Count me in :)

WULLIEQOS
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
me and the allanbank guys looking forward to a good game

Auld_Chippy
09-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Who's going ?

Count me in :)

I'll be there. Glutton for punishment but it's in the blood.

Lefty3
10-01-2014, 07:38 PM
I'll be at the game but i think it'll be a poor crowd maybe 1300 or so. This is a very important game, as they all are.But we don't want the points gap increasing on the teams directly above Queens.
Alloa will play their usual game trying to hit on the break, and trying to score from set- pieces.Caldwell will give them pace up front if he's fit to play.But i imagine they'll start with Kirk and Cawley supporting.Queens need to start taking their chances, oh for a composed finisher up front.The sooner we get a centre forward in the better and play Russell alongside him.I think we could have been 4 or 5 points better of if we had a decent centre.Let's hope the lads can manage a win.C'mon Queeeeeeens!

deek5trans
10-01-2014, 08:55 PM
We totally demolished them last time we met, probably one of the best displays of the season so a repeat performance would do just fine.

Katboy31
10-01-2014, 08:59 PM
I'll be there if I can finish work in time. Don't see a free flowing game here. Think Alloa will sit in and pack their defence, hoping to hit on the counter.

palmylad
11-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Good performance & great result from Queens today added in with 3 well worked goals .

No complaints from me , well done Queens

Northfield53
11-01-2014, 06:06 PM
That's more like it
What a surprise last seasons defence and we play 2 up front score 3 goals !!!
I hope I have seen the last of the 4-2-3-1

BigIain
11-01-2014, 06:44 PM
10 points from last 15.

Credit to the Manager for selecting an attacking team today.

5 players signed up ( so they must be happy to play for the Manager ).

Hopefully this will pacify his doubters for a wee while.

Big game next week where a win will take us into a good position for the end of the season

palmylad
11-01-2014, 06:55 PM
10 points from last 15.

Big game next week where a win will take us into a good position for the end of the season

Could really do with another performance like that next week and another win .

We've still to record back to back wins in the league this season

JRSLEFTPEG
11-01-2014, 07:01 PM
10 points from last 15.

Big game next week where a win will take us into a good position for the end of the season I would really like to warm to him. More consistency in selections would help.

BigIain
11-01-2014, 07:16 PM
10 points from last 15.

Big game next week where a win will take us into a good position for the end of the season I would really like to warm to him. More consistency in selections would help.[/quote]

I've been a bit like you and am starting to warm to him with my main reason being the players seem to like him.

Here's hoping for a good finish to the season.

Would be a nightmare to miss out on Hearts and Rangers next season as it's potentially a financial pot of gold.

deek5trans
11-01-2014, 07:33 PM
He has a lot to prove before i'll be warming to him.
We have been under achieving most of the season down to his poor tactics.

Today he got it right, the team most fans would have picked with the formation most fans would have picked and look what happened !!!!!

We have been here before though when he started to get it right and reverted back.

BlueHair
11-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Great result today. Very happy with the three points.
Thought taking Russell off and replacing with Danny was strange. Manager should know by now to get the best out of danny he has to be played on the right. However it was great to see him back on the pitch.
All in all great three points.
Totally agree with what's said before. Selection needs to be more consistent and keep players to their best position when we can.
Think Paul Hartley beat himself today with his first half tactics. I think if alloa cane to attack this game the game would have been closer.
Big zander had a wonderful save first half. If they had scored then it would have been so different.

queenschris
11-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Great result today. Very happy with the three points.
Thought taking Russell off and replacing with Danny was strange. Manager should know by now to get the best out of danny he has to be played on the right. However it was great to see him back on the pitch.
All in all great three points.
Totally agree with what's said before. Selection needs to be more consistent and keep players to their best position when we can.
Think Paul Hartley beat himself today with his first half tactics. I think if alloa cane to attack this game the game would have been closer.
Big zander had a wonderful save first half. If they had scored then it would have been so different.

Never managed to make the game today but a ***** 3 points earned.
Big zander has been an excellent signing for us so far this season.

