08-01-2014, 11:27 PM
And the prize for least popular post of the evening goes to… XD

terrya1965
08-01-2014, 11:27 PM
How much bloody time does he need? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Tone_Loc
08-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Give Sam time.

Indeed... if he throws himself off Tower Bridge he might just catch some serious under-current.

IronworksFC
09-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Give Sam time.

Get fu(ked troll

hammerwell06
09-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Give Sam time.

No I think your right. Instead me wanting him gone this Morning , he can have untill this afternoon to clear his desk , back room staff & his useless fu(king players.:D

QUEDGIE
09-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes I agree we should give Sam time , 10 years solitary confinement for what he is doing to our club.

westhamkeef
18-01-2014, 08:00 PM
...and he'll eventually work his ticket out of here. Obviously wants out with his A?4Mill and before he's given his P45 in the summer with a relegation update on his CV.
What would anyone else do? Go now with a big fat bonus and relegation free record or leave it a few months and go with a sh1t record and no cash! No brainer.

SuperIrons
18-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Give Sam time.

What, to completely dismantle our beloved club having reduced it to some sort of crappy Southern form of Bolton Wanderers?

Behave ffs.

JimmyV66
18-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Maybe we should give him time, he said this after todays game...

"We need to get out there and play better than we are playing now and that will help us get more results"

He is a fcking genius. XD

mickyj
18-01-2014, 09:48 PM
And the prize for least popular post of the evening goes toa€¦ XDI think you meant in the last 5 years mate not just this evening...I reckon that should be moved to classic threads.

nikolaidante
18-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I have never been a fan of his but I feel that the today he was let down by two awful misses and Jarvis not being able to deliver a decent cross. Despite the finishing that second half was as good as we have done in a while.

JimmyV66
18-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Best we have done in a while?

We were awful. Newcastle always looked more likely to score than us, they never looked scared or under pressure at all and dealt with our long balls up top with so much ease. Our players were devoid of any ideas and looked a beaten team.

Things must be really really dreadful if that 2nd half is the best we have done in a while.

11th time this season in the PL we have let in 3 or more goals.

Passtheball
18-01-2014, 10:16 PM
It pains me to say it but we are ****, and I have to listen to the ******** that he spouts out. Morrison was a shining light but he's ****ed him up Winston Reid was shoring up the defence on his own but he got injured and now although I like Carlton 18 months are you sure?

dagenhamJohn
18-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Give Sam time.this is a wind up right? XD

bonzosbest74
18-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Just fast forward to 3mins 25sec. . . . . .it's poetry :D - view external link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUf6pNP27o)

gill1948
19-01-2014, 12:39 AM
well I have been coming here since 57 but believe you me I cant remember it ever being as bad as this even under grant. Devoid of any plan other than 'long ball' Morrison looked a shadow of what he has been ,noble struggling under the pressure of trying to run midfield on his own. Why do we resort to playing a left midfield at right back ,surely he would have been better having him at left back because Rat was awful !! He has wasted money big time Jarvis, downing, maiga, diarra ,all his buys and a pile of ****e
For those who say give him time I say give him hell -the worst ,arrogant ,useless , one dimensional manager we have ever had the misfortune to suffer.
well all I SAY g & S is you may feel smug saving £4M not sacking him, your wrong because relegation will cost you not just in losing the premiership but also a whole lot of regular fans who are sick to death of this big fat smug useless bast **RD !!

SuperIrons
19-01-2014, 12:47 AM
gill1948

Sad reality is that we need another 24 points from 16 games to stay up imo and with this present manager in charge, there appears to be no chance of our team achieving that.

:blue:

Passtheball
19-01-2014, 08:16 AM
IMO too many people have been believing what's in the press that is BFS is the best person to save our season. The whole of the football punditry world seem to think the useless tw&t is some kind of genius they need to get their head out of his arse and say it as it is. A fu(king shambles

OZHAMMER
19-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Just fast forward to 3mins 25sec. . . . . .it's poetry :D

4:00... he plays entertaining football - it's only the media's perception that he plays the long ball :s

GARNETT
19-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Q. With Reid and Demel fit, Nolan and Tomkins available and Carroll 100% fit will we be a better side ?

I believe so.

OZHAMMER
19-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Q. With Reid and Demel fit, Nolan and Tomkins available and Carroll 100% fit will we be a better side ?

I believe so.

get vaz te in for jarvis, and we'll have a team that will push into the top half of the table.

surely you jest about nolan, alf?

GARNETT
19-01-2014, 10:07 AM

I believe so.

get vaz te in for jarvis, and we'll have a team that will push into the top half of the table.

surely you jest about nolan, alf?[/quote]

No, I believe he would benefit from Carroll being fit, anyway its all about squad not a starting 11, he gives us another option, horses for courses and all that.

