PDA

View Full Version : Defoe

meatismurder
08-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Good bye Jermain?

"Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe will sign for Toronto FC on Monday, Sky sources understand.

Defoe has long been tipped to join the ambitious Major League Soccer side where his one-time Spurs team-mate Ryan Nelsen is now head coach.

It is understood that the 31-year-old will fly to Canada over the weekend, when he will finalise the move and put pen to paper.

After completing the deal, he is expected to be loaned back to Tottenham until March 1, when he will officially become a Toronto player, two weeks ahead of the club's opening MLS match against Seattle.

The England international was not mentioned by on Toronto's official website but a teasing image on its homepage talked up an imminent "big deal".

Defoe has spent nine years split across two spells with Tottenham, where his tally of 142 goals ranks him fifth among the club's all-time leading scorers.

He has scored nine this season but all but two of those have come in the Europa League, with Roberto Sold

DEVONSPUR
09-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Good luck to him!!

Good striker!!
;D

meatismurder
10-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Spurs confirm that Defoe will join Toronto on February 28th.

Good luck Jermain.

Spurs_Bogman
10-01-2014, 11:23 AM
He's been an excellent servant of the club and we'll miss him. I'm always reassured when I see him on the bench as it means we have the option of bringing on a proven goalscorer. Sadly Harry Kane doesn't inspire me in the same way.

I wish him good luck on his travels.

That said, I was also intrigued by the additional information on the Spurs web site about the commercial tie-ins. It really does make you wonder whether decisions are made for direct footballing reasons or for financial reasons (which bring indirect footballing benefits assuming that the income is spent wisely . . .).

meatismurder
16-03-2014, 05:52 AM
Scores after 16mins of his debut.

Glad that we are scoring for fun and won't miss him. ;D

Good luck JD. B)

COYS