Cpt_Blackadder
11-01-2014, 09:12 PM
I agree with Bluehair that Zander had a good game and probably turned it in our favour with his parry in the first half. If Alloa had gone one up they would never have ventured out of their half for the remainder of the game. I thought Paton and Russell were outstanding for the first hour. Glad to see our proper defence restored after last week's debacle. I was delighted that young Reilly got MOM. When they have the ball he plays like he is our first line of defence. His harassing of defenders often wins us possession but his lay offs today did not really work out. This can perhaps be put down to inexperience in that role but I also have to say I was amazed how many times he won possession when a towering defender looked favourite. Overall I have to say well done to the lads and well one to Macca on an excellent team choice.

deek5trans
11-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Don't you mean the opposite? If Alloa came to defend the game would have been closer?

Most attacking Alloa have been against us in a long time. They had a lot of chances today but we were clinical.

John_fi_Skye
11-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Really sorry I couldn't be there today. I'll make it next week, so I hope it'll be a similar result.

qosdreamer
11-01-2014, 10:30 PM
I was really shocked by Jims positive line-up today but it was probably decisive in our victory.We were worthy winners in the end but it could have changed without two very smart saves from Zander and an improvised shot from Alloa missing by inches.
All three goals were well worked and will help the confidence of the trio of scorers.I think that today confirmed that we must play Higgins and Durnan together.They are a partnership and Higgins is a good influence on Holt aswell.It negates whether Dowie is a better player than Durnan or Higgins.
We made Alloa look pretty ordinary today something we have struggled to do before.Bain again excelled.He is a quality shot stopper and saved his team from a bigger defeat.Cawley showed in flashes but Simmons,Kirk,Holmes and particularly McCord all seemed poor.Simmons never seems to enjoy his football and i could never enjoy his attitude on a football pitch.He spent most of today refeering the game while ghosting away from Mr Finnie's book.
Best for

QOS55
11-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Whole team played well today with burns and Paton being the pick of the bunch.

Reilly took his goal well, but a lot of work required on his first touch and lay offs is required if he is going to improve as a player at this level.

Much needed win though.

deek5trans
11-01-2014, 11:30 PM
For a couple of missed chances here and there just look at all the good Gavin Reilly brings to the team. He's got strength, pace, his work rate is simply outstanding and he scores goals.

If the rumors are true and this Motherwell striker is to be brought in then my fear is it will be at the expense of Reilly which would be a gutting. Someone is going to have to be sacrificed that is for sure.

Paton has quality but he does well for a hour then you have to double check to make sure he's still on the park, he just seems to tail off.

Burns was outstanding today. MOM imo

QOS55
11-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Not trying to be too critical about Reilly. I really just want him to turn out as the player we all hope he can become.

topfitter
12-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Thanks today to St Cuthbert Wanderers FC and Greystone Rovers FC youth players and their coaches for providing us with the half-time entertainment at this game, and to the supporters at the match for giving them such enthusiastic support :D :D :D

Below link to the QUEENS TRUST article and photo's,,, - view external link (http://queenstrust.org/?p=179)

JRSLEFTPEG
12-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Very well summed up dreamer . Why dont you post more often ? Agree that Zander could have a good career in game . If he goes back to Saints, still not getting a game then I could see him demanding a move . Yes, he is still young but once these guys get a taste of regular game time , they don't want to go back to reserve football. Simmons still remains the most reviled ( as a footballer) individual I have seen . All the urgency of a slug . His uncaring , swanning about attitude when we were in a relegation dog fight will live with me for an age but I wish it wouldn't.

BIGGEORGE
12-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Was it credit to the manager for selecting an attacking line up today or was he told to select one? I suspect it was the latter.

rjc_1988
12-01-2014, 10:08 AM
An entertaining game and a good performance fom us.

There is no doubt hat the formation enabled us to convert chances because most of the time we had Lyle and Reilly in the opposition penalty box as opposed to a lone striker and midfield runners.

Burns and McKenna make our central midfield strong and burns in particular had a great game. Paton is a class act and is better in a wider position IMHO.

I agree that Durnan and Higgins is our best pairing but Dowie is a very good player and in many ways is very unlucky not to be first choice. He would walk into most teams in this league. Holt is the obvious pick at left back barring a calamitous loss of form.

I still don't think Russell is being deployed in his best position but that now seems unlikely to change. Danny has really struggled this season - would like to see him play a big part in h run in but to do that he needs to be on the right and he needs to start finding an end product.

If we can go on a run (something we haven't come

Dobmeister
12-01-2014, 10:44 AM
Was it credit to the manager for selecting an attacking line up today or was he told to select one? I suspect it was the latter.
I strongly doubt that would be the case.
Credit to the manager and the players today.

aloreburn
12-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Ryan McGuffie must of picked one of the quickest bookings at Palmeesrton I can remember yesterday . 66 seconds according to the bbc report :)

Aliboy1975
12-01-2014, 03:37 PM
[quote="BIGGEORGE". ?