Simone
19-01-2014, 10:09 AM
I know Sam Allardyce is fat, ugly, useless unattractive, hoof ball, the devil incarnate etc but the players must take some responsibility for the sh1te dished up. Some of them have been fu(king useless fair play!!!

OZHAMMER
19-01-2014, 10:12 AM

I believe so.

No, I believe he would benefit from Carroll being fit, anyway its all about squad not a starting 11, he gives us another option, horses for courses and all that.[/quote]

well if that is how you are looking at it, then i don't disagree.

i think ravel has given us more in attack than nolan... if only he was a little more consistent. i guess that will come with time, but we need it sooner rather than later.

clsb
19-01-2014, 10:27 AM

I believe so.

No, I believe he would benefit from Carroll being fit, anyway its all about squad not a starting 11, he gives us another option, horses for courses and all that.[/quote]

i think ravel has given us more in attack than nolan... if only he was a little more consistent. i guess that will come with time, but we need it sooner rather than later.[/quote]

It's laughable that people are even talking about Nolan being back in the side. He is one of the laziest players I have seen in a

GARNETT
19-01-2014, 10:44 AM

I believe so.

i think ravel has given us more in attack than nolan... if only he was a little more consistent. i guess that will come with time, but we need it sooner rather than later.[/quote]

It's laughable that people are even talking about Nolan being back in the side. He is o

hammerwell06
19-01-2014, 09:13 PM

I believe so.

That's nearly a starting 11 anyway . Imo they would all do better as they are now , let alone if they were fit ...

My fear is , will it be enough once they are all fit. ?
I think it might be more than injuries we've got going wrong at the club .

ironJL
11-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Ahem...

OZHAMMER
11-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Ahem...

you've come to the wrong place if you want your ar$e kissed mate, whether you were right or not!

;D

bonzosbest74
11-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Oh dear, you're not digging up one of your own old threads and fishing for praise are you? XD XD

Someone's very pleased themselves. ;D

dorsetdano
11-02-2014, 11:29 PM
7 years hard labour in strangeways would be my vote:D

He is a one trick pony, who is nothing to help the club long term apart from keep us in the Premiership - which should be a given on:-
a. the amount he is paid
b. the amount he has wasted on transfers
c. the criminal way he ignores all the home grown talent apart from sending then out to be slaughtered when they were asked to play an alien system against Forest, the man is poison

Whiskyman
12-02-2014, 01:10 AM

He is a one trick pony, who is nothing to help the club long term apart from keep us in the Premiership - which should be a given on:-
a. the amount he is paid
c. the criminal way he ignores all the home grown talent apart from sending then out to be slaughtered when they were asked to play an alien system against Forest, the man is poison

Can't disagree with a or b mate, although I do give him credit for his dealings at the bargain counter, Adrian being the latest on the list.

But what "home grown talent" is being ignored? I'll quite happily eat my words if someone we've let go for nothing comes back to haunt us but in all the years of supporting the club the only one who's really made a decent career after being let go by us is Ray Houghton.

And the U18's did lose at home to f_ucking Accrington in the FAYC this season.
>:(

TOWIE
12-02-2014, 06:32 AM
It really is annoying people saying he never plays local talent from youth team. For Christs sake if they are good enough they will get in.
Who left for Bolton in the summer? Flourishing isn't he? Ffs he that good I can't even remember his.
Hines -dagenham
Sears - Colchester
Montano - Oldham (now sacked match fixing)
If we stuck with that lot we would be struggling in chumpship!

Whiskyman
12-02-2014, 07:31 AM
It really is annoying people saying he never plays local talent from youth team. For Christs sake if they are good enough they will get in.
Who left for Bolton in the summer? Flourishing isn't he? Ffs he that good I can't even remember his.
Hines -dagenham
Sears - Colchester
Montano - Oldham (now sacked match fixing)
If we stuck with that lot we would be struggling in chumpship!

Robert Hall's a good example. Looked great in the Dev Squad games I saw him in but is basically a bench warmer at a club currently 19th in the championship.

I feel sorry for the kids in the Devs because there's such a massive gulf between that level and the PL. So they go off on loan, do great a a lower blevel, think they're the dog's wotsits and then decide they deserve first team action.

I mustn't mention the idea of "B" teams but if our academy is to flourish like it used to we have to find some way of bridging the gap between Dev Squad and PL whil

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I don't think Noble or Tomkins would have broken through under Sam, they are lucky they had played a significant number of games before he arrived.

SwearryThierry53
12-02-2014, 08:32 AM
F.ucking hell bonz, are you turning ginger? XD

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 09:46 AM

a. the amount he is paid

Absolutely the most ridiculous post I have read in my opinion.

I look at the league table and I think we all know we are not going to finish above Man City, Chelsea, Arse, Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton and Spuds given the financial situation at present.

That would put us 8th...we are currently 10th. So in essence the only 2 other clubs we could genuinely hope to compete with are Southampton and Newcastle (who are in free fall now Cabaye has gone).

