PDA

View Full Version : Worrying read.

NauticalNightmare
09-01-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't know what to do about Sam. (Sullivan).
https://www.westhamtillidie.com

castiron
09-01-2014, 10:59 PM
It's their fault for giving him the contract.

Whiskyman
09-01-2014, 11:28 PM
It would only be worrying to people who swallowed the spin (as I admit I did) when Pinky & Perky took over.

I could never stand the pair of bacon dodgers when they ran Brum but I thought, at least, they would run us in a more businesslike manner than we'd become used to.

But I was wrong. And that article doesn't worry, or surprise, me now because my belief in their supposed business acumen died some time ago.

bonzosbest74
10-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Well it worries me, that's by far the most concerning quote I've heard from the chairman. I could understand him keeping the manager if he thought Sam was the best man for the job but Sullivan sounded like he wanted him out too.

West Ham World: David, doesna??t that result prove to you that the time has come to sack Sam?

David Sullivan: I really dona??t know the answer. Ita??s A?4million to sack him now, nothing if we get relegated. No compensation at all if we go down.

WHW: This isna??t about money any more. We need some stability.

DS: It is because we havena??t got it. We just havena??t got it. We need our centre-halves back and then I think wea??ll be ok.

WHW: But this is looking like Avram Grant all over again. If we lose on Saturday then surely youa??ll realise he has to go?

DS: [holds hands up] I really, really dona??t know. Who would you have as the manager then?

WHW: Ia??d get Malkay [Mackay] in straight away.

DS: But Cardiff have only got three points more than us an

rednekst
10-01-2014, 11:00 AM
It's not exactly English is it?

Had difficulty understanding the 'phenetics'.

claretribbon
10-01-2014, 02:35 PM
The most important thing is

WHAT THE **** IS SULLIVAN DOING TALKING TO AN INDEPENDENT WEBSITE ABOUT SUCH THINGS ESPECIALLY IN THE PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES?

It beggars belief!!

newmarket
10-01-2014, 02:43 PM
If he did . I dont believe a bit of it even sullivan is not that stupid surely ?

Mackay ? Do me a favour ...

claretribbon
10-01-2014, 04:26 PM
Well here's the link.

Either Sullivan is absolutely mad at such loose talk or the website will be sued for libel.

However, they leave no doubt as to exactly what he said. - view external link (http://westhamworld.co.uk/exclusive-sullivan-refuses-to-admit-sacking-allardyce-is-the-answer/)

Whiskyman
10-01-2014, 04:26 PM
If he did . I dont believe a bit of it even sullivan is not that stupid surely ?

Mackay ? Do me a favour ...

Agreed that the interview looks a tad "iffy" --- and that's being kind.

And that cringeworthy bit at the end about "massively respecting " him. FFS

But you don't think Sullivan would be that stupid? Remember this is the "captain of industry" who allows his 12 year old to broadcast what "daddy is doing" on his twitter account.

So we might like to think it isn't true, but I wouldn't bet on it my old china.

NauticalNightmare
10-01-2014, 05:13 PM
It would only be worrying to people who swallowed the spin (as I admit I did) when Pinky & Perky took over.

I could never stand the pair of bacon dodgers when they ran Brum but I thought, at least, they would run us in a more businesslike manner than we'd become used to.

But I was wrong. And that article doesn't worry, or surprise, me now because my belief in their supposed business acumen died some time ago. No spin ever swallowed here. I find it scary that this midget with a big gob is at the helm of our club.
Like we have'nt got enough to put up with, with a clueless manager and half the Bolton old guard making up our team.
It's bad enough Sullivan can't wait to tell anyone that will listen about our dealings and targets. Now he's basically saying "I don't know what to do".
It's like a pilot making an announcement to his passengers "does anyone know how to land this thing".
I've never liked Allardyce but a big part of the p

trev2006
10-01-2014, 05:35 PM
At the end of the day Sam is staying.It would cost millions to sack him and replace him with somebody else with money we have not got.We can blame the manager but you only have to look at all the freebies we have in our squad.Most of our squad has been put together on the cheap and thats down to the owners.Im not sticking up for sam because his football is utter s..t.But who ever our manager was they would still have the same problem.Instead of investing in quality at the start of the season we kept most of our championship squad yes it may have worked last season but it was aways going to come back and bite us.