Lefty3
12-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Yes as other posters have already said credit to the manager for putting out an attacking line up. That is the only way to play against Alloa.Because if they had of scored first we all know what would have happened, they'd have got every man behind the ball.
Thought Queens were poor the first 20mins but when they got the first goal it seemed to settle them.Alloa have some pacy players but in the main the defence coped well.Both keepers had some good saves as well. Nice to see Mc Guffie back, that was some run he had down the wing.With a couple of decent signings hopefully we can climb the table.

jimbigqos
12-01-2014, 06:12 PM
Just a little whisper - maybe !!!

BlueHair
12-01-2014, 08:44 PM

Not at all. They played with one up front and sat off us allowing us to play hitting on the break. When they came at us second half it became obvious they were a better team than how they were employed first half.
Hartley said himself on the radio during the week he has two systems. One for home and one for away.
Still I am very happy with the result and glad Hartley did what he did first half.

Don't you mean the opposite? If Alloa came to defend the game would have been closer?

Most attacking Alloa have been against us in a long time. They had a lot of chances today but we were clinical.[/quote]

jardi
13-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Thought the team played well on Saturday, although on another day it could easily have been different.

We were also brilliant in the first half against Livi at Palmerston and should have put that game to bed.

I have a couple of major issues which I would like Mr. McIntyre to consider though, and that is with regard to substitutes.

Why, when we have 3 recognised midfielders: McShane Dwzerski and to a lesser extent Slattery on the bench, do we persist in playing McKenna on a booking? We were lucky to come away with a point from the Livi game, because both McKenna and Russel were on a booking and very likely to be sent off. Both players should have been subbed that day.

On Saturday, we had Burns and McKenna booked again, and McKenna could easily have been sent off for his late challenge on the Alloa number seven, who caused us all sorts of problems with his pace. What did Mr. McIntyre do? he decided to substitute the very influential Russel, who was playing wide and building play

deek5trans
13-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Agree about McKenna to a point but can see why he left him on as when we subbed him the previous week at Hamilton we lost midfield.

When Russell was subbed i would have put Danny on the wing like he did, moved Russell up front and took Lyle off.

Lyle had badly faded out the game by then and Russell had been pretty quite on the wing although still had bags of energy left.

aloreburn
13-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Lose they moan

& win they moan .

Gee's a break

fatfan
13-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Can't believe this. The team played as well on Saturday as we have all season and some are still not happy. Yes McKenna was booked and could have been sent off, but the fact is he wasn't and went on to have a fine game. If he was taken off and we lost then the manager would have been hammered. Wonder if the same message would be posted if Johnston was still manager! In terms of lyle, he took a knock and was limping for 5 minutes before he was taken off and Russell had his quietest game of the season IMO and deserved to get taken off. I can't think of him taking on the full back at any point during the game. For once this season I thought the manager got everything spot on and we won a hard fixture reasonably comfortably, with alloa having at most, three good chances during the 90 minutes, and bain probably being there mom, so why can't we just enjoy the moment without criticism.

jimbigqos
13-01-2014, 09:22 PM
Russell did take on the back, - Took the ball to the by-line and crossed for Lyle to score the third goal !! Very similar Thompsons goal against us in the cup tie with St Mirren

fatfan
13-01-2014, 09:30 PM
But surely as a wide man he should have been taking him on at every opportunity and that didn't happen on Saturday, therefore the manager changed it. Credit where it's due, he manager got it right on all counts on Saturday and the result and performance proved that. For the first time in weeks I have no complaints.

Auld_Chippy
13-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Re: McKenna's Discilpline. The style of his play means that McKenna will always be courting with picking up bookings, but every team needs that type of player to hassle opponents and win the ball in midfield. Try and take that out of his game and you might as well not play him. To be honest I'm not sure why he was booked early on as I can't remember him making a bad tackle at that time. I would hope that the Referee realised he had been too hasty in booking him and gave him a bit of leeway with later tackles. As for the notion that he should have been substituted in case he did get another caution, is the Manager supposed to substitute every player who is booked just as a precaution? You could end up using all your subs to replace them and not have any left in case of injuries. Sometimes you have to take a chance and hope that the player can keep his discipline in check. As for the bookings in the match, apart from McGuffie's, which was well deserved, I thought the Referee was a bit

deek5trans
13-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Think it was the fact we had both central midfielders who were on yellows which was cause for concern not the fact it was just McKenna.