I don't give a flying **** about transfers and re

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 10:53 AM
69, I've noticed a lack of comprehension of other peoples opinions in quite a few of your posts mate.

You clearly attend loads of away games (your away reports are the stuff of legend) and have supported West Ham for many years yet your outlook is very much that of a modern premier lg era fan.

There seems to no understanding that some people might have supported the Hammers because of the style of football so any attempts at mentioning the lack of possession and siege defending is met with a pragmatic nudge toward the league table.

Allardyce apologists seem to expect that fans brought up on watching the likes of Brooking, Devonshire & DiCanio should just get over it and accept our lack of flair because 'The BFS way' is effective.

It is incomprehensible why anyone would yearn for more academy players in the team. . . . . that's just old fashioned isn't it? The academy argument is met with grunts of 'they ain't good enough' without really scratching below the surface to see why be

SwearryThierry53
12-02-2014, 11:23 AM
What I don't understand is this: apart from two seasons under Redknapp and one under Pardew, the football at West Ham has been consistently gash for decades. Why then, less than three years since our last relegation and five since our near financial meltdown, are we expecting a sudden transformation?

Beats the f uck out of me :? :?

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Bonzo, fair point mostly here however, style of play was not mentioned in the post I referred to so its a moot point. I didn't mention the style either.

As far as the academy goes, lets just say that I don't see all these silky attacking players that you think are in there. Of course I want to bring through these kind of players but of all the players that have 'not had a chance and left', what has happened to them ? Have they just turned to **** since they left or maybe they were just not good enough ???

As for your point
"What's happening under BFS is very un West Ham and many don't like it. . . . . . . .but you just don't get it do you. You can't understand why anyone would be unhappy with the big fella."

Not true and frankly bu11sh1t, you are reading me wrong...I don't have any feelings either way about the manager and I do understand...Personally, I support the incumbent unless someone better comes along. Noone has convinced me of anyone that would do better currently.

I do un

dagger
12-02-2014, 11:29 AM
not a Sam hugger but if he cannot control Morrison his in good company as fergie kicked hiom out as in his view he was not a model footballer

plenty of things to throw at BFS but this is not one of them

WHU f uck the rest

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
What I don't understand is this: apart from two seasons under Redknapp and one under Pardew, the football at West Ham has been consistently gash for decades. Why then, less than three years since our last relegation and five since our near financial meltdown, are we expecting a sudden transformation?

Beats the f uck out of me :? :?

me also...talking of Redknapp, how anyone can say he didn't squander tons of money on transfers god only knows but frankly I don't really care how much we spend as long as we do not end up in Administration.

But backs to the wall defending with the occasional thumping has always been the norm.

I just cannot get the negativity...we win three games in a row for the first time in years with 4 Clean Sheets for the first time in decades and everyone is still moaning about lack of youth playing in the first team despite them not being good enough.

Had we had a decent back 4 all season we would

Whiskyman
12-02-2014, 01:39 PM
[quote="bonzosbest74"]69,

It is incomprehensible why anyone would yearn for more academy players in the team. . . . . that's just old fashioned isn't it? The academy argument is met with grunts of 'they ain't good enough' without really scratching below the surface to see why because a more in depth analysis of the situation would be critical of the board and Allardyce. Tont Carr is seething that Jimmy Hampson was sacked and Barry Silkman effective installed as head of scouting and recruitment, the star of the England U21's is our player yet we about to lose him because BFS can't man manage the lad.

Some fans love West Ham because of the Academy, because of the passing football, because of the history and because it stood for something. Some of us have been through relegation so staying in the premier lg is not the be all and end all. It didn't matter that we weren't as big a club as Arsenal or Man U because we did things in the correct way and had an

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Its my opinion at the end of the day.

Mate your opinions are always as valid as anyone else, don't forget I've started threads asking you to post more frequently.

However you came across as angry and dismissive of another posters opinion that was different to yours which I way I responded. "The worst post I've ever read" and "I don't give a flying f.uck I'm not an accountant" absolutely showed that you hadn't understood the posters frustration with our manager.

It was not your usual posting style which whisky rightly described as eloquent, you didn't show any respect for another posters opinion so it's a bit unfair to indicate that your opinion should be respected.

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 01:57 PM
But ask yourself if Arsene Wenger had done the same thing in a cup match would whatever team of kids Arsenal put out have been so obviously out of their depth

If Wenger were to throw all the kids in he would make damn sure that they played a familiar formation and that his best young players were on the pitch.

Sam left out Lee, Turgott & Chambers who have been out three best performers this season and played the least promising youngsters in a formation that neither the academy, reserves or first team play.. . . . . . . . . .would Wenger have done that? No, because he's sensible enough to play his best youngsters in their normal positions with a familiar formation.

