produce a damning documentary. Did they not.

It was all just probably a complete misunderstanding :D

Passtheball
07-01-2014, 07:44 PM
I agree a total misunderstanding bit like that bloke who forgot he had 200 grand in a Monaco bank, easily done nearly done it myself!:D

WHU
07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
there is 'allegedly' something going on behind the scenes at our place at present, involving walrus' agent. i know no more than that.

as for his previous, he did NOT take panorama on in the courts - view external link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2346167/Allardyce-accused-of-corruption.html)

WHU
07-01-2014, 07:56 PM
c+p

On 19 September 2006, Allardyce, and his son, Craig, were implicated in a BBC Panorama documentary for taking "bungs" (backhanders) from agents for signing certain players. Two agents, Teni Yerima and Peter Harrison, were secretly filmed, each separately claiming that they had paid Allardyce through his son. Allardyce denies ever taking, or asking for, a "bung"
The then Bolton manager was implicated in an expose of the football transfer market. The programme, called Undercover: Football's Dirty Secrets, was aired on the same night that Bolton beat Walsall 3?1 in the Football League Cup, so he missed the original showing. As a result of the allegation, Allardyce refused to speak to the BBC. While he also stated he was going to sue the broadcaster in order to clear his, Allardyce failed to issue libel proceedings, allowing the year-long window following the show's broadcast to expire.
The final report of the Stevens inquiry published in June 2007 expressed concerns regarding th

Passtheball
07-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Then you see the crazy fees he's paid for average players.and Gold and Sullivan want to give him more money to waste. Can't they just relocate him to manage one of their *** shops?

Tone_Loc
07-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Can't they just relocate him to manage one of their *** shops?

Ere... step this way squire...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2luot4.jpg

Passtheball
07-01-2014, 09:41 PM
:D :D :D

IronworksFC
08-01-2014, 08:10 AM
Can't they just relocate him to manage one of their *** shops?

Ere... step this way squire...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2luot4.jpg[/quote]

Is he stood at a glory hole? Maybe Brady is the other side