PDA

View Full Version : imminent signings ?

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
10:29
Rotherham assistant Paul Raynor hints at imminent arrivals.
Rotherham United
@OfficialRUFC
PR: We're trying to add to our numbers. We won't do it for the sake of it so it will only be quality not quantity.
Jan. 9, 2014

Retweet
Favorite

Rotherham United
@OfficialRUFC
PR: We're excited about what's in the pipeline but it's no good until it's over the line.
Jan. 9, 2014

Retweet
Fav

GingaMilla
09-01-2014, 11:18 AM
If PR is taking the press conferences then of course SE will be talking to clubs. Hope something it done soon.

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Everything comes to he who waits...or not.

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 01:58 PM
Sky Bet have suspended betting on Paddy Madden?s future as he looks set to drop down two tiers to join Sky Bet League 2 side S****horpe from Yeovil. The Irishman was prolific for the Glovers in League 1 last season, making this a potentially great coup by manager Russ Wilcox. See all our transfer odds here.

Heman
09-01-2014, 02:01 PM
More bloody imminents - are they from Bulgaria?

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 02:15 PM
that clears the way for winall :)

Sky sources understand the former Carlisle United player is undergoing a medical at Glanford Park today.

dusty_miller
09-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Has there been some bids for players?

vespabri
09-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Has there chuff!!!:blue:

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
latest ...

Rotherham, currently in the play-off zone in League One, are planning a big recruitment drive this month after offloading several players already. However, Millers boss Steve Evans says he is none the wiser over the potential return of striker Nouha Dicko from Wigan.

"I have put a list of players together and it is up to the chairman to decide whether to bid or not".

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 04:23 PM
latest ...

Rotherham, currently in the play-off zone in League One, are planning a big recruitment drive this month after offloading several players already. However, Millers boss Steve Evans says he is none the wiser over the potential return of striker Nouha Dicko from Wigan.

"I have put a list of players together and it is up to the chairman to decide whether to bid or not".

That doesn't exactly sound "imminent" does it?

vespabri
09-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Dicko won"t come back.
At this rate nobody will come.

vespabri
09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Maybe he"s waiting for the Madden deal to go through with Scunny so we can have Winnall??
Other than that i"m losing the will to live.

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 04:35 PM
it certainly is very enigmatic :s

merry_miller
09-01-2014, 06:03 PM
We had a 200k bid turned down for Madden apparantly. - view external link (www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/S****horpe-poised-to-swoop-for-madden-29900977.html)

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 06:06 PM
League One side Rotherham and then S****horpe tabled A?200,000 bids earlier this week but they were rebuffed and both clubs told they would have to fork out more to sign the Dubliner.

S****horpe, who are looking to bounce back to League One, came up with the money and it could be enough to get the deal across the line with Madden also believed to be getting a pay rise.

Yeovil would be making a substantial profit on the 23-year-old, given they signed the ex-Bohs striker for just A?15,000 from Carlisle last January.

rodcurrie
09-01-2014, 06:27 PM
League One side Rotherham and then S****horpe tabled A?200,000 bids earlier this week but they were rebuffed and both clubs told they would have to fork out more to sign the Dubliner.

S****horpe, who are looking to bounce back to League One, came up with the money and it could be enough to get the deal across the line with Madden also believed to be getting a pay rise.

Yeovil would be making a substantial profit on the 23-year-old, given they signed the ex-Bohs striker for just A?15,000 from Carlisle last January. a good poster on our BLADESmad board reckons rovrum&posh have had bids turned darn for luke freeman at stevenage,he believe's stevenage want abart A?250,000 for freeman,he's ex arsenal and 21 yrs old.UTB

Adventus2012
09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
from Sky Sports Transfer Centre

16:16

SE " I have put a list of players together and it is up to the chairman to decide whether to bid or not".

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM
from Sky Sports Transfer Centre

16:16

SE " I have put a list of players together and it is up to the chairman to decide whether to bid or not".