Whiskyman
12-02-2014, 02:08 PM
But ask yourself if Arsene Wenger had done the same thing in a cup match would whatever team of kids Arsenal put out have been so obviously out of their depth

If Wenger were to throw all the kids in he would make damn sure that they played a familiar formation and that his best young players were on the pitch.

Sam left out Lee, Turgott & Chambers who have been out three best performers this season and played the least promising youngsters in a formation that neither the academy, reserves or first team play.. . . . . . . . . .would Wenger have done that? No, because he's sensible enough to play his best youngsters in their normal positions with a familiar formation.[/quote]

I agree. And I also agree with the views that he hung them out to dry. The whole coaching staff must have realised they weren't, collectively, good enough.

But that doesn't alter the underlying point does

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 02:19 PM
I consider myself a decentish assessor of players

Tell that to Glenn Johnson >:(

Whiskyman
12-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Tell that to Glenn Johnson >:([/quote]

Ah, but look at Liverpool's results since he's been out of the side.
;D

And I trust you noticed my old mate Victor Anichebe popped one in last night. Wasn't best pleased for obvious reasons of course. That's me, not him, of course.

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Mate, you'll look a fool when Johnson pops up with the winner in the World Cup final mark my words. ;D

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 02:44 PM

Mate your opinions are always as valid as anyone else, don't forget I've started threads asking you to post more frequently.

However you came across as angry and dismissive of another posters opinion that was different to yours which I way I responded. "The worst post I've ever read" and "I don't give a flying f.uck I'm not an accountant" absolutely showed that you hadn't understood the posters frustration with our manager.

It was not your usual posting style which whisky rightly described as eloquent, you didn't show any respect for another posters opinion so it's a bit unfair to indicate that your opinion should be respected.[/quote]

Sorry but I am not saying my opinion should be respected...I wrote that to mean that I am not saying I am right but that it was just my opinion.

However, the points you raise that you claim that I do

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 02:58 PM

It was not your usual posting style which whisky rightly described as eloquent, you didn't show any respect for another posters opinion so it's a bit unfair to indicate that your opinion should be respected.[/quote]

Sorry but I am not saying my opinion should be respected...I wrote that to mean that I am not saying I am right but that it was just my opinion.

Howev

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Sorry but I am not saying my opinion should be respected...I wrote that to mean that I am not saying

dorsetdano
12-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Sorry I've been offline since my last post and not joined in the ensuing fun. Everyone is delighted (at least I hope they are) with the last four results. The defence has been magnificent, particularly Adrian, and we still have the prospect of Reid coming back to full fitness.

My post was in response to the rhetorical original question 'give Sam time'? and as a boring old fart who has always loved watching kids be given a chance, i can't understand for the life of me why Lee for instance has never merited a start, when the muppet called Maiga played game after game.

sir terence brown
12-02-2014, 05:03 PM
[quote="bonzosbest74"]69, I've noticed a lack of comprehension of other peoples opinions in quite a few of your posts mate.

You clearly attend loads of away games (your away reports are the stuff of legend) and have supported West Ham for many years yet your outlook is very much that of a modern premier lg era fan.

There seems to no understanding that some people might have supported the Hammers because of the style of football so any attempts at mentioning the lack of possession and siege defending is met with a pragmatic nudge toward the league table.

Allardyce apologists seem to expect that fans brought up on watching the likes of Brooking, Devonshire & DiCanio should just get over it and accept our lack of flair because 'The BFS way' is effective.

It is incomprehensible why anyone would yearn for more academy players in the team. . . . . that's just old fashioned isn't it? The academy argument is met with grunts of 'they ain't good enough' without

herbiehammer
12-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Believe me this has to be one of the most difficult replies Ive ever had to do, I even thought about not posting but alas I am now.

I agree with Bonzo and ... this is more difficult than I thought
and Terence :blue:

Whiskyman
12-02-2014, 05:59 PM
You want someone to blame for the way football has gone, blame Sky ! - My opinion - I am more worried about the 60 quid tickets than a couple of signings that didn't work out (like no other manager ever makes mistakes)

Noone has to listen to me but I gave my opinion, does not mean I dont respect people that want it to go back to being like the 70's ...I do, but I am a tad more realistic.

Blame Sky? How so? Back in the day Sky offered the deal to the clubs and they accepted it. They didn't have to agree.

Then Sky sold their product to us football loving punters. We didn't have to buy it, but we did. In large numbers.

Would we have ever seen diCanio at Upton Park had it not been for Sky? I know many people have issues with the quality or otherwise of our performances at the moment but surely you would agree the overall standard of play in the top division is the best it has ever been.

And wall to wall football on the t v, a

sir terence brown
12-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Believe me this has to be one of the most difficult replies Ive ever had to do, I even thought about not posting but alas I am now.

:heart:

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Sorry I've been offline since my last post and not joined in the ensuing fun. Everyone is delighted (at least I hope they are) with the last four results. The defence has been magnificent, particularly Adrian, and we still have the prospect of Reid coming back to full fitness.

