PDA

View Full Version : Warning. The value of your investment may...

palerider
09-01-2014, 07:31 AM
Go down in value Messrs Gold and Sullivan. You may not get back what you put in.

This is the caveat put on all investment products. It applies no less so at West Ham United.

They have bought into and invested heavily in the club. But they'll have done their research. It wasn't for love despite what they tell you because they are businessmen. They knew the Olympic Stadium was to be handed to us. If there had been any doubt we'd be in different hands now.

But you have to protect your investment. The all-time low attendance will probably not be reduced for the second-leg, but only because of a sea of sky-blue.

And it should hit them like a slap in the face.

Supporters are a stupid lot. They continue to put their hands in their pockets following a team that they and in most cases their fathers before them regard as a part of their lives. But especially now, with money so tight there will come a time when enough is enough.

So Chuckles, are you still going to sit back while the gates f

WHU
09-01-2014, 07:33 AM
they won't drop that far mate, the gates, never have done

and there lies part of the problem

this club has always abused the supporters loyalty and probably always will do

:blue:

Whiskyman
09-01-2014, 03:30 PM
they won't drop that far mate, the gates, never have done

and there lies part of the problem

this club has always abused the supporters loyalty and probably always will do

:blue:

I actually disagree. I think this time the fans will finally call time on regular (and expensive) attendance. Everyone has their price, as the saying goes, and I also think everyone has their breaking point.

And that's before the Bagel Brothers unveil the successor to Allardyce. Assuming of course they get rid.

I believe you used to have a ST, I know I did, Jimmy V is another who has said elsewhere he won't renew. And there are others I can't recall, and that's just on one forum. These are long standing die hards. When people like this say "enough is enough" the writing is on the wall.

madmax66
09-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Well they won't be getting my money as long as that fat c@nt is still there.

bonzosbest74
09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Sometimes it's just a sub-concious decision.

I've not declared that I'm protesting or made any stance but I've not been to a game since Fulham (h) and that is unlike me. I fully intend to go again regardless of who is in charge but every time we play in a spineless and sh1t fashion it makes me put it off for a couple of weeks.

If we sacked BFS tomorrow I would be straight on the phone booking 3 x tickets for the Newcastle game.

WHU
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
i had a similar opinion at times throughout terry brown,glenn roader and sh1t football under a very negative arrognat manager in a recession (now)

our attendances always hold up very well

i stand by what i said, loyalty is totally abused and lack of reacting with our feet, holds the club back

take a club like blackburn. far less support. less loyalty. more fluctuation to circumstance. with steve keane, they lost 30%+ from the gate as direct protest. change happened.