PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

axholme_miller
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Looks like SE has made a huge mistake by letting go Tidser and Worrall before recruiting replacements in time for Saturday.

Crewe game is tricky enough but we might be naming less than the five substitutes normally announced, not for the first time either!

All that euphoria of last week, when it seems as though major recruitment was in the offing is steadily evaporating amongst the faithful perhaps?

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 05:12 PM
The club never seems to learn rule number one - keep your traps shut until the deals are done. Fans expectations are raised unnecessarily and then we feel frustrated and let down.

axholme_miller
09-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Exactly, it will also have an adverse effect on the attendance Saturday I think.

kevthemaltbymiller
09-01-2014, 05:21 PM
Looks like SE has made a huge mistake by letting go Tidser and Worrall before recruiting replacements in time for Saturday.

Crewe game is tricky enough but we might be naming less than the five substitutes normally announced, not for the first time either!

All that euphoria of last week, when it seems as though major recruitment was in the offing is steadily evaporating amongst the faithful perhaps?

I thought it was madness letting them go before securing suitable cover. By the time we secure the necessary players we may have lost our play off spot to a point were we aren't able to recoup it.

redmac
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
ive lost count of the number of times its been 2 in by Tuesday.striker and one more by thurs.fed up of evans bs.were thread bare for Saturday and its all down to the manager.

millertop
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
It's Steve Evans, surely you're not surprised ;)

Miller67
09-01-2014, 05:26 PM
Not being in touch with all the facts it's hard to comment on the whys and wherefores, but if SE has been told to reduce the wage bill before he can recruit, then he's had little choice, there's only Tidser played any part recently and so as long as him and Worral are coming back eventually then I don't have a problem.

If he fails to get replacements in time it's hardly worth fretting about, the available lads just have to get on with it.

NeztheMiller
09-01-2014, 05:28 PM
His bulls**t is wearing a bit thin now, a bit like our squad really! :/

gramiller1959
you will all look 2hats if two signings are announced at 5pm today XD

deano is anyone having a medical ? :P

niamh999
Think this time we've gone too far milsom or Connor plus Brinkley or Bradley on the bench plus shearer hope we don't get any injuries in training before Saturday or the dreaded illness strikes

one_a_day
09-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Collin
Tavernier
Arnason
Addison
Skarz
Agard
Frecklington
O'Connor
Pringle
Revell
Vukic

Subs
Shearer
Bradley
Brindley
Milsom
Rowe
Rose

Don't see what the problem is. If a defender or midfielder gets injured then Bradley or Milsom can come on. If a striker gets injured, Agard goes up front and Milsom comes on.

niamh999
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Rose is injured for the season and Rowe hasn't played a game in this division understand what he's trying to do but to leave yourself that short is a bit strange

twinnyjoe
09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Rose is out for the season he's find his cruciate. So we will have 5 subs

myowzer
09-01-2014, 05:54 PM
This is a happy thread.

Yikes, I think some people hear what they want to hear.

None of the interviews I heard/ read said there would definitely be players in. It is always cautiously put, such as "hoping to have" or "confident there will be"

This is the problem with the internet, it gives too many people chance to think they know what's happening behind the scenes.

I don't think the way deals are done has changed, I think it's just we didn't know about them till it happened before.

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 05:57 PM
"Confident there will be" is being cautious?

Galant
09-01-2014, 06:01 PM
The club have learnt - nice and quiet - got players out to create wage space - ready to pounce on targets - but its competitive - all the hype and raising of expectations is generated by muppets on this board - leave them to it - enjoy the football!!!!!!

myowzer
09-01-2014, 06:02 PM
[quote="Deepmidwinter" is being cautious?[/quote]

Yes, cautious as in, not a definite yes there will be a player in by 3.16pm on Thursday.