My post was in response to the rhetorical original question 'give Sam time'? and as a boring old fart who has always loved watching kids be given a chance, i can't understand for the life of me why Lee for instance has never merited a start, when the muppet called Maiga played game after game.

Probably because Lee is not yet good enough either...having seen him I think he looks too lightweight myself, but playing Maiga might have meant in getting rid in Jan ?

However, the Youth thing has been commented on enough...I still stand by the comment that there are no decent kids worth giving a chance above what we have playing in the first team and there haven'

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 06:27 PM

You've clearly soiled yourself mate XD

To be honest I've agreed with Sir T a on at least 4 occasions recently :s . This site needs strong differing opinions and I never had a problem with his or anyone else's football chat, it was the personal stuff and goading that I objected to and I've not seen any of it recently.

Maybe he's stopped his wind-ups and has changed his ways a bit which is surely a good thing. This board went through a bit of a dip not so long ago and we need all the old & new posters we can get so another passionate opinionated fan is most welcome.

Debates would be very boring indeed if we all saw the game in exactly the same way.

Hammerman69
12-02-2014, 06:32 PM
[quote="sir terence brown"]69, I've noticed a lack of comprehension of other peoples opinions in quite a few of your posts mate.

It is incomprehensible why anyone would yearn for more academy players in the team. . . . . that's just old fashioned isn't it? The academy argument

sir terence brown
12-02-2014, 07:13 PM
You make a lot of assumptions. You seem to be reeling from Bondzos post and your posts are becoming more and more erratic.

Firstly, Carr, I don't know. Are you a mind reader? I won't explain myself but you are coming across as extremely arrogant.

Morrison fit? Do you actually believe he's not? Come on, no ones falling for that. It's a mexican stand off. Redknapp, an allardyce mate, gave the game away on TV. Not me guessing, another manager said he was fit. Do you actually believe what comes out the club?

Morrisons issues are like ****s. Who said that? I didn't. Yet again you're making things up to suit your argument. I said ****s, macavennie, di canio, hartson were trouble. Their behaviour would'nt have been accepted at man utd (by fergie) but we're west ham. We either have a team full of matty taylors or work with troubled souls. Take your choice. I know I would prefer to pander to the countries top talent rather than see him excel elsewhere.

So you're saying that a players on A

bonzosbest74
12-02-2014, 08:20 PM
I know I would prefer to pander to the countries top talent rather than see him excel elsewhere.

Spot-on

If DiCanio wasn't unhinged then he would never have pulled on a West Ham shirt, we got lucky because he lost his temper with a referee shortly before Fergie was about to sign him.

The mentally strong/non-flawed genius players like Messi, Bergkamp & Zola always play for the big clubs, our only chance of a bit of stardust is a troubled soul. Personally I hope Wilfred Zaha keeps up his womanising and Jack Wilshere keeps on puffing on the B&H so as we can get them too. . . . . . . . . . .obviously only as back-up for Jarvis & Taylor though. >;)

terrya1965
12-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Though I`m delighted with our results in the past 4 games,I go along with Bonzo and Terence.

I don`t expect us to play like City or Liverpool,but I would like to see us mix it up a bit.Maybe play a few different systems at times.I`ll be honest with you,its dog sh*t to watch.
The days of us being the main Match on MotD & Match Choice have long gone.I love seeing West Ham win,but the way we doing it is very difficult to watch I`m afraid.

Dailly___7
12-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Interesting viewing, this thread.

When it was first posted, the OP got a right c.unting (and rightly so) as he/she/it was clearly on a wind up.

But since our recent run of good results, it seems there are more and more posters willing to offer excuses for Fat Sam's shortcomings ;D

As for your posts, Bonzo, I do happen to make you right on many of your points. But you're agreeing with everything ginger thumbs is saying, so you must be wrong :D XD

bonzosbest74
13-02-2014, 12:09 AM
As for your posts, Bonzo, I do happen to make you right on many of your points. But you're agreeing with everything ginger thumbs is saying, so you must be wrong :D XD

So I'm wrong even when I'm right?. . . . . . .you sound remarkably like Mrs Bonzo ;D

Hammerman69
13-02-2014, 09:22 AM
[quote="sir terence brown"]You make a lot of assumptions. You seem to be reeling from Bondzos post and your posts are becoming more and more erratic.

Firstly, Carr, I don't know. Are you a mind reader? I won't explain myself but you are coming across as extremely arrogant.

Morrison fit? Do you actually believe he's not? Come on, no ones falling for that. It's a mexican stand off. Redknapp, an allardyce mate, gave the game away on TV. Not me guessing, another manager said he was fit. Do you actually believe what comes out the club?

