PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Madden

muzzymiller
09-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Well a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist about us "losing out" to Scunny for Paddy Madden.
Personally I wasn't aware we had bid for him,
wasn't aware we were interested in him
and to be honest hadn't heard his before until this week.
A?300k is the alleged fee, if we have not landed him, then it's because our club deemed him not worth the money.
People getting negative without knowing what is to come. Hopefully our has been linked as a smokescreen to a bigger and better signing.
UTM

hodgey
09-01-2014, 06:25 PM
[quote="muzzymiller" to Scunny for Paddy Madden.
A?300k is the alleged fee, if we have not landed him, then it's because our club deemed him not worth the money.
People getting negative without knowing what is to come. Hopefully our has been linked as a smokescreen to a bigger and better signing.
UTM[/quote]

Touche!

muzzymiller
09-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Something else worth remembering...Lyle Taylor!

wrinkly
09-01-2014, 06:48 PM
UTM

So what?
Under messageboard rules none of the above
should stop you posting:

1 We are signing him tomorrow - fact
2 He could do a job for us

Smarten up Muzzy and get with the programme.

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Touche!

Touchy

Wonder_goal
09-01-2014, 06:56 PM
By the way my Rotherham friends, the fee isnt 300k, the fee is much lower, think in the region of 200k, which i think for a player of his calibre is not bad business.

Winnall and Madden upfront ?

muzzymiller
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
UTM

So what?
Under messageboard rules none of the above
should stop you posting:

1 We are signing him tomorrow - fact
2 He could do a job for us

Smarten up Muzzy and get with the programme.[/quote]

Just fed up of negativity and moaning without ANY basis to it from miserable f@cks.
We're all Millers aren't we.
Get with the programme!

millermanic
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Not in the slightest bothered about this non signing..

However I'm fairly gobsmacked that Scunny are reportedly paying ?300,000 for a player!

If the fee is accurate then Wonder-goal must have a point re Winnall. How could we possibly lure him away with our standard ?200,000 offer when Scunny are paying out bigger bucks for a lesser player.

Wonder_goal
09-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Not in the slightest bothered about this non signing..

However I'm fairly gobsmacked that Scunny are reportedly paying ?300,000 for a player!

If the fee is accurate then Wonder-goal must have a point re Winnall. How could we possibly lure him away with our standard ?200,000 offer when Scunny are paying out bigger bucks for a lesser player.

Well out it this way on the wireless it stated the fee was nowhere near 300k, so if it was half that i wouldn't be surprised.

Also, Winnall cannot be seen as more complete player than Madden when he finished top goalscorer in the league above. Anyway, i'm just happy we have snagged him !

Zilzal
09-01-2014, 07:11 PM
My prediction is that Madden will prove to be a flash in a very small pan.

ExeterMiller
09-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Do we not need to make an investment in someone who can cut it in the Championship, Madden is either not good enough for even Yeovil or something has gone seriously sour over there

Wonder_goal
09-01-2014, 07:55 PM
Do we not need to make an investment in someone who can cut it in the Championship, Madden is either not good enough for even Yeovil or something has gone seriously sour over there

The information coming out of Yeovil is that despite being injured for a large part of the season, he had a big bust up with Johnson, his gaffa, god knows what's gone off !

deMiller
09-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Maddens suppose to be hard work, has a bad attitude. He also clearly cant cut it in the championship so im not fussed that we havnt signed him, hes just a quick fix.
Winnall not fussed about either, done okay in League 2 but we arnt in League 2 and are only looking up.

LiAmOfRuFc
09-01-2014, 10:34 PM
By the way my Rotherham friends, the fee isnt 300k, the fee is much lower, think in the region of 200k, which i think for a player of his calibre is not bad business.

a player of his calibre? he's not that good!

anyway, you still here? ;)

Wonder_goal
10-01-2014, 12:20 AM

anyway, you still here? ;)[/quote]

This is my second favourite site in the world, you are my favourite rotherham united fan, is it any surprise i'm still here?

On Madden, all i remember is him ripping league one to shreads and getting Yeovil promoted, doubt he's become a bad player in just half a season.

I am pleased anyway, good strike force !. Who have you got playing for you lot these days upfront anyway ?

LiAmOfRuFc
10-01-2014, 12:58 AM

anyway, you still here? ;)[/quote]

This is my second favourite site in the world, you are my favourite rotherham united fan, is it any surprise i'm still here?

On Madden, all i remember is him ripping league one to shreads and getting Yeovil promoted, doubt he's become a bad player in just half a season.

I am pleased anyway, good strike force !. Who have you got playing for you lot these days upfront anyway ?[/quote]

wouldn't let me like that post but cheers ;)

We've got messi-esque legend Alex Revell! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!

millermanic
10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
One things for sure, as it stands, S****horpe have a far better strike force then us...:blue:

gazisamiller
10-01-2014, 08:49 AM
One things for sure, as it stands, S****horpe have a far better strike force then us...:blue:

Means F all really, same as the fact Man United have a better strikeforce than us. Neither are in our division, neither will play against us and neither will have an effect on a game in our division.

Until S****horpe come up or we go down, I wouldn't worry about it.

deano_83
10-01-2014, 09:20 AM
As I said yesterday, he's a half season wonder.

We've a really good chance of signing Dicko anyway, keep your fingers crossed peeps. Between us and Bristol City I reckon.