PDA

View Full Version : Jervis in,Cooper out

Scoular1
09-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Sad for Shaun,but hey ho.
Hope Jake plays Saturday

Jim
09-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I hope so too. Rated him when he was with us last season, has a physical presence but a good strike on him too. His goal at Tranmere was class.

Hearing that David Connolly could be on his way out too. Might just be a rumour but with another striker (Ryan Taylor) set to sign it wouldn't surprise me.

Ryan Bird will probably be gone too. Good.

pompeygun
09-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Connolly for me looks a shadow of the player he was.
Shame because I was hopefull he had one more decent season in him but looks like injuries have caught up with him.

Corkhead
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Jake 'Mario' Jervis.

Slightly unfortunate but as Mario is one of my nicknames up here I wish him well. XD

lovedeanblue
09-01-2014, 06:37 PM
I hope so too. Rated him when he was with us last season, has a physical presence but a good strike on him too. His goal at Tranmere was class.

Hearing that David Connolly could be on his way out too. Might just be a rumour but with another striker (Ryan Taylor) set to sign it wouldn't surprise me.

Ryan Bird will probably be gone too. Good. It is being reported that Taylor has signed. He scored 23 goals in 135 appearances for Rotherham. When he left there in 2011 he signed a 3 year deal at Ashton Gate but in 51 games for Exeter, Burton Albion (both loan) and City he has scored only 3 goals. In RB and SC I trust ;D

pompeylee
09-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Jake 'Mario' Jervis.

Slightly unfortunate but as Mario is one of my nicknames up here I wish him well. XD

Do you have a moustache like the Italian plumber then?

What other nicknames & why do you get called them, sorry just being nosey.

Corkhead
10-01-2014, 07:46 AM
It goes back to the 78 World Cup. I was playing up front for a local team who had an Argentinian kit. The natural conclusion was Mario Kempes and unfortunately it stuck. Like most nicknames it was a pisstake. XD

midhurstblue
10-01-2014, 02:27 PM

3 goals in 51 games? I thought we were trying to get rid of strikers with that sort record.

Ryan Bird will probably be gone too. Good. It is being reported that Taylor has signed. He scored 23 goals in 135 appearances for Rotherham. When he left there in 2011 he signed a 3 year deal at Ashton Gate but in 51 games for Exeter, Burton Albion (both loan) and City he has scored only 3 goals. In RB and SC I trust ;D[/quote]

bluekite
10-01-2014, 04:03 PM

3 goals in 51 games? I thought we were trying to get rid of strikers with that sort record.

Ryan Bird will probably be gone too. Good. It is being reported that Taylor has signed. He scored 23 goals in 135 appearances for Rotherham. When he left there in 2011 he signed a 3 year deal at Ashton Gate but in 51 games for Exeter, Burton Albion (both loan) and City he has scored only 3 goals. In RB and SC I trust ;D[/quote][/quote]
Needs some serious trust in RB and SC (presume Coppell not Cotterill) with this striker if he is supposed to score g