PDA

View Full Version : 'Well wait forAnier news

jwok
08-01-2014, 07:42 PM
The manager was on Sportsound tonight and said that we'll know within 24 hours if we'll get our man. - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/well_wait_foranier_news_820922/index.shtml)

sieb1886
08-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Mmm ... funny how different ears hear different things. I'm sure the Gaffer said 'Henri would have to take a big drop in wages if he decides to stay', as opposed to 'he's willing to drop a lot of money to stay at FP'.
Re Hutchie - 'if we get an offer, he'll likely be on his way' is what I heard. Not a surprise that. However, the unknown part is if Shaun's done a handshake deal, and already knows where he's heading (at nil cost to his new employer, but his new wages). You've got to think if we get any even ridiculous offer, we'll punt him now seeing as we've nowt left to compete for.

wellin
08-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Not great news on the hutchie front, i thought if we maybe got 150,000 for him in the transfer window we would have not done to badly. It now looks like we getting the square root of
f*** all. As McCall says, the dissapointing cup exits mean we can't even offer him a contract.

jwok
08-01-2014, 09:21 PM
I just checked the podcast...

"the offer we're making him, he'll take a big cut in his wages if he's to stay. For him to be even thinking about it is great"

sieb1886
08-01-2014, 09:42 PM
I agree - for him to be even thinking about it is great. Especially when the Gaffer eluded it'd work the same way as with Ojamma; first few weeks he was on £300, it then rose a bit, then he secured a transfer to Polski, and is on a good salary now. Have to wait and see what occurs I guess ...

andymillar
08-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Mmm ... funny how different ears hear different things. I'm sure the Gaffer said 'Henri would have to take a big drop in wages if he decides to stay', as opposed to 'he's willing to drop a lot of money to stay at FP'.
Re Hutchie - 'if we get an offer, he'll likely be on his way' is what I heard. Not a surprise that. However, the unknown part is if Shaun's done a handshake deal, and already knows where he's heading (at nil cost to his new employer, but his new wages). You've got to think if we get any even ridiculous offer, we'll punt him now seeing as we've nowt left to compete for.
Forgive me if I misunderstand you, but if its a comparison between Anier and Hutchie's situation, I think Hutchie would be offered a far bigger offer elsewhere than Henri (eg Championship club), so no realistic chance of keeping him

steviex
08-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Forgive me if I misunderstand you, but if its a comparison between Anier and Hutchie's situation, I think Hutchie would be offered a far bigger offer elsewhere than Henri (eg Championship club), so no realistic chance of keeping him[/quote]

Ill be very surprised if Hutchison secures a Championship club...w

wellowell
09-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Cant believe you think we have nothing to play for we have our league position to play for and it goes down by roughly 80k a place so if we kept hutchy and finished 3rd that would be better than selling him for 100k and finishing 5th. We are out the cups but i am amazed all of a sudden that means our season is finished for us i remember watching us in 1st division when never expected a cup run but never heard moans about nothing to play for

bheron
09-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Cant believe you think we have nothing to play for we have our league position to play for and it goes down by roughly 80k a place so if we kept hutchy and finished 3rd that would be better than selling him for 100k and finishing 5th. We are out the cups but i am amazed all of a sudden that means our season is finished for us i remember watching us in 1st division when never expected a cup run but never heard moans about nothing to play for

Well Said :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

sieb1886
09-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I see how it could look confusing if you didn't hear the interview. The 2 points aren't linked.
In relation to the Hutchie one; we get nowt if he leaves in the summer, so it was as though McCall was preparing us for him going now at a ridiculous fee.

sieb1886
09-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Sorry for explaining the facts. Not quite sure what certain folk don't get here;
1. We won't get relegated, and we don't know if we'll finish 2nd, or 5th.
2. If we keep Hutchie till Summer, we get eff all - so, if someone comes in with say £100K, that's guaranteed income which the club will take - not my conclusion, but the club's !
3. Our crowds will deteriorate throughout the next few months and it'll only be season ticket attenders, thus virtually no revenue from PATG.
All that said, seeing as we've released Cummins on loan, it'd seem foolish if we then accept a deal for Hutchie should 1 come in. Unless of course, we're able to recall Cummins?
PS
When in the 1st Division, didn't we have promotion to play for?