PDA

View Full Version : Aiden McGeady Set To Join Everton In The Summer?

alan_stubbs
10-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Martinez: McGeady deal is close.

Roberto Martinez has confirmed that Everton are close to agreeing a pre-contract deal with Aiden McGeady, with the winger set to join the Blues in the summer.

There had been speculation that the 27 year-old might join during the current transfer window but the manager doubts that a deal can be struck with Spartak Moscow to bring him in this month.

“We are very close to a deal with Aiden for the summer, that is true," the Spaniard is quoted in The Mirror.

You know I like him as a player, but as things stand now I don't think we will be able to do anything for January because there are too many difficulties. Many things can happen in the window, but right now it would be difficult.”

McGeady is out of contract in the summer and can leave Spartak on a free transfer.

BigAlBall12
10-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Only ever seen this lad on youtube vids.Seems to like taking a man on and whipping in crosses/assists.
Good squad player for a freebie.

notnever
10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
[p]
Free is good...

Didn't want us anywhere near him with the previous prices being quoted.

[p]

alan_stubbs
10-01-2014, 10:11 PM
[color=navy]

Not seen anything of him to be honest; and from what I've been told by others, the lads nothing special. But Moysie wanted him, and now Martinez has gone for him, so he must have something he can bring to the table B)

alan_stubbs
12-01-2014, 08:57 AM
[color=navy]

I don't know if looks are anything to go by, but my first thoughts, when I saw him doing his Goodison introduction, was how out of shape he looked :/

notnever
12-01-2014, 10:32 AM
[color=navy]

I don't know if looks are anything to go by, but my first thoughts, when I saw him doing his Goodison introduction, was how out of shape he looked :/

[p]
They eat well in Russia

[p]

BigAlBall12
12-01-2014, 12:03 PM
XD

McGeady hasn't played since mid November,he does look like a good old fashioned alehouse player ;D