JM would have been entirely justified pulling one of them off.

jardi
14-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Some good points as usual in these posts.

Despite what many think, it is not a criticism of McIntyre per se, just some constructive advice.

If I was manager, I wouldn't hesitate to remove McKenna or Russell on a booking as they are loose canons just waiting to explode.

If Reilly was on a booking, or wee Danny, or Burnsy, - I wouldn't worry too much.

Queens cannot risk loosing a man and potentially the points at this stage of the season, so it is tactical madness to keep someone like McKenna on the pitch if he is already booked.

Furthermore, McKenna and Russell will inevitably be sidelined due to suspension, so at 3-0 and cruising, why not try some alternatives? It's not as if McShane and the American lad are not quality players for God's sake!

palmylad
14-01-2014, 10:09 PM
YouTube highlights >>>>>> - view external link (http://youtu.be/IUT4Jx6zoPc)

jardi
15-01-2014, 09:05 AM
3 first class goals on Saturday.

Some of the papers and verbal reports suggested Lyle's 3rd goal was a tap in! Far from it, the build up was superb and Tan Man still had a lot of work to do, to control the first time volley and convert it past their keeper

Truthhurts
25-10-2018, 11:21 AM
On reading back through this thread, nothing much changes or are we so fickle here in Dumfries?

Francis_begbie_HFC
25-10-2018, 01:19 PM
On reading back through this thread, nothing much changes or are we so fickle here in Dumfries?

i agree truthhurts ,alot of the queens faithful just keep ticking over with blinkered eyes half the time ,we get to a level then stay there we never seem to strive to move up a level ,so we will keep seeing the same problems arise from year to year even with multiple change in personel at the club ,i suppose we are in the same boat as most the teams throughout scotland dictated too by budgets ,these same probs will always arise ,in whe big picture i think we aint too far away from having a good squad ,we just need to keep on a forward momentum ,replacing who we thinks worst with better gradually that should take us up ,but we are now in a senario where we have a superstar in the team this is when we need to strike while we have players like dobs and harkins ,thay wont be playing for long .

Francis_begbie_HFC
25-10-2018, 01:47 PM
diff is with the clubs that take extra steps is there fans dont settle for it and pressure there club to move on ,where as queens fans just accept it in the name of keeping the team out the red ,unless we get lucky very lucky like what livi done it would take a miricle for queens to take the next step .

ALBERTZ_11
25-10-2018, 02:25 PM
This debate looks back to the times under Harkness when Queens were happy to be playing it safe in the old Second Division.

aloreburn
25-10-2018, 07:59 PM
diff is with the clubs that take extra steps is there fans dont settle for it and pressure there club to move on ,where as queens fans just accept it in the name of keeping the team out the red ,unless we get lucky very lucky like what livi done it would take a miricle for queens to take the next step .

You talk utter ****e Francis. Do you actually know how lucky we are to have a well established championship side and be able to attract some of the great players we’ve had over the last decade or so. You’re never happy

CptQueens
25-10-2018, 09:45 PM
There are definitely some financial restrictions for us but one of the problems is that we dont seem to have the youth coming through on a regular basis. Yes we recently had a very good period with one cohort but we need it to be consistent, especially if we aren't investing heavily in the squad.

Football is at the point where we really do need proper investment to take us to the next level and unfortunately it looks as if we have hit our ceiling. If we are going to go up we are going to have to play the long game and be patient.

Francis_begbie_HFC
25-10-2018, 09:48 PM
You talk utter ****e Francis. Do you actually know how lucky we are to have a well established championship side and be able to attract some of the great players we’ve had over the last decade or so. You’re never happy

your like a broken record aloreburn ,im pointing out that queens get to a respectable level with some good players then bang ,we dont keep it going and slowely add to the talent ,this is what happens over the years ,your the typical queens fan that settles for what we have ,thats why queens never make improvements year on year ,as long as these types of fan accept stagnation it will stay ,im no way having any dig at queens im just stating how its been for as long as iv been supporting them ,i used to get excited when we build a decent squad only to see them take a backward step instead of keeping it going ,we atm have dobs and harkins and a squad of decent level ,we need to go for it this season or next if we want to do it before dobs and harkins retire .

