PDA

View Full Version : private landlord evict housing benefit tenants in kent

durhamblue
09-01-2014, 07:44 PM
absolute disgrace-fat get doesn;t give a nick.evicting people on benefits whether in arrears or not.majority of hb tenants since 2010 are in work.these people cannot win.

the sooner we start building council houses the better and undermine these rip off landlords.

Need to regulate the market+control these landlords getting rich off the taxpayer.

successive govts did nowt.housing policy has been a mess for 40 years-now we have this mess. - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/government-cuts-landlord-fergus-wilson-2992372)

Burqanhair
09-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Not sure I follow the logic of this Durham.

The landlord only appears to have given people notice to leave their particular property. That's normal in any rental agreement I've signed.

Both sides have to give a particular period of notice when vacation is required. You just move somewhere else. That's no big deal.

The landlord appears to want foreigners in his properties who will pay the mutually agreed rents rather than taxpayer subsidised people who apear not to pay the mutually agreed rent. To me that suggests he wants to "get rich" without taxpayer involvement

durhamblue
11-01-2014, 07:31 AM
He has made his money on teh back of teh tax payer.Builds a property portfolio-then turns his back on tenants whether they are in arrears or not.

Whether they are in work or not.

Because of the state of the economy and the cost of living crisis 300 tenants in work make claims for Housing benefit every day.

This bloated toad just walks away and turns out tenants.

We need decent council/low cost rented tenancies with security for tenants.

Beef_Sister
11-01-2014, 01:54 PM
As a landlord who owns a few properties I fully understand his decision and would have done the same.

I don't take housing benefit tenants in my houses as I am worried about the calibre of people that would be living in my property, I let a management company run them as I am not based on mainland Britian.

Unfortunately programmes on TV like benefits street, skint havent done the image of people on benefits any help at all either.

armo
11-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Not sure it's so much the landlord that should be blamed but this bloody government.

If housing benefit claimaints are not able to keep up on their rent then is that their fault or that of the government who have cut their housing benefit?

mwtk1
11-01-2014, 11:38 PM
its there fault!

if there benefits have been cut its because they're claiming for everything instead of getting off there areses and working like the rest of us, even with the cut there should still be enough pay the rent, they need to cut back on things like cigarettes, alcohol, designer clothing, sky tv and holidays!

why should people in work be worse off than these dossers?

but as for the original post its a disgrace that people not in arrears are being given there notice

durhamblue
12-01-2014, 09:05 AM
you clearly do not understand-people in work are having to claim housing benefit because renst are so high esp in the private sector-so 300 tenants per day are in work.

thats not too difficult to understand?they are evicting people in work.

Burqanhair
12-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I am struggling to follow your logic Durham. Your first post referred to a landlord giving notice to tenants to vacate properties if they were in receipt of housing benefit. That would be his prerogative and the tenancy agreements would cover this situation.

You now seem to have changed your argument to attack private landlords who seek to evict tenants in receipt of housing benefit who are in arrears on their mutually agreed market rent.

Your solution appears to be

(1) to ban private landlords from evicting anyone with rent arrears who is in receipt of housing benefit

(2) to have a public housing building programme with lower than market rents but presumably with the same right for tenants not to pay this new lower rent and not be evicted.

I am unsure whether this would work Durham. Why don't you trial your idea by buying a couple of properties and charge a rent of say 25 quid per week to suitable candidates. You can report back how you get on.

gamy_knee
12-01-2014, 09:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npY_rMrHR6k