PDA

View Full Version : Shorey

GrumpyPeteT
09-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Has signed until the end of the season...Yes.

chiblu
09-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Good - let's just hope he is not injury prone - we've enough sick notes already.

lovedeanblue
09-01-2014, 02:49 PM
We've let Shaun Cooper go, it hasn't worked out this time.

midhurstblue
09-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Shorey played for Steve Coppell at Reading, so that probably helped in the signing. Its my guess that it will mean Painter leaving as his contract is about to run out.

Southerndown
09-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Wiki entry:

Nicholas "Nicky" Robert Shorey (born 19 February 1981) is an English footballer who is currently playing for League Two side Portsmouth. He plays as a left-back but may be utilised in any position due to a lack of first team players !!

Jim
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I've never rated him after watching him play against us for Reading. I remember Utaka making a complete fool of him at the Madjeski back in the 07/08 season I think.

Still, he might do a job for us in League Two.

Corkhead
09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Good going forward, not so good defensively.

How many times do you say that about a full back nowadays.

I am liking the way the signings are shaping up though.

Scoular1
10-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Easily pleased then Corky :/

Shorey nearly 33...one for the future then.
Taylor 3 goals in 50 odd games.
Jervis...got ripped of in Turkey,so not the brightest among us,and more loans than Wonga.com

bluekite
10-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I've never rated him after watching him play against us for Reading. I remember Utaka making a complete fool of him at the Madjeski back in the 07/08 season I think.

Still, he might do a job for us in League Two.
Blimey , if Utaka made a fool of him then that is a worry (or was that one of Utaka's few good games?)

bluekriss66
10-01-2014, 09:15 PM
I,m quite optimistic about the new signing..fed up with all the negative stuff.

Corkhead
11-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Agreed. Any new blood is welcome from the dross we have been watching for the last few months. Let's at least give them a chance.

Any road up I watched Forest Green vs Hereford this week. The standard was awful. We'll p!ss that league next year. :D

pompeygun
11-01-2014, 11:15 AM
I,m quite optimistic about the new signing..fed up with all the negative stuff.

Spot on. I know we've been a bit rubbish, well quite a bit rubbish but PFC dont do things by halves.
But seems to me that some just want to moan for the sake of it.
Shorey will be decent IMO, he was only playing championship a few weeks ago. Jervis I dont know a lot about but from what I hear is meant to be decent enough. Taylor's scoring record, well Adgyemang's is not great if people want to go down that route.
Fogden sounds ok as well. Glass half full here. :D

PompeyScarf
11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Don't know what some people are expecting. Good younger talent from the leagues above will go to clubs that can pay more and established players in their prime won't come here. We're league 2 and financially restricted.

Some people expected an instant change when Guy left/Barker arrived. God knows why. Barker has to get them playing as a unit and Southend showed some good signs. Don't expect overnight change.

Jim
11-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Played quite well today despite being deployed in centre midfield. Calmed things down in the centre when the likes of Racon kept giving the ball away constantly. You can tell he has played at a much higher level in the past.

bluekriss66
13-01-2014, 10:32 AM
Lets hope he's up for giving his all in front of 15,000+ on Saturday.x