Morrisons issues are like ****s. Who said that? I didn't. Yet again you're making things up to suit your argument. I said ****s, macavennie, di canio, hartson were trouble. Their behaviour would'nt have been accepted at man utd (by fergie) but we're west ham. We either have a team full of matty taylors or work with troubled souls. Take your choice. I know I would prefer to pander to the countries top talent rather than see him

kirkup
13-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Original post whether a wind up or not, turned out to be fairly accurate at the end of the day.

Hammerman69 think you're wasting your time with STB, Blimp (The hot air balloon), Numbers, Thumbs etc. etc. etc.

To be honest in all his various guises I haven't known him to get anything, relating to FACTS right in his sorry life, IMHO of COURSE.

Having said that he did predict 2-0 in the Villa game, I'll leave you to guess which way round though :D :D

bonzosbest74
13-02-2014, 12:36 PM
[quote="Hammerman69"]

At the end of he day, you can keep whinging about all these things you want, fast attacking football from the 80s and 90s etc but its a waste of time going over this time and time again. It is not going to happen unless we become a top 5 or 6 team and that means we need to be bought by a rich owner. No amount of complaining about it will make a difference I am afraid...it is what it is.

Let me explain, I'm not angry but I think these threads are so repetitive...the same whining and moaning and what good does it do. Its got to the point where after a win, noone wants to discuss the actual game but more about how we are not bringing some fabled mega skillful youth players through (ones noone can)...that is why I thought that was the most ridiculous post I had ever seen. I get the impression some want us to fail to get their own way, get Di Canio in, the club get relegated but at least we are playing the old west ham way eh ? Utte

Hammerman69
13-02-2014, 12:58 PM
Last post so won't be an issue. No mate...I am bemused at some of the ******** that is posted over and over again. Youth, 'the west ham way' etc. I understand people are longing for something that is long gone...fine. I'd love it to be that way too...difference is I can see how moaning over and over again really makes no difference.

Yes, I made the comment about the back 4 a number of times in the vague hope that some people on here would want to talk about the football being this is a football board but no, all there is is negativity about how we should be playing the way we played in the 80s and that we should be bringing through this mythical group of fantastic youth players.
I have no problem with criticism when we play poorly, lose games we should win, make bad decisions etc but if you can criticise you have to be positive when things go well and some people on here are too blinded by hatred. If we won the CL like Chelsea did, people would complain about the style, that we don't

sir terence brown
13-02-2014, 01:46 PM
[quote="Hammerman69"]Last post so won't be an issue. No mate...I am bemused at some of the ******** that is posted over and over again. Youth, 'the west ham way' etc. I understand people are longing for something that is long gone...fine. I'd love it to be that way too...difference is I can see how moaning over and over again really makes no difference.

Yes, I made the comment about the back 4 a number of times in the vague hope that some people on here would want to talk about the football being this is a football board but no, all there is is negativity about how we should be playing the way we played in the 80s and that we should be bringing through this mythical group of fantastic youth players.
I have no problem with criticism when we play poorly, lose games we should win, make bad decisions etc but if you can criticise you have to be positive when things go well and some people on here are too blinded by hatred. If we won the CL like Chelsea did, peop

Whiskyman
13-02-2014, 01:51 PM
What you have probably overlooked 69 is that we are Brits.

And let's face it the only thing we are world class at any more is whingeing. And that's not the exclusive province of Hammers fans either.

Sad, but also true.

mikeveep
13-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Regarding 69's "most ridiculous post" comment.

I'm sure there have been worse but I dont think that aberration deserved your broadside, Bonzo.

His posts,originally very objective, have gradually moved to conforming to the general confrontational style we have on here.

Perhaps it's new to him,this free for all...changing from reporting mode to banter is quite a skill,(which you have mastered,mate ;D) so he should have been excused his outburst.

bonzosbest74
13-02-2014, 02:37 PM
I'm sure there have been worse but I dont think that aberration deserved your broadside, Bonzo.

I hope not Mike, I'm certainly very sorry if it was construed as personal. I repeatedly told him that I enjoy his posts and tried to keep my observations pertinent to what he posted.

Clearly I have constructed my posts very poorly if 69 has decided to leave because of me, rather than catch the gist of what I was trying to say.

The way I judged it he was far ruder to the poster than I was to him but I apologise if I got it wrong. If you as an impartial observer (and one of the boards old farts ;D ) think I went too far then clearly I have.

mikeveep
13-02-2014, 03:06 PM
You couldn't have predicted the outcome...

He seemed of mature years...just hadn't gauged the tone of this kind off board,I guess.

99% of the posters would have dug out an old embarrassing post of yours and told you to do one.

bonzosbest74
13-02-2014, 03:54 PM
You couldn't have predicted the outcome...

He seemed of mature years...just hadn't gauged the tone of this kind off board,I guess.

99% of the posters would have dug out an old embarrassing post of yours and told you to do one.