Looks familiar

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 07:42 PM
We are hearing Yeovil forward Paddy Madden has agreed a deal to join S****horpe United. Madden has passed his medical and is expected to sign a two-and-a-half-year deal at Glanford Park after finding himself out of favour at Huish Park.

will winnall be announced soon ? :O

TMiller
09-01-2014, 08:48 PM
why did we get rid of two good players when we clearly have nothing lined up? why could we not have kept hold of tidser and worrall until we actually signed somebody!?

if its taking this long then something is up and its likely we will end up settling for second choices. we will also have 3 or 4 subs on saturday and we have already suffered a lot from having f*ck all on the bench this season

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 09:27 PM
because he will have been told he has to ship out before he can bring in .. simple :) wage limits etc

TMiller
09-01-2014, 09:29 PM
at the end of the day we are playing crewe on saturday and our squad is in absolute tatters

merry_miller
09-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Hardly in tatters give me 4 of our 5 subs over 6 of Crewe's. I'd probably take whoever their reserve keeper is over Shearer though.

gazisamiller
09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
I'd have preferred Madden to Winnall. He scored a lot of goals in this division and led Yeovil to promotion. Winnall, as good as be seems at the moment, has only scored at the bottom level so far.

Madden is certainly the more proven and if reports are correct and we couldnt match S****horpe's £300k, a deal for Dicko looks unlikely.

TMiller
09-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Hardly in tatters give me 4 of our 5 subs over 6 of Crewe's. I'd probably take whoever their reserve keeper is over Shearer though.

who will we have on the bench on saturday….shearer, o'connor, brindley, bradley…….absolute tatters

LiAmOfRuFc
09-01-2014, 10:31 PM
I'd have preferred Madden to Winnall. He scored a lot of goals in this division and led Yeovil to promotion. Winnall, as good as be seems at the moment, has only scored at the bottom level so far.

Madden is certainly the more proven and if reports are correct and we couldnt match S****horpe's A?300k, a deal for Dicko looks unlikely.

Well we have neither so tough :p

millertop
09-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Latest rumour, Dicko's been down for a medical

merry_miller
09-01-2014, 11:20 PM

who will we have on the bench on saturdaya??.shearer, o'connor, brindley, bradleya??a??.absolute tatters[/quote]

So we've got two full internationals on our bench ? hardly in tatters is it.

gazisamiller
10-01-2014, 08:34 AM

who will we have on the bench on saturdaya??.shearer, o'connor, brindley, bradleya??a??.absolute tatters[/quote]

So we've got two full internationals on our bench ? hardly in tatters is it.[/quote]
Think he means Scott not Alan ;D ;D ;D

deano_83
10-01-2014, 09:32 AM

Was going around on twitter and made up by a few young kids.

No medical was done yesterday, potentially a fee has been agreed but Bristol City are right in for him aswell. See what happens.

Anyone who thinks we can't afford 300k or more, we can. There is cash there to spend and it all depends on the players wages and Dicko's agent where he ends up. Money talks.

Some Rotherham fans don't half panic and start getting abusive if we don't sign a player right away, just calm down and wait and see who comes in.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2014, 09:38 AM

No medical was done yesterday, potentially a fee has been agreed but Bristol City are right in for him aswell. See what happens.

Anyone who thinks we can't afford 300k or more, we can. There is cash there to spend and it all depends on the players wages and Dicko's agent where he ends up. Money talks.

Some Rotherham fans don't half panic and start getting abusive if we don't sign a player right away, just calm down and wait and see who comes in.[/quote]

Amanda likes this. :D :D

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2014, 09:45 AM
That crap rumours site not been very entertaining so far. :( :(

This is the last thing on there.

06 Jan 2014 12:56:45
AFC Bournemouth's Miles Addison set for move to Rotherham United.

King loui
10-01-2014, 09:55 AM
Totally Agree Deano the club is in the best financial shape than ever before, with a very good business man running it.

personally I do believe Dicko is the 1st choice but Evans and Raynor are smart cookies and if it fails they will have a very good second and third addition.

hope the rumour is true about the medical.

just hope they change the win rate at home as we have played some excellent football without the results to show.:):-)

TMiller
10-01-2014, 10:07 AM

Some Rotherham fans don't half panic and start getting abusive if we don't sign a player right away, just calm down and wait and see who comes in.[/quote]

i can't understand that point of view at all. regardless of who we bring in after tomorrow we still have a game tomorrow and at the minute we can't even fill a bench. at the very least it is unproffesional and at the worst it could cost us some points

gramiller1959
11-01-2014, 07:01 PM
whats happened to winnall ?