If someone says to me I'm confident he'll pull through the operation I would say they are being cautious in case he doesn't

leedsmiller
09-01-2014, 06:22 PM
When I first started watching the Millers way back when we had eleven players and that was it, no substitutes. If someone got badly injured we played with ten. Now we're worried because we might only have fif**** quality players available for Saturday. What's the problem? We can only have eleven on the field at any one time and we've adequate cover for all positions, all eventualities. If it takes another week to bring in two or three additional quality players so what? We're going to be stronger once all deals are completed than we were in December and better able to make a push in the second half of the season and that's all that matters.

redhouse
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
When I first started watching the Millers way back when we had eleven players and that was it, no substitutes. If someone got badly injured we played with ten. Now we're worried because we might only have fif**** quality players available for Saturday. What's the problem? We can only have eleven on the field at any one time and we've adequate cover for all positions, all eventualities. If it takes another week to bring in two or three additional quality players so what? We're going to be stronger once all deals are completed than we were in December and better able to make a push in the second half of the season and that's all that matters.

Too right plus you can only use three subs anyway

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 06:45 PM

Too right plus you can only use three subs anyway[/quote]

All very true. But back in the good old bad old days every club was in the same boat. Today, any team going into a game with an under-strength bench is at a serious disadvantage

pip_y
09-01-2014, 06:51 PM

All very true. But back in the good old bad old days every club was in the same boat. Today, any team going into a game with an under-str

leedsmiller
09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
We don't have an under strength bench we may be two short numerically but we'll have better quality than Crewe that's for sure.

vespabri
10-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Tell you what IS starting to get on my nerves, when SE says he"s a Miller!
NO YOUR"E NOT STEVE.
Your employed by Tony Stewart to be the manager of Rotherham United, at the moment your doing a cracking job and we thank you for that, but please don"t isult our inteligence by trying to make out you are a Millers fan.
So when eventually you get another job at another club(which you will) will you still be a Miller??
Didn"t think so.
We are Millers from birth(more or less) to death...you are not!!

millavanilla
10-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Not being in touch with all the facts it's hard to comment on the whys and wherefores, but if SE has been told to reduce the wage bill before he can recruit, then he's had little choice, there's only Tidser played any part recently and so as long as him and Worral are coming back eventually then I don't have a problem.

If he fails to get replacements in time it's hardly worth fretting about, the available lads just have to get on with it

No slanging match mate but it is worth fretting about, i see your point about him maybe being told to free wages up but whoevers made the decision could have made a mistake..and crewe are never easy...

millavanilla
10-01-2014, 08:09 AM

All very true. But back in the good old bad old days every club was in the same boat. Today, a

myowzer
10-01-2014, 09:12 AM
[quote="vespabri"s a Miller!
NO YOUR"E NOT STEVE.
Your employed by Tony Stewart to be the manager of Rotherham United, at the moment your doing a cracking job and we thank you for that, but please don"t isult our inteligence by trying to make out you are a Millers fan.
So when eventually you get another job at another club(which you will) will you still be a Miller??
Didn"t think so.
We are Millers from birth(more or less) to death...you are not!![/quote]

Wow, Please don't take this as me having a go but I really don't see the issue.

If my wife having never been to a game claimed to be a miller because she once actually listened to my comments after a match then fine but he is the gaffer.

I think it's great that he shows that sort of affiliation with the club, even if is only to show solidarity.

Lets not forget it's not exactly been your average 2 years at the club, roller-coaster as he s

AlfieThaFat
10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
[quote="myowzer"s a Miller!
NO YOUR"E NOT STEVE.
Didn"t think so.
We are Millers from birth(more or less) to death...you are not!![/quote]

Wow, Please don't take this as me having a go but I really don't see the issue.

If my wife having never been to a game claimed to be a miller because she once actually listened to my comments after a match then fine but he is the gaffer.

I think it's great that he shows that sort of affiliation with the club, even if is only to show solidarity.

Lets not forget it's not exactly been your averag

millermanic
10-01-2014, 09:23 AM

The problem is we don't have one decent striker available on Saturday, I'd go as far as to say we don't actually have a striker available for Saturday, period.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
10-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Don't see the point of worrying until there's something to worry about, wait and see is my advice. That's all I'm saying (for a change)

I have a good feeling about today. :D :D

UTM!