PDA

View Full Version : Who is running this useless messageboard?

1954blue
08-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Several people on various threads have complained about a variety of issues with the errors/ineffectiveness/breakdown etc etc of this board. I noticed a thread linking to the new board was removed so someone obviously has some sort of control, however ineffectual in the main.

The board is slowly dying because of these numerous faults.

Whoever is in charge ( now that we know it is not Tashy ) can you please communicate with us and let us know what is going on and what, if anything, you intend to do to rectify these persistent faults.

Moylesey
08-01-2014, 04:42 PM
They're run by Footymad - I've added a link to their contact us page if you wish to vent your spleen directly.

Tashy is just the main site editor - he has no control over the site in terms of the technology or the customer service and he also has a full time job and various part time ones too so he can't just drop everything when people want attention or want to have a moan and to be honest its not his responsibility either. - view external link (http://www.footymad.net/contact-us/index.shtml)

cayambe
08-01-2014, 05:22 PM
As much as it pains me to write - let it die. I appreciate all Tashy's hard work but the other one has regenetated interest, there is a lot of traffic and the end of the day it is not the vehicle for messages rather the opportunity to post and contribute to the threads.

1954blue
08-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Tashy has already explained that to us earlier and I am not getting at him as he has explained his position clearly, if rather belatedly, and it is clearly not his responsibility and I am not expecting him to 'drop everything' as you imply

'The sites were moved across to new hosts, but essentially they made a rather large cock-up in doing it, including saying they were working Christmas Day and Boxing Day to fix it (well don't change servers at Christmas then).

It took them nearly two weeks to do it instead of the two days or so they said it would.

It seems to be back to normal-ish now anyway, so let's hope that continues as it should do as they say the work has finished now.

I don't work for the company involved with it now and haven't done for a few years, and don't know anyone at the new company.

I agree that some of the decisions made by them in doing it have been wrong, but it's totally out of my hands.

Apologies for not communicating that earlier.'

I am not looking for 'at

ipickonpeople
08-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Well there's a very good alternative to this message board.

Flatcap
08-01-2014, 06:36 PM
It's now also a lot easier for the moderators as there are now a lot fewer posts to trawl through.

FellowTraveler
08-01-2014, 07:34 PM
This thing is eating text on the template again

dancingbear
08-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Plenty room for you on the other board FT.

Btw I've had jelly splash pop up twice whilst writing this.

thetashkentterror
08-01-2014, 10:50 PM
gary.purvis@footymad.net

and

technical@footymad.net

are two other e-mail addresses for contact.

I think it's shambolic as well but as has been pointed out, it's completely out of my hands sadly.

Markovitch
09-01-2014, 12:37 PM
What is the address of the new board?

dancingbear
09-01-2014, 01:28 PM
Here... - view external link (http://thecumbrians.boards.net/board/1/related-carlisle-united)

Markovitch
09-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Thanks

dalmationblue
13-01-2014, 08:39 AM
It's an arse now signing in, It says put user or email followed by password, I put user which I've used for two years, And get account not recognised, I've got to fanny about putting email address. There's always some prick wanting to fix what ain't broken, Jobsworth's of the highest order...>:( >:( >:(

dcblue
13-01-2014, 01:23 PM
i posted elsewhere this board is a total shambles... shame as I've been on it since the late 90s...

i tried to reply to several post using my current username "triskelionblue" which I have been using for quite a while now... but it says "account not recognised" well I deffo have that account and was using it quite alot... funnily enough I go back to an old account to use this and it is ok... but since I cannot access for whatever with my current account due to the shambles this board is I am moving to the other board...

so I can see this board dying a death since who know how many other people have lost their accounts and the log in interface is totally different and a total mess...

FellowTraveler
13-01-2014, 03:39 PM
DC: This MB has crashed in the past with nearly all lost... Even started with new servers..

The difference is, it was dealt with rather quickly - those troubles in the past might have made it even bigger then - as right after them, 100s more seemed to be signed on.

I don't see it happening this time as the MB's problems have been so protracted (months now) and there really is no longer a core group to carry this MB forward through these problems..

Nice to here from you... I get confused by the new handles and lose track of folks.. I have not got a clue who I'm talking with half the time anymore..

Still in DC and an a MLS fan?? (forget the team's - hahahaha)... ( I never watch it) I do local football is about all...

I will be retiring from MBing in Carlisle if this MB really tanks all the way ... And I see hope that it can survive now..

So this may be my last post to you.. So well met, thanks for all the good crack and UNITED!!!!!

I must say the flickering is not hap

FellowTraveler
13-01-2014, 04:24 PM
That should have read, No Hope of it surviving

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Bye then!!

dcblue
14-01-2014, 12:37 PM
i cannot log in with my new username because the account does not exist... but when i try and register as a new user and try and use that username it says already in use...

so there is something totally ****ed up with this board since they did their mods as I know 100% what my password is...

also since my username is already used (even though the account does not exist) if you try the option to send your password (which isn't needed as I know it) then it won't do that either... totally useless as the original poster said... not well run...

As for you FT no I don't live in DC anymore thank God for that... the USA is a third world country run by corrupt politicians who made ****e laws... which corrupt and greedy lawyers then cream of those who don't have to line their own fat pockets... there are people shooting each other all over the place because it's their second amendment right... to be blunt I can't think of a more corrupt and ****ed up country anywhere else in the wo