XD XD XD

Plenty of those mate

dagenhamJohn
13-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Bonzo,

your a bad dude!! >:(

keep looking over your shoulder, or i'll get ya!

be aware now
john :)

Hammerman69
13-02-2014, 05:03 PM
No, No, No... I have not misjudged the board and its type of humour. I don't have a problem with that or anyone on here.
Just to be clear, I'm not leaving the board because of Bonzo or any other person here individually, not his opinions or his comments.

I'm leaving because the negative comments are too repetitive and its not at all balanced even when we do well so its nothing personal.
And I have no problem with negativity when its called for but I do when its for negativity sake.

Hope that helps

PS I am not of mature years you cheeky so and so >:( ... I'm 44 mate...but then again, maybe that is mature nowadays :D

bonzosbest74
13-02-2014, 05:14 PM
No, No, No... I have not misjudged the board and its type of humour. I don't have a problem with that or anyone on here.
Just to be clear, I'm not leaving the board because of Bonzo or any other person here individually, not his opinions or his comments.

I'm leaving because the negative comments are too repetitive and its not at all balanced even when we do well so its nothing personal.
And I have no problem with negativity when its called for but I do when its for negativity sake.

Hope that helps

PS I am not of mature years you cheeky so and so >:( ... I'm 44 mate...but then again, maybe that is mature nowadays :D

Stop moaning you old codger. >:(

And don't leave either, I promise not to complain about the manager or Jarvis until Saturday. ;D

bonzosbest74
13-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Bonzo,

Does that mean c.unt John? ;D

dagenhamJohn
13-02-2014, 05:20 PM
Bonzo,

Does that mean c.unt John? ;D[/quote]Bonzmeister,
you know i don't swear! :)

WHU
13-02-2014, 06:28 PM
yet again i find bonzo's points the ones closest to my own

all about opinion

now lets stay up and off this toadlike (unt quicker than sh1t through a goose in may, for a better WHUFC

simples

;D :D XD

dagenhamJohn
13-02-2014, 06:35 PM

all about opinion

now lets stay up and off this toadlike (unt quicker than sh1t through a goose in may, for a better WHUFC

simples

;D :D XDevening mate,

won't happen and you know it! ;D

as for the Goose in May? tasty :)

all the best now
john :)

Ironworks1
13-02-2014, 07:35 PM

Tell that to Glenn Johnson >:([/quote]

Ah, but look at Liverpool's results since he's been out of the side.
;D

And I trust you noticed my old mate Victor Anichebe popped one in last night. Wasn't best pleased for obvious reasons of course. That's me, not him, of course.[/quote]

F ucking hell. XD XD

That's two now isn't it XD XD

I think you're probably the only one who considers you a decentish assessor of players apart from Carlton Cole - he loves you XD

WHU
13-02-2014, 07:52 PM

all about opinion

simples

;D :D XDevening mate,

won't happen and you know it! ;D

as for the Goose in May? tasty :)

all the best now
john :)[/quote]

evening john and mr.hill

the reactions of gold and sullivan ain't the quickest or best on the managerial front , i grant you that john

still sniping like the absolute (unt you are harry XD we wouln't have it any other way. hope the hill troupe all fine and dandy

Ironworks1
13-02-2014, 09:40 PM
All good thanks :D

Long week spent watching that utter s hit the other night followed by working in Norfolk, Suffolk and ending up on the Es*** Riviera today ;D

Mark_Kaylor
13-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Evening H.

Watched the same sh!t too.

Take the result all day though :)

Took Smash and Grab to another level.

Then again, we've been f.ucked over in similar circumstances far too often in the past.

Ironworks1
13-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Hello mate

Kirky said he'd nearly trod on you :D

That's just it. As s hit as it was, who didn't feel great going home and the next day, just because we'd nicked it.

It's why I always think, regardless of what people might say or think, subconsciously or otherwise the result comes first. We played well at Norwich and lost and we all felt robbed and f ucked off for a couple of days - it was nice to know they'd get some of the same :D

WHU
13-02-2014, 11:05 PM
All good thanks :D

Long week spent watching that utter s hit the other night followed by working in Norfolk, Suffolk and ending up on the Es*** Riviera today ;D

hope you had your passport at border control you fu(king infidel
XD
morrisons?

Mark_Kaylor
13-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Good away support from Norwich on a Wednesday night - cap doffed.

Like I said, crap entertainment but a result.

Needs must. I'll take it all day :)

terrya1965
14-02-2014, 12:11 AM
H69,I love West Ham to bits..If you cut me,I`d bleed claret and blue(well defiantly claret :) ).

Under Sam,the football has been awful to watch what ever you say.I do think we are difficult to beat when we have a full squad to pick from.And I do love it,that we are hard to break down,but I miss us playing decent football.
Nearly every team,we play has more possession than us,whether it`s Doncaster Rovers or Man Utd.Everything is built on not to concede.Yes,its great going to Chelsea and doing that,but not every bloody team we play against.I wanna see us mix it up a bit.I wanna see us express ourselves more.I wanna see the Morrison`s.You know every game what you are going to get with Big Sam.Its so predictable.We are after all just outside the relegation zone too,not challenging for a Champions League place FFS.

