PDA

View Full Version : Becchio allowed to speak with derby

RamsFan10
07-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Apparently Norwich have allowed Luciano Becchio to talk to us about a possible move? Good signing? I would think that would spell the end of Sammon's derby career.

Fletch_11
07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Apparently Norwich have allowed Luciano Becchio to talk to us about a possible move? Good signing? I would think that would spell the end of Sammon's derby career.

Would be a good addition, will know about Chris Martin already and he could well put a good word in for us. Better quality than I expected us to be considering to be honest, he was class in the Championship!

Where have you heard this mate? Last season I probably would have dismissed this without further consideration but now anything seems possible (within reason - not Van Persie for example!) ;D

triz
07-01-2014, 11:10 PM
it was all over twitter the other day. Im not sure we need him tbh after bamford

SuperDerbySuperRams
07-01-2014, 11:17 PM

Now where did you hear this mate?

Can't say I've heard anything on this

Fletch_11
07-01-2014, 11:22 PM
it was all over twitter the other day. Im not sure we need him tbh after bamford

I'm not on twitter so that tends to pass me by ;D

It is plausible though that Sammon may be going judging by Clough's comments. If he were to leave then Becchio would be a direct replacement for him (assuming Bamford was always required to add more forwards anyway).
Given the fact it looks like Jacobs is close to leaving then if it pans out as RF10 implies (which makes sense) then it would be 2 in and 2 out whilst increasing the overall quality - quite significantly in the case of Sammon v Becchio ;D

SuperDerbySuperRams
07-01-2014, 11:23 PM

It is plausible though that Sammon may be going judging by Clough's comments. If he were to leave then Becchio would be a direct replacement for him (assuming Bamford was always required to add more forwards anyway).
Given the fact it looks like Jacobs is close to leaving then if it pans out as RF10 implies (which makes sense) then it would be 2 in and 2 out whilst increasing the overall quality - quite significantly in the case of Sammon v Becchio ;D[/quote]

who were you told by? He's on 30k pw you know

Rapid
08-01-2014, 12:34 AM

Given the fact it looks like Jacobs is close to leaving then if it pans out as RF10 implies (which makes sense) then it would be 2 in and 2 out whilst increasing the overall quality - quite significantly in the case of Sammon v Becchio ;D[/quote]

who were you told by? He's on 30k pw you know[/quote]

I'd imagine if there's any truth in it we'd probably pay half his wages. £15k is a lot for our budget but not out of the question considering we're challenging for the top 2.

now if it is

Rattea
08-01-2014, 12:43 AM
Are you suggesting the pay structure we have been holding to is now being blown out the water?

Or is this a case of what the Red Dogs were doing and making up silly rumours and outlandish claims which we took great pleasure in ridiculing?

It would seem very odd to suddenly be stock piling players we don't need and paying over the odds all over the place when we are already losing money and being underwritten by the owners.

Boom and bust is where it all goes wrong for clubs. Is this the reality or the fiction?

Rapid
08-01-2014, 12:49 AM
there's no chance of us paying £30k rat.

just found this link. as I said in my previous post I can't see us paying any more than £15k. - view external link (http://www.eatsleepsport.com/norwich-city/championship-clubs-baulk-at-becchio-loan-deal-1692007.html#.UsyffvCYaM8)

Rattea
08-01-2014, 01:02 AM
I cant see us paying even half that if we got him on loan. the club still has a budget and that on top of the other loans would blow it.

My point is with all they PR and Hype are people getting carried away now and expectations of what we are open to pay gone through the roof of reality? Even mcClaren stated about limits on money when he came!

Rapid
08-01-2014, 01:10 AM
the difference is that whether you want to admit it or not under clough we was never in a position where we were genuinely challenging for automatic promotion like we are now.

the prize is huge and they may be willing to take a little bit more of a gamble. if it's a loan it's hardly committing beyond our means. 5 months @ 15k and you're talking what 325k? hardly gonna break the bank.

Rattea
08-01-2014, 01:26 AM
I wont go into detail again but at present Cloughs and McClarens results this season LFL are very similar so you cant actually say that! The next few weeks will make that clearer!

And the bank is pretty much broken already with ?7m losses. Its not just one player tho is it we have a number of players and if its ?15k a week thats probable not including tax which could almost double it! And what if a gamble doesnt pay off its boom and bust then where are you.

