PDA

View Full Version : O/T Confession Time.

Woking88
09-01-2014, 03:18 PM
So Thomas Hitzlsperger has 'come out' and stated he is gay. So what, who cares - it is legal now!

Then we have Chris Smalling going to a party dressed as a suicide bomber.

What planet do these self-obsessed, inflated egos come from?

This prompted me to wonder if these revelations might be followed by others from Premier League stars admitting to other irrelevant leanings such as:-

I was a ****age stamp-collector.

I really wanted to be a netball star.

You will never guess where I keep my pet ferrets.

Perhaps you have some other suggestions for 'non-stories' for the front pages of the daily comics?

TundraWolf
09-01-2014, 05:14 PM
True Confessions time, Wokes?

OK, I am a hetero***ual male who enjoys looking at beautiful women.

Re: Your post, I agree, self-obsessed post adolescents should be seen and not heard.

greystone16
10-01-2014, 02:58 PM
Actually they give the impression of great big show offs, so what if they're lively,merry or bright,sorry gay but no need to push it down everyones throat. Upps - view external link (THEY)

Robus
10-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I come out as a hetero***ual every time I introduce my wife as my wife, every time we hold hands in public.

chimplad
11-01-2014, 01:41 AM
So Thomas Hitzlsperger has 'come out' and stated he is gay. So what, who cares - it is legal now!

This prompted me to wonder if these revelations might be followed by others from Premier League stars admitting to other irrelevant leanings such as:-

Perhaps you have some other suggestions for 'non-stories' for the front pages of the daily comics?

I don't really see a bloke coming out as self obsessed Woking.
He played in a sport where he would have been crucified by the crowd and opponents and even team mates for batting for the other side.
Maybe he has done it for support of his fellow folks in football, maybe he needs a few quid...who knows?
what we should be thankful f

Stroller59
11-01-2014, 01:53 AM
I come out as a hetero***ual every time I introduce my wife as my wife, every time we hold hands in public.

Somebody real for once... :)

Stroller59
11-01-2014, 01:55 AM
True Confessions time, Wokes?

OK, I am a hetero***ual male who enjoys looking at beautiful women.

Re: Your post, I agree, self-obsessed post adolescents should be seen and not heard.

Be careful Tundra... you're being 'normal' now... ;)

TundraWolf
11-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Shh, Stroller, don't blow my cover! B)

Woking88
12-01-2014, 04:45 PM

He played in a sport where he would have been crucified by the crowd and opponents and even team mates for batting for the other side.
Maybe he has done it for support of his fellow folks in football, maybe he needs a few

chimplad
12-01-2014, 05:09 PM

Maybe he has done it for support of his f

Evewolf65
12-01-2014, 06:03 PM

He played in a sport where he would have been crucified by the crowd and opponents and even team mates for batting for the other s

dunstablewolf
12-01-2014, 07:00 PM
I have lesbian tendencies.

Does that make me self obsessed ;0)

wolves71
12-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Don't believe the hype behind sports people or so called celebrities. If they choose to "come out", up to them, it's their life. Away from football and the 90 minutes on show, i don't put them on a pedestal.

Robus
12-01-2014, 07:38 PM
...Being gay is legal now but I do believe that those that are should keep their personal life to themselves. As I have said, they don't confess to being stamp collectors or whatever because nobody would be interested. Why therefore, should we be any more interested in their ***ual leanings...

Respectfully, it is legal now but why? The Alan Turing was in the news again lately. Were we born more tolerant than those who persecuted Turing, or did events push us toward the broader view? If the latter, which events?

In my opinion the effect of millions of people "coming out" whether publicly or to their friends and family has been to add momentum to needed change. I think of Billie Jean King as an important example over here. No doubt some did so out of narcissism or self-promotion, but for others it was a decision reached after painful struggle, because they felt they could help others or for the simple desire to live in truth.

Just my thoughts.

Snetterwolf
12-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Ok so I have an opinion on this subject...and as my eldest son is gay feel my comments are worthy more than most. So lets examine what is 'normal' Just because the media general public etc consider hetero***ual to be normal do we all have to accept Iit. Just because someome 'comesout' ...leads us to believe the term is even stereo typical. So what Iif we are not all the same, I also work with a few of these aliens (gays) ...and low and behold they have done me no harm. In fact they are probably more in tune with themselves than we are. So lets not be too rash in judging others, if they're not hurting anyone whats the problem??

TundraWolf
12-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Perhaps the "coming out" is today what inter-racial marriage was decades ago. Cutting edge for the first few thousand who did it, but now means little to anyone who is not in "the community."

When I pass on it will mean a lot to me and my nearest and dearest, but will not be worth a press release or a news conference.

The world moves on...

wolves71
12-01-2014, 08:32 PM
A person and his or her ***ual preference is down to them. No one has a right to judge. Like when people talk about race and/or colour, i refer to people by their. I'm not comparing either, but using it as an example. When celebrities do choose to as often referred to as "coming out", it probably helps others when afraid to tell friends or family.