I just want to see more entertainment,Is that too much to ask?

Whiskyman
14-02-2014, 12:12 AM

I think you're probably the only one who considers you a decentish assessor of players apart from Carlton Cole - he loves you XD[/quote]

Don't think I've ever said Carlton Cole is a top class player. Perhaps you could trawl through your collections of my previous postings (I'm flattered by your encyclopaedic knowledge of them by the way XD XD XD ) and contradict me if you find otherwise.

And of course I'll blow my own trumpet. After all no other c_unt is going to do it for me, are they? :D

Ironworks1
14-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Have a word Whisky

Anichebe buy of the season and Carroll no better than Cole. Pretty easy to remember that b ollocks without trawling anywhere. If you'd have said Anichebe's injury record is no better than Carroll's you might have been on to something.

And then you start saying what a decent judge of a player you are :D :D

We all like to think we are, but bottom line, we see our own players once a week at best and just snippets of other teams. I remember calling Maiga as s hit almost the first game he played, but then I also thought Sheringham was too slow and predictable to play for England :D

jon15u
14-02-2014, 07:04 AM
" Sherringham. " He took a gamble on us.

Whiskyman
14-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Have a word Whisky

Anichebe buy of the season and Carroll no better than Cole. Pretty easy to remember that b ollocks without trawling anywhere. If you'd have said Anichebe's injury record is no better than Carroll's you might have been on to something.

And then you start saying what a decent judge of a player you are :D :D

We all like to think we are, but bottom line, we see our own players once a week at best and just snippets of other teams. I remember calling Maiga as s hit almost the first game he played, but then I also thought Sheringham was too slow and predictable to play for England :D

And where does saying Carroll is no better than Cole, which I readily admit to based on what I'd seen him not do at Liverpool to justify a mammoth fee, suggest that Cole is a class act?

Touting Anichebe as a buy of the season might have been a bit OTT but I'm sure I qualified with an "at the right price" comment. XD

But of cours

dagenhamJohn
14-02-2014, 04:49 PM
perhaps we'd be better advised to judge players more on their performances and less on their signing fee's :)

Cole isn't in the same class as Carroll,

simple really.

Whiskyman
14-02-2014, 06:43 PM
perhaps we'd be better advised to judge players more on their performances and less on their signing fee's :)

simple really.

We'll have to disagree on our assessments of Carroll mate.

Having seen him in our colours I'm happy to admit he's better than he looked when I saw him play for Liverpool when they were on the box. But I'm afraid I just can't go along with all the hype surrounding his "ability".

And I'd suggest that it's difficult to judge him this season on his performances because we haven't seen very many of them, have we?
;D

As for transfer fees, players have always been judged, by fans and the media on the basis of "are they worth it".

And in my ever so humble( not) opinion ;D , Man City did rather better business when they bought Negredo for around 16 mill than we did when we bought AC. Now there's a player who is worth his fee. :star:

Be lucky.

Ironworks1
14-02-2014, 06:56 PM

simple really.

Having seen him in our colours I'm happy to admit he's better than he looked when I saw him play for Liverpool when they were on the box. But I'm afraid I just can't go along with all the hype surrounding his "ability".

And I'd suggest that it's difficult to judge him this season on his performances because we haven't seen very many of them, have we?
;D

As for transfer fees, players have always been judged, by fans and the media on the basis of "are they worth it".

And in my ever so humble( not) opinion ;D , Man City did rather better business when they bought Negredo for around 16 mill than we did when we bought AC. Now there's a player who is worth h

dagenhamJohn
14-02-2014, 07:03 PM

simple really.

;D

And in my ever so humble( not) opinion ;D , Man City did rather better business when they bought Negredo for around 16 mill than we did when we bought AC. Now there's a player who is worth h

sir terence brown
14-02-2014, 07:24 PM
The thing with carrol is, he won't score goals. He can do whatever wonderful stuff he does but he's a centre forward who won't score goals.
IMO a full season of carroll (which won't happen) and people will want him out the team as he won't be scoring

dagenhamJohn
14-02-2014, 08:08 PM
The thing with carrol is, he won't score goals. He can do whatever wonderful stuff he does but he's a centre forward who won't score goals.
IMO a full season of carroll (which won't happen) and people will want him out the team as he won't be scoringyeah like now!

Whiskyman
15-02-2014, 07:25 AM

simple really.

;D

And in my ever so humble( not) opinion ;D , Man City did rather better business when they bought Negredo for around 16 mill than we did when

Ironworks1
15-02-2014, 09:33 AM
We bid for him before we signed Carroll

Keep up ffs :D

Passtheball
15-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Think he was SAMs second pick after Grant Holt!