Francis_begbie_HFC
25-10-2018, 10:09 PM
why do you think queens dont attract the floating fans we do have a decent support in dumfries sleeping fans who just might start coming along again ,this is prob the main reason we are stuck with the hardcore faithful .

Truthhurts
26-10-2018, 07:09 AM
If we are going to go up we are going to have to play the long game and be patient.
Most people in Dumfries do actually look out for the Queens result on Saturday even though they couldn't really care if they won or lost. However there are many more out there who are disillusioned with all the mediocrity and averageness of a stagnating Championship side that hasn't had a sniff of top class football in nearly 60 years!

CptQueens
26-10-2018, 11:09 AM
What does our wage bill look like compared to other teams at the moment?

ALBERTZ_11
26-10-2018, 12:19 PM
What does our wage bill look like compared to other teams at the moment?

I would expect Queens to have one of the lowest budgets and wage bills in the Scottish Championship.

jardi
26-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Truthhurts, - I'm astonished at your quote:

"...... However there are many more out there who are disillusioned with all the mediocrity and averageness of a stagnating Championship side that hasn't had a sniff of top class football in nearly 60 years!"

That may well be 'their' view point, but it would appear that it is you who is making the statement!

Ftivano1
26-10-2018, 12:33 PM
This debate looks back to the times under Harkness when Queens were happy to be playing it safe in the old Second Division.
I think it is now 54 years since we last played in the top league although we could have been there in 1974 - 75 after finishing runners - up to Falkirk by one point only for the powers that be to bring in the Premier League to which we
were not allowed in. To be honest the last decade is probably the best period in our 99 year history with 2 League Championships and two Challenge Cup wins with two other appearances in the final, a Scottish Cup Final and a UEFA
Cup 2 - leg tie. Never say never but imo I cannot see QOS in the top league in the near future.

Francis_begbie_HFC
26-10-2018, 02:06 PM
I think it is now 54 years since we last played in the top league although we could have been there in 1974 - 75 after finishing runners - up to Falkirk by one point only for the powers that be to bring in the Premier League to which we
were not allowed in. To be honest the last decade is probably the best period in our 99 year history with 2 League Championships and two Challenge Cup wins with two other appearances in the final, a Scottish Cup Final and a UEFA
Cup 2 - leg tie. Never say never but imo I cannot see QOS in the top league in the near future.

ftivano i do think we are heading in the right direction off the field with the board generating ways to get income in through infrastructure ,negating the need for money at the turnstyles ,but we do have the fans out there its just there expectations are far greater than what the hardcore fans expect.

Spikefaethesouth
26-10-2018, 02:54 PM
ftivano i do think we are heading in the right direction off the field with the board generating ways to get income in through infrastructure ,negating the need for money at the turnstyles ,but we do have the fans out there its just there expectations are far greater than what the hardcore fans expect.

Perhaps it is just that the hardcore fans have more realistic expectations rather than the floating supporters who will only infrequently turn up on the big occasion then disappear again when the going gets tough.

Francis_begbie_HFC
26-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Perhaps it is just that the hardcore fans have more realistic expectations rather than the floating supporters who will only infrequently turn up on the big occasion then disappear again when the going gets tough.

yep your prob spot on there aswell ,these floating fans will only pay for success ,thay obviously arnt here atm as we arnt coming near what there after ,the way i see it queens have a hardcore of about the 2000 mark in dumfries if all could attend at same time ,id estimate we will have around an extra 3 to 4000 that regard themselfs as queens fans but rarely attend and the rest id say hopefuls .

Truthhurts
26-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Truthhurts, - I'm astonished at your quote:

"...... However there are many more out there who are disillusioned with all the mediocrity and averageness of a stagnating Championship side that hasn't had a sniff of top class football in nearly 60 years!"

That may well be 'their' view point, but it would appear that it is you who is making the statement!
I can remember Cowdenbeath playing at Palmerston just after they had been relegated and thinking as kid how great it was to see such a big team playing against Queens. I am afraid to even think about how many of the current lower league teams have played in the top division since we were relegated. Believe me Jardi, people in this town do want a real challenge from Queens and would return to watch games if we were more ambitious.

deek5trans
28-10-2018, 12:41 PM
The only way Queens will make the top flight is if we have a one hit wonder of a season like Livi last season.

