PDA

View Full Version : Howard Webb

millertop
09-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Best Referee in the world :) scooped the award from the International Federation of football history and statistics .

Well done Mr Webb

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Top man

NeztheMiller
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Brilliant, well done him! B)

Derbymiller
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
excellent well done, did Moyes vote lol

block5upper
09-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Said hello to him this afternoon in shell garage in brinsworth

sota
09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Congrats to Howard Webb, best ref from Rotherham since Keysie :-)

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Said hello to him this afternoon in shell garage in brinsworth

Who was running the line?

Zilzal
09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Howard is probably a very nice man. But a top referee? Televisual evidence repeatedly shows that this is not the case.

I applaud him for being from Rotherham. But I'm afraid that's as far as my admiration goes.

pip_y
09-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Was it Mr S Ohhh and Mr B Pea

gramiller1959
09-01-2014, 07:41 PM
well done that man :)

deMiller
09-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Howard is probably a very nice man. But a top referee? Televisual evidence repeatedly shows that this is not the case.

I applaud him for being from Rotherham. But I'm afraid that's as far as my admiration goes.

Guessing you could do better then?

Deepmidwinter
09-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Can't see why anyone should be applauded for coming from Rotherham or anywhere else. That's just an accident of birth. However, everyone who knows anything at all about football accepts that Webb is the best around by far. All of them are obviously out of step

mygiddypant
09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Howard WEBB is the World’s Best Referee 2013

Selected editorial offices and experts from 70 countries and from all the football continents took part in the 2013 annual election for the World’s Best Referee, the 27 th time it has been carried out by the IFFHS. The Top 10 come from 9 different countries, only Italy is represented by two referees.

After winning in 2010, his second place in 2011 and his third places in 2009 and 2012, the Englishman Howard Webb is for the second time in his career the World’s Best Referee of the Year 2013. Howard Webb, 42 years old, has been an international referee since 2005 and is one of the youngest referees to begin in the English Premier League. At 27 years, he began as assistant referee and since 2003, he officiates as full referee in the Premier League. He is highly respected in the World of football for his clear-sightedness and for his bright authority. He is incontestably the N1 referee in the world and has been for the last 5 years.

Congrat

millyTHEmiller
09-01-2014, 09:31 PM
top referee,he has dropped some boo boos of late but dont they all. i thought the eto 'tackle' on suarez was a definate pen,suarez wasnt going to get the ball but eto just cannot do that. webb was lookin straight at it as well.

anyway...if you ever get chance to go to a evening with him as guest speaker do it, hes absolutely brilliant. i went to an awards night a few months back at ny stadium and him and his dad(who used to be a ref) were guest speakers. very very interesting.some of the tactics he uses when reffin are very clever. he told us that he knew he was coming to the end of his time because he can only just complete the required fitness test.

OregonMiller
10-01-2014, 03:14 AM
What about best ever?

Colina? Clive 'the book' Thomas, Kettle?

Brin
10-01-2014, 08:58 PM

Sota - Keysie what a character this bloke was on the pitch and off it...

Went to an evening with Keysie many moons ago and one story went as follows...

He was officiating a game at Old Trafford just after Bryan Robson had been banned for drink driving...as the game progressed Keysie said he gave a free kick against Man Utd and the crowd was in uproar over it as they felt it was theirs...Keysie said he saw Robson running at him like a train from a full 25 yards..so fast he thought he wouldn't stop and pile through him...as he got within 3 yards Keysie held his arm out and took his hankie from his pocket ( which he often carried and proceeded to blow his nose) when he'd finished Robson stood in front of him screaming like a banshee..Keysie stopped him dead by saying to Robson..
'Sell us your jag Bri"...Keysie said he just stood there with his gob wide open and then Keysi

swintondude
11-01-2014, 10:58 AM
What about Brian Elwell from the Mex & Dist. Top ref

crashbang
11-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Well done Howard Webb

CrackersATM
11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Well deserved award for Howard and with dozens of cameras and reply's at every big game anybody in a studio or front room can try to sound clever. Howard Webb gets out the arm chair every weekend walks the line. Also very proud to have Howard as a Miller and one of us.

UTM!

Deepmidwinter
11-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Well deserved award for Howard and with dozens of cameras and reply's at every big game anybody in a studio or front room can try to sound clever. Howard Webb gets out the arm chair every weekend walks the line. Also very proud to have Howard as a Miller and one of us.

UTM!

Does he still walk the line as well? - top man

ashbynick
11-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Is there a prize for the worst?. I heard a story yesterday about a referee who answered his mobile phone during a game and ran around for a couple of minutes with it stuck against his ear. We are only talking Sunday League here but still...

Deepmidwinter
11-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Is there a prize for the worst?. I heard a story yesterday about a referee who answered his mobile phone during a game and ran around for a couple of minutes with it stuck against his ear. We are only talking Sunday League here but still...

That's right, it was his wife telling him his dinner was ready

ihatedusty
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Congratulations Howard Webb, finally a referee who has had his eyes tested. LOL

millerlite
11-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Sota - Keysie what a character this bloke was on the pitch and off it...

Went to an evening with Keysie many moons ago and one story went as follows...

He was officiating a game at Old Trafford just after Bryan Robson had been banned for drink driving...as the game progressed Keysie said he gave a free kick against Man Utd and the crowd was in uproar over it as they felt it was theirs...Keysie said he saw Robson running at him like a train from a full 25 yards..so fast he thought he wouldn't stop and pile through him...as he got within 3 yards Keysie held his arm out and took his hankie from his pocket ( which he often carried and proceeded to blow his nose) when he'd finished Robson stood in front of him screaming like a banshee..Keysie stopped him dead by saying to Robson..
'Sell us your jag Bri"...Keysie said he just stood t

Deepmidwinter
12-01-2014, 05:08 PM
He's good to his missis too