PDA

View Full Version : Miller to Bolton...

MillerforScotland
10-01-2014, 07:48 AM
...So the new board reports!!
I bloody well hope not, because without some serious ambition being demonstrated in getting in a suitable replacement, we will go down.
I honestly feel a fit and motivated Miller is the difference between relegation and staying in league one!!

griff
10-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Having reported that we're currently spending 71% of turnover on the side I can see why freeing up a large wage and making some money would appeal to the board. Don't rule it out.

MillerforScotland
10-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Yes and I can also see how relegation would appeal to our esteemed BoD.
After all that would be one step closer to being "a nice little non league club" wouldn't it?

dancingbear
10-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Can't see why they would want him on current form. I'd be happy to let him go if Kav thinks he can get someone a bit more interested in.

Flatcap
10-01-2014, 12:48 PM
The sooner we get rid of Miller the better. When he first came he was excellent but he has been crap ever since his injury.

Only one league goal, two sendings off and time on the injured list means he has been a liability this season.

I wonder if Kav has started dropping him from the starting eleven so that he does not trigger the 12 month extension to his contract.

I just don't understand where people are coming from when they say he is our best player.

FellowTraveler
10-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Miller has been lackluster at best this year.

He has become a heart breaker and a part time player for too many reasons

thedogzbolloxx
10-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Great News if true, he's becoming an embarrassment with his continuous falling over, and lazy attitude and brings absolutely nothing to the team!

MillerforScotland
10-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Hmmm.
Should we maybe hang fire and see who or what any potential replacement for Miller consists of?
I remain unconvinced we would get anybody who would improve the situation and we certainly have no one on the books at present who "can do a job for us"

orfc
10-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Haha, MillerForScotland, your username will be broken, your username will be broken :D

And it's that kind of childish-calling that has driven hordes from this site, I hope you're happy >:(

MillerforScotland
10-01-2014, 04:46 PM
You, meanwhile, haven't appeared in the slightest bit childish with your post above, eh orfc?? ;D
But who knows, if you keep trying, you MIGHT achieve those kind of standards.
Driven hordes away from tis board.
Best laugh this year so far.XD XD XD

Pounewatchys_Gloves
10-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Miller was a top player when he first came to us,the mere idea of him going to another club used to worry me!I point out the words 'was' and 'used to'...he's gone stale for me,we need to freshen it up and I honestly think we could do a hell of a lot better for the wage he's taking.No disrespect to lee,he's done well at times but I wouldn't lose any sleep if Bolton or any other team took him off our hands

bluemune
11-01-2014, 01:58 AM
On current form he can barely justify a place on the bench let alone a starting position. He hasn't added anything to the side in my opinion and has really only been living off his since he joined us.

Not sure if this rumour is true or not, but I can definitely see the logic behind it. Fail to see what attracts Bolton to him - so maybe that shows how little I know about football and talent-spotting

durhamblue
11-01-2014, 07:26 AM
when is buster madine getting sprung?

DaltonBlue
11-01-2014, 10:24 AM
July would be 9 months into his sentence so I would think that would be about when he gets out.

MillerforScotland
11-01-2014, 01:58 PM
God, can folk seriously be suggesting Madine as a potential replacement for Miller?
Even given his below par performances this season, surely L.M. is a better, more reliable bet than the "washing machine"?
* Careful what you wish for, I would say*

Makfox
11-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Miller's performances this season are a direct result of the negative tactic's employed.

He's quality, I sincerely hope he doesn't go but if he does good luck to him.

MillerforScotland
11-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Good call Makfox.
Some on here wont realise how lucky we are to have the big fella till the ya boo brigade drive him away.
Then, sure as guns, he'll be a revelation for whoever he moves to.

sandpit
11-01-2014, 06:49 PM
No wonder the guy falls over,probably thinks it is the best chance of scoring from a free kick,thats how bad the strike force are.

He must also get fed up if he wins a headed flick there will be no runners from the static midfield and must think whats the point of winning a header in the first place.Is it any wonder he looks fed up,and he knows it has been gan on for yonks and nothing done about it.

durhamblue
11-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Don't think he'd be better but he would be cheaper which i think would be a prime consideration for the club.

buster buster...

tonight there is gonna be a jail break...

ca2blue
11-01-2014, 09:07 PM
He has done well for us in the past but has been poor this season, he would probably admit that himself. He is obviously not the worst player in the team but as captain and a senior player he has let the team down on a number of occasions this year both with his discipline and his attitude when the chips are down.
I can understand in a way why people defend him because it's a bit soulless wheeling and dealing with loan players but it's stretching it a bit now.

MouldyGenitalia
13-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Get shot. Save some cash. Get a new striker - possibly one that's half decent. Brick back Preece.

BOBATON
13-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Miller is harshly judged by Carlisle fans these days mainly because he was so exceptionally good in his 1st season.
When he made his return after his injury at Stevenage he did seem to have lost a lot of his combative style and still has only shown that in flashes.
But the truth is he is still a good target man if only we had someone to link up with him down the centre and that is why you often hear opposing fans talking about him as a good player.
He did go through a phase where he was looking for free kicks too much and that seems to have put his up in lights for the refs to let everything go when centre backs play against him. I would say very few in any strikers in league 1 get as little protection although for a change on Saturday the ref awarded 2 or 3 fouls to us in quick succession as Cuthbert was at last given a few problems having walked around with Guy is his back pocket before the sub was made.
I would like to see him stay and our tactics modified to make the most of h

sum_baynton
13-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Reasons to get rid ASAP:

Dives
Cheats
Awful disciplinary record
Awful injury record
Huge drain on wage bill
Terrible attitude
Slower than Derek Holmes dragging on anvil through treacle
1 league goal in 9 months

melbourneblues
13-01-2014, 09:03 PM
No offence Trevor but when you have to watch his antics every other week it starts to get on your tits, I know you see a few games yourself.

BOBATON
14-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Bucko - he was making too much of the contact but from what I have seen in the last couple of months he's largely stopped that - maybe he tries it on more at home expecting the fans to put a bit of pressure on the ref to award the free kicks possibly.
But on many occasions he gets blatantly fouled and yet too often