We have to rebuild each year due to one year contracts and loan signings so it makes consistency impossible. When ever we do get a good team other clubs come in and cherry pick them.

Targeting top 4 is a realistic target and who knows from there.

Fan base is rubbish even when the times are good. Look at the Johnson promotion season when we could beat just about any team that was Infront of us. 1600 home fans tops.

Like it or not, we are at our level , the level our support and revenue give us.

Ftivano1
28-10-2018, 01:37 PM
The only way Queens will make the top flight is if we have a one hit wonder of a season like Livi last season.

We have to rebuild each year due to one year contracts and loan signings so it makes consistency impossible. When ever we do get a good team other clubs come in and cherry pick them.

Fan base is rubbish even when the times are good. Look at the Johnson promotion season when we could beat just about any team that was Infront of us. 1600 home fans tops.

Like it or not, we are at our level , the level our support and revenue give us.

Good realistic post - sad but true

Francis_begbie_HFC
28-10-2018, 03:47 PM
then you can look at when we were under davie rae ,averaging just around the 3000 plus mark ,when we were churning out the wages and signing top players ,didnt quite work out tho as no other of the directors at the time would match davies commitment to plough the cash in to get us up and it nearly went tits up ,if daavie had been doing that now with the extra cash coming in from the infrastructure ,areana and things that 3000 plus crowds would have been enough .right commitment at the wrong time .

Francis_begbie_HFC
28-10-2018, 03:59 PM
albeit since then prices have took some fans away ,that rangers fiasco ,voting in there favour a good few said thay would never come back among possibly other reasons the crowds are lower these days ,but i think davie had the right idea ,its the level thats needed to get the fans coming back ,just need the cash to fund it .

Spikefaethesouth
28-10-2018, 04:56 PM

Very true Deek as it all appears to be about financial might these days so that when we do uncover talent it is quickly snapped up from under our noses. We could however squander money on average players, bring the club to its knees only to be just bailed out by the supporters and our current BoD. It is a no win scenario unfortunately for the smaller teams unless the powers that be are prepared to increase the size of the SPL but I doubt that the owners of the bigger clubs will ever agree to this as it would dilute the TV revenue so we are back to financial clout yet again. We can always pray for a wealthy oligarch or sheik however I don't think that Queens are attractive enough for these types of dubious investors. And as for a Brookes Mileson no thank you as what he did at Gretna was clearly unsustainable from the start to even to daftest pundit and whilst it may have been a fun few years look at the ultimate consequences for them. Wake up and smell the coffee we are what we are and that is together in this for the long run.

Truthhurts
01-11-2018, 12:57 PM
If the rumours are true about the Queens Chairman selling off land again at Palmerston then we are well and truly knackered as a club. Believe it or not, East Fife were a club of equal standing and similar to us in size until they sold Bayview Park and built there new one stand stadium a decade or so back. I don't want to see us perpetually bobbing between divisions like they do nowadays. Hewitson needs to get off his high horse self ego trip and stop sucking the club dry of it's resources.

CptQueens
01-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Rumours coming from where?

I think if we are ever going to get into the top division it will always be the long game unless we happen across some financial investors. Geographically I am not sure how attractive we would be as club with perhaps postal or haulage companies being our best bet for investment.

We were for a period punching well above our weight when we were part time and we may just take a bit longer for us to get into the scottish premier league.

arrol1919
01-11-2018, 09:25 PM
If the rumours are true about the Queens Chairman selling off land again at Palmerston then we are well and truly knackered as a club. Believe it or not, East Fife were a club of equal standing and similar to us in size until they sold Bayview Park and built there new one stand stadium a decade or so back. I don't want to see us perpetually bobbing between divisions like they do nowadays. Hewitson needs to get off his high horse self ego trip and stop sucking the club dry of it's resources.

Sorry to disappoint you but these ‘rumours’ aren’t true. More complete and utter lies

Francis_begbie_HFC
04-11-2018, 08:46 PM
there wont be too much more land he could sell of anyways ,however if there was some saleable land that doesnt get used ,i wouldnt mind too much as long as queeens got a top price for it and put into upgrading the squad .

scooby_blue
05-11-2018, 05:52 PM
there wont be too much more land he could sell of anyways ,however if there was some saleable land that doesnt get used ,i wouldnt mind too much as long as queeens got a top price for it and put into upgrading the squad .

There’s no land to sell. Yet another story that’s been made up by someone who’s got it in for the Chairman.