PDA

View Full Version : To sack or not to sack. That is the question

palerider
10-01-2014, 07:46 AM
Contrary to a few opinions, wanting to be relegated is not part of the Chuckle Brothers' plans. It just wouldn't make any sesnse even though it would save them paying Allardyce compensation.

They hate being wrong though, one of the things that's stopping them acting right now. Many supporters urged them to take a different path after Sam had done what it said on the tin but their obstinate attitude in sticking with 'tried and trusted' won the day. And letting the manager handle everything while they could concentrate all their efforts on the OS was the preferred choice.

But now it's gone t1ts-up. And they've got no idea what to do. It's not about the compensation as they are, although not in the same league as Abramovich, very rich, and will make a tidy sum when they eventually sell up.

And it also boils down to the fact that although knowing how to run a business they don't know how to run a football club. They bought Birmingham for a pound. And made a healthy profit, but for their

dagenhamJohn
12-01-2014, 07:48 AM
so it would seem..

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has once again reiterated his support for manager Sam Allardyce following the club's much-needed victory against Cardiff City on Saturday.

Allardyce has been heavily scrutinised recently after a run of results which had seen West Ham win just once in their last seven Premier League matches before the victory at the Cardiff City Stadium.

But Gold said the 59-year-old's position had never been under threat as far as the board were concerned, insisting Allardyce should not be blamed for factors beyond his control such as the injuries to a number of key players.

"People talk about the dreaded vote of confidence but what we say is what we mean," Gold told Sky Sports News. "Sam has done everything we've asked of him.

"Our view is that Sam was doing nothing wrong other than that he had an injury list which was pretty devastating but you can't blame him for that."

David Gold and David Sullivan gave their backing to manager Sam Allardyce

palerider
12-01-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm delighted we won yesterday don't get me wrong. But it appears that even if we'd have lost 4-0 it wouldn't have changed a thing.

And to be fair he hasn't lost the dressing room as feared. The sight of Nolan and Joe Cole hugging on the bench after Noble's goal proved that. But once again a possession percentage of 33 (36 before the sending off) proved that a Sam team if they score sets out to stifle.

I'm not intending to be churlish by saying we were lucky, but we were. The ball bouncing down on the line, the McCartney penalty and numerous shots straight down Adrian's throat.

We could easily have been well beaten on another day. It changes nothing and the Newcastle game is another watershed. We've not won back to back games in the PL under Sam and I wouldn't get carried away yet. Remember the false dawn at WHL ?

I still think he should go, but now, especially after the result, it won't happen unfortunately.

WHU
12-01-2014, 08:19 AM
ditto that P

Whiskyman
12-01-2014, 09:14 AM
I'd still be uneasy if the trigger was pulled now. I'm not saying SA is the quality manager he thinks he is but I worry about who'd come next. Wrong reason I know but it still worries me.

That said I was one of many after the City game who thought he'd lost the dressing room simply because I couldn't see any fight or passion. Let's be honest we probably expected to be outclassed up there, City have mullered better teams than us this season, but it was the lack of apparent fight that stuck in the throat.

I'm just gratefull for the 3 points which gives us a fighting chance. And let's not forget the other reasons for optimism for staying up----the rest of the rubbish in the bottom half. Another 22 points should do it.
;D

rednekst
12-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Just remember "one swallow doesn't make a gobble (sorry meant summer)!;D

He still hasn't convinced me that he should stay, but I feel a lot happier this morning.

Norfolkammer
12-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately we're lumbered with this dinosaur for another 2 seasons but I wonder whether the relief will be long lived with Newcastle and Chelsea on the horizon.

bonzosbest74
12-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I think he would have been sacked if we lost yesterday and to Newcastle but it won't happen now and certainly not whilst we are out of the bottom three.

As said the squad look united, it was brilliant to see Carroll back and I'm looking forward to our next game for the first time in ages.

I can't stand Allardye, I think he's an unlikeable average manager who is far too happy to concede possession and territory. The best we can hope is that we stay in the prem for the remainder of his contract and the board aren't silly enough to give him a new one.

hammerwell06
12-01-2014, 11:46 AM
I think he would have been sacked if we lost yesterday and to Newcastle but it won't happen now and certainly not whilst we are out of the bottom three.

As said the squad look united, it was brilliant to see Carroll back and I'm looking forward to our next game for the first time in ages.

