PDA

View Full Version : An Apology for Macclesfield

helmut_rooster
08-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Macclesfield Town have apologised to Sheffield Wednesday for criticising the Championship club’s decision to reduce ticket prices for next Tuesday’s FA Cup third round replay.

Following Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Moss Rose, the cash-strapped non league outfit claimed the Owls had set admission prices for the tie at Hillsborough, which will be £10 for adults and £5 for concessions, without prior consultation between the clubs.

However, an Owls spokesman last night told The Star: “We were both surprised and disappointed to read the comments attributed to Macclesfield’s associate director Andy Scott on Monday morning.

“Prices for a potential replay were agreed between the two clubs on December 11 and subsequently signed off by representatives of both Sheffield Wednesday and Macclesfield Town.

“We have since had dialogue with Macclesfield and we are happy to accept their apology for this miscommunication in the local and national media.”

The winners will travel to Rochdale in roun

Rotherhamowl10
08-01-2014, 01:12 PM
How embarrassing is this for associate director Andy Scott? I bet his smug face dropped when someone in the office informed him that they had already agreed the price XD XD XD

I am actually thinking of giving the game a miss, purely because of idiots like Scott who see fans as a pound sign.

braggyowl
08-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Scott must feel a bit of a t1t that's for sure...Still, when you're desperate for the money I suppose you'll go to any lengths and not even realise what you're doing half the time...We should know all about that! :/

Got ours yesterday..The Kop is closed for this game btw