PDA

View Full Version : Why am I paying...

muzzymiller
08-01-2014, 07:47 PM
...a booking fee?

Just bought an e-ticket for this Saturday and thought I would print ticket misen so I aint gotta go ground before goin pub. Still get charged a £1 booking fee! What exactly am I paying anyone to do? This fee is paid if you collect at ground which is fair enough as they are printing your ticket and paying someone to stand in ticket office and give em out. Just think it's a skank when I am doin that work for em...

shiregreenmillers
08-01-2014, 07:51 PM
...a booking fee?

Just bought an e-ticket for this Saturday and thought I would print ticket misen so I aint gotta go ground before goin pub. Still get charged a £1 booking fee! What exactly am I paying anyone to do? This fee is paid if you collect at ground which is fair enough as they are printing your ticket and paying someone to stand in ticket office and give em out. Just think it's a skank when I am doing that work for em...You pay a booking fee for most things now mate its the way of the world ..

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
08-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Doesn't bother me as if I were to drive to NYS to pick up my ticket it would cost me more than a pound.

muzzymiller
08-01-2014, 07:57 PM
But ya can pick it up on't day of match.

shiregreenmillers
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Doesn't bother me as if I were to drive to NYS to pick up my ticket it would cost me more than a pound.What on your push bike XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

jolly_roger
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Fight back.

Miss a game then you've saved a complete season of booking fees.

clarkey1974
08-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Doesn't bother me as if I were to drive to NYS to pick up my ticket it would cost me more than a pound.What on your push bike XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Well why not indeed..!.. - view external link (http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/get-on-your-bike-1197768.aspx)

great_fire
08-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I think it's a con like booking fees in general are but when you're using your electricity, your paper and your ink to print the ticket and you're saving them money then it's a piss-take really.

shiregreenmillers
08-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Doesn't bother me as if I were to drive to NYS to pick up my ticket it would cost me more than a pound.What on your push bike XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD[/quote]

Well why not indeed..!..[/quote]The one in the middle is Amanda XD XD

muzzymiller
08-01-2014, 10:04 PM
My point exactly, to say it's ok cos everyone else does it is a little blazay, it's 5% extra, because they can!

deMiller
08-01-2014, 10:45 PM
The whole electrical system cost them next to nothing and that is why things are often cheaper online as there is no rent or wage they have to pay.
The real concept around it is that you think a ticket is ?20 when really its ?21 or ?22. Its a way of making an extra quid or few on each ticket.

deano_83
09-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Just a way of making cash pal but not everyone does it.

We went to Bolton last Saturday and I ordered our tickets off their website, 2 minutes to join up with email details and ordered online. Tickets posted to home address for free.