I cant see after years of balancing the books we are going to go for broke. I am actually sure any reasoning behind the scenes are done with proper analysis taking into consideration strength of opposition and understand better what true position we are in.

RamsFan10
08-01-2014, 07:44 AM
I saw this on twitter for those asking so the source isn't the greatest.

Rapid
08-01-2014, 07:50 AM
I wont go into detail again but at present Cloughs and McClarens results this season LFL are very similar so you cant actually say that! The next few weeks will make that clearer!

And the bank is pretty much broken already with ?7m losses. Its not just one player tho is it we have a number of players and if its ?15k a week thats probable not including tax which could almost double it! And what if a gamble doesnt pay off its boom and bust then where are you.

I cant see after years of balancing the books we are going to go for broke. I am actually sure any reasoning behind the scenes are done with proper analysis taking into consideration strength of opposition and understand better what true position we are in.

you can entirely take results out of it. what matters is that we're only 3 points off automatic promotion and 8 points clear of 7th place.

you know as well as I do that £325k is not 'going for broke'. 7m losses does not me

Bear DCFC
08-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Not necessarily 'go for broke', but there has been noise coming from the club about making funds available in January as we will be in a position to plush on. Both Rush and Appleby have said this. So 'after years of balancing the books' I can see us spending more in this window than many windows previously.

AngryRam
08-01-2014, 07:58 AM
the difference is that whether you want to admit it or not under clough we was never in a position where we were genuinely challenging for automatic promotion like we are now.

the prize is huge and they may be willing to take a little bit more of a gamble. if it's a loan it's hardly committing beyond our means. 5 months @ 15k and you're talking what 325k? hardly gonna break the bank.

Agree there Rapid.. Any good business makes strategic investments which are sometimes risky, you have to in order to progress and develop. Yes the basic business plan is in place, your cost structures are in place but they should not be the be all and end all of how you run the business.
Opportunity has arisen this year (which was not there in previous years).
As you say the prize is huge, GSE would be negligent almost if they did not look at this opportunity (promotion).. I have no idea whether there is any mileage in the Becchio rumour but the basic

Rattea
08-01-2014, 12:28 PM

Not necessarily 'go for broke', but there has been noise coming from the club about making funds available in January as we will be in a position to plush on. Both Rush and Appleby have said this. So 'after years of balancing the books' I can see us spending more in this window than many windows previously.[/quote]

Whos been making the noises and how?

Or is that an interpretation of what has been said?

clough08
08-01-2014, 01:08 PM
I suspect the signing of Bamford will put an end to this interest in Becchio. He's 30 so maybe not ideal for a perm signing anyway.

blackandwhite56
08-01-2014, 05:04 PM

Not necessarily 'go for broke', but there has been noise coming from the club about making funds available in January as we will be in a position to plush on. Both Rush and Appleby have said this. So 'after years of balancing the books' I can see us spending more in this window than many windows previously.[/quote]

Or is that an interpretation of what has been said?[/quote]

Take it you did not see the interview with Andy Appleby, filmed outside the ground before Xmas??

Trouble is you and your super-brain would doubtless interpret the plain simple

Rattea
08-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Well obviously it must be superior to yours as I asked a question and you clearly missed that.

Unlike you I dont assume and I dont make statements unless I have seen evidence for myself. So I havent seen an interview that suddenly makes a difference to intelligence does it? XD XD XD XD

The problem is I do understand what is said and not what I interpret is said ... can you think of any that do ;) :p

Rapid
08-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Unlike you I dont assume and I dont make statements unless I have seen evidence for myself.

despite talking about players and games that you don't go to anymore...

XD XD XD

swaledale
08-01-2014, 05:54 PM

I must have missed that run of games hwere Clough equalled the results that McClaren has achieved then..oh hang on he didnt except in planet rat!!!

Bear DCFC
08-01-2014, 05:57 PM

Or is that an interpretation of what has been said?[/quote]

If it's not an interpretation of what someone has said what else is it? I clearly haven't posted verbatim so it's quite clearly an interpretation. Come on Rats keep up.

Bear DCFC
08-01-2014, 06:00 PM
The problem is I do understand what is said and not what I interpret is said ... can you think of any that do ;) :p

But your understanding IS your interpretation. Just like I understand you're a tit, from my interpretation of what you say.

triz
08-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Ratty are you really just asking a question?

or are you heavily implying what you assume bear is doing and attempting to influence others into sharing this opinion, under the pretence of simply asking a question?

see i can do it too :D