PDA

View Full Version : world cup 2022 in Qatar

lesleywolf
08-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Just heard on the news that it will not go ahead in their summer months but I didnt hear when it would be held...They suddenly decided the temperatures would be too high and dangerous...

lesleywolf
08-01-2014, 12:06 PM
But sky news saying no decision has been made by Fifa and I think his is Valcke should not have made a statement...Jim Boyce of Fifa aint happy...

Mr.D
08-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Fifa has completely ruled out any prospect of the Qatar 2022 World Cup being played in the summer.
President Sepp Blatter had already said the tournament would be in November or December but organisers had still hoped to host it in June and July.
But Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke says it could take place between 15 November and 15 January.
Play media

World Cup 2022: Pundits debate alternative dates
"The dates for the World Cup (in Qatar) will not be June-July," Valcke told Radio France.
The scheduling of the tournament has been debated since it was controversially awarded to Qatar in December 2010.
Fears have been raised that the summer heat in the Gulf emirate would be dangerous for players and fans alike.
Valcke added: "To be honest, I think it will be held between 15 November and 15 January at the latest.
"If you play between 15 November and the end of December that's the time when the weather conditions are best, when you can play in temperatures equivalent to a warm spring

Wolfiebill
08-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Wow what an amzing bunch FIFA are. How long has it taken them to look up the average temperatures in Qatar and then realise that spectating would be uncomfortable, to say the least and as for running around on a football pitch. No wonder they've kept Sep Blatter in charge. Morons.

greystone16
08-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Won't bother us as by then Harry R will be the first OAP manager of England but he thought he could sell the players picked and pocketed the dough and resigned to manage England cricket team who has just lost a test series to Tibet.

Woking88
08-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Won't bother us as by then Harry R will be the first OAP manager of England but he thought he could sell the players picked and pocketed the dough and resigned to manage England cricket team who has just lost a test series to Tibet.

Shame we can't do 'like its' Greystone. I certainly liked your sense of humour on that one! XD

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-01-2014, 03:25 PM
They are back tracking on the statement now claiming it was a "personal opinion". Prats!

wolves71
08-01-2014, 04:10 PM
I know if it is held in November or December of that year it will mess up the domestic leagues. I shouldn't laugh, but Sky sports have been doing it now for 20 years ;D

But, going back to FIFA awarding Qatar the World cup, they obviously saw money first.