Evewolf65
12-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Ok so I have an opinion on this subject...and as my eldest son is gay feel my comments are worthy more than most. So lets examine what is 'normal' Just because the media general public etc consider hetero***ual to be normal do we all have to accept Iit. Just because someome 'comesout' ...leads us to believe the term is even stereo typical. So what Iif we are not all the same, I also work with a few of these aliens (gays) ...and low and behold they have done me no harm. In fact they are probably more in tune with themselves than we are. So lets not be too rash in judging others, if they're not hurting anyone whats the problem??

Quite easily one of the best single paragraph replies I've ever read on here by somebody who Totally knows what they are talking about Cheers Snetts!!

unclesteve
12-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I personally confess to t w a tting a couple of Aldershot fans following the home game play offs back in the eighties...

Grown up now, ay I...;)

Woking88
12-01-2014, 08:50 PM
[quote="TundraWolf"

When I pass on it will mean a lot to me and my nearest and dearest, but will not be worth a press release or a news conference.

The world moves on...[/quote]

Absolutely spot on, Tundra. The exact point that I was making. It was never about condemning them!

chimplad
14-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Absolutely spot on, Tundra. The exact point that I was making. It was never about condemning them!

You'd make a great lawyer :blue:

Mr.D
14-01-2014, 12:27 PM

You'd make a great lawyer :blue:[/quote]Sounds more like a politician Chimp. ;D

Wolfiebill
14-01-2014, 02:46 PM
I think one has to be careful on a forum like this as you never know who's reading it and how far they might take matters etc.

Personally, I'm red blooded and hetero***ual. Call me old fashioned and suggest I get with times etc., but I find it difficult to accept homo***uality (I'm not going to use the word gay)

Where I struggle most is why homo***uals find it neccessary / essential to get married. I'm not a christian, but I do subscribe to christian values and a marriage is quite simply and solely (and will be to me) a union between a MAN and a WOMAN.

Yes, I'm prepared to live and let live; but perhaps someone would like to explain to me why a pair of homos found it necessary to hound a christian couple out of their B&B business. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-17336310)

chimplad
14-01-2014, 04:40 PM

You'd make a great lawyer :blue:[/quote]Sounds more like a politician Chimp. ;D[/quote]

To be honest mate I had one image in my mind after reading it...

http://i41.tinypic.com/11lhfkl.jpg

Woking88
14-01-2014, 05:06 PM

You'd make a great lawyer :blue:[/quote]

Not sure what you are finding a problem with here, Chimp.

For what it is worth, my view is that if someone is gay fine, I am not going to persecute them, it is their choice and it is legal. However, I don't want them telling me about it because I don't want to know any more than I want the details of what they did on their last visit to the toilet!

T

chimplad
14-01-2014, 10:04 PM

For what it is worth, my view is that if someone is gay fine, I am not going to persecute them, it is their choice and it is legal. However, I don't want them telling me about it because I don't want to know any more than I want the details of what

Woking88
14-01-2014, 10:17 PM

For what it is worth, my view is that if someone is gay fine, I am not going to persecute them, it is their choice and it is legal. However, I don't want them telling me about it because I don't want to

peterknowlesburnside
14-01-2014, 10:28 PM
The publicity generated by Hitzlsperger's statement only emphasises the fact that football is, in fact, still in the dark ages. If he had been any other sportsman, it would have barely made the newspapers, and certainly not the TV (and before anyone mentions Tom Daley - there are many people in his sport who are openly gay). Even the 'hard man' sport of rugby union is ahead of football, with Gareth Thomas coming out, while he was still playing. A complete change of attitude, by both fans and players, is going to be needed, but, sadly, I can't see it happening in my lifetime

Convincer
16-01-2014, 06:07 PM
See link - view external link (http://newsthump.com/2014/01/08/thomas-hitzlsperger-comes-out-as-brummie/)

wolves71
16-01-2014, 06:54 PM
See link

Pity the "like it" button doesn't work, quality :)

icart
17-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Can't believe you don't like Graham Norton chimp!

Mr.D
18-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Ok so I have an opinion on this subject...and as my eldest son is gay feel my comments are worthy more than most. So lets examine what is 'normal' Just because the media general public etc consider hetero***ual to be normal do we all have to accept Iit. Just because someome 'comesout' ...leads us to believe the term is even stereo typical. So what Iif we are not all the same, I also work with a few of these aliens (gays) ...and low and behold they have done me no harm. In fact they are probably more in tune with themselves than we are. So lets not be too rash in judging others, if they're not hurting anyone whats the problem??As a few of you know Snetter and myself live together and also work for the same company not so long ago I had the homophobic finger pointed at me how so wrong you were.

icart
18-01-2014, 11:29 AM
But when is she going to make an honest man of you?