I can't stand Allardye, I think he's an unlikeable average manager who is far too happy to concede possession and territory. The best we can hope is that we stay in the prem for the remainder of his contract and the board aren't silly enough to give him a new one.

Agreed with you there Bonzo.

I'm not a great lover of BFS either , I've said all along he will probably just keep us up by the skin of our teeth , but we won't have any future with him in charge.

It was good to see AC make his long awaited return with a few others coming in & returning , hopefully we should start picking up a few more results.

If we were to stay up I do howe

mikeveep
12-01-2014, 01:11 PM
.Yesterdays win proved very little.

The teams at the bottom are evenly matched and the points are won and lost on very fine margins.

I think we haven't been getting our share of the luck and it's nice to see it evening itself out a bit.

I am glad the "Look at the head's dropping. They don't give a f.uck" brigade have been quietened.

It's the worse thing you can hear about a team you support.

dagenhamJohn
12-01-2014, 01:14 PM
.Yesterdays win proved very little.

The teams at the bottom are evenly matched and the points are won and lost on very fine margins.

I think we haven't been getting our share of the luck and it's nice to see it evening itself out a bit.

I am glad the "Look at the head's dropping. They don't give a f.uck" brigade have been quietened.

It's the worse thing you can hear about a team you support.indeed! very little action on the board after our win, compared to when we lose though! :)

WHU
12-01-2014, 01:32 PM
it is indeed mike but 11 goals in 3 hours has you saying that

as it happened, everyones puchbag taylor was a big reason for yesterdays win

funny old game

hammerwell06
12-01-2014, 01:41 PM
indeed! very little action on the board after our win, compared to when we lose though! :)[/quote]

That's because everyone was too busy getting p! $$ed & celebrating getting out of the bottom 3.

It will be back to normal next week.;D

dagenhamJohn
12-01-2014, 01:45 PM
indeed! very little action on the board after our win, compared to when we lose though! :)[/quote]

That's because everyone was too busy getting p! $$ed & celebrating getting out of the bottom 3.

It will be back to normal next week.;D[/quote]hopefully not!

mikeveep
12-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Not at all! By all means criticise the manager for prioritising the League game and setting up both teams to be embarrassed in the Cup.

But to discredit the mis-matched players on the pitch with all these cliches of "no fight" "not interested" shows a complete lack of comprehension.

Passtheball
12-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Great win, but let's face it about 30% possession again and although we scored a quality goal the game hinged on a great save and a few decisions which have gone against us in previous matches. Cardiff players are championship standard hence it was a fairly even game am still worried when face better quality teams like Newcastle next week, but there are enough points to be gained from poor teams down there with us to keep us up and was surprised by the good team spirit and commitment shown from the players. Same spirit Saturday and we might get something from the game.

Come on you Irons

WHU
12-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Not at all! By all means criticise the manager for prioritising the League game and setting up both teams to be embarrassed in the Cup.

But to discredit the mis-matched players on the pitch with all these cliches of "no fight" "not interested" shows a complete lack of comprehension.[/quote]

but most would agree there was very little fight v city

we can debate whether that is player or manager fault all day but when i got to work (and there are quite a few hammers) their biggest problem v city was the lack of fight/how easily we got rolled over/it could have been ten but for the keeper etc.

avit
13-01-2014, 05:39 PM
once again a possession percentage of 33 (36 before the sending off) proved that a Sam team if they score sets out to stifle.

I'm not intending to be churlish by saying we were lucky, but we were. The ball bouncing down on the line, the McCartney penalty and numerous shots straight down Adrian's throat.

We could easily have been well beaten on another day. It changes nothing and the Newcastle game is another watershed. We've not won back to back games in the PL under Sam and I wouldn't get carried away yet. Remember the false dawn at WHL ?

I still think he should go, but now, especially after the result, it won't happen unfortunately.That’s a little bit of a glass half empty viewpoint. We weren’t lucky to get a win. We scored more goals than Cardiff. The ball bounced on the line, just think, another couple of inches it would have smacked the top of the bar and gone over. Stats are for c.unts and trainspotters ;)

Possession st

dagenhamJohn
13-01-2014, 05:42 PM
once again a possession percentage of 33 (36 before the sending off) proved that a Sam team if they score sets out to stifle.

I still think he should go, but now, especially after the result, it won't happen unfortunately.Stats are for c.unts and trainspotters ;)

[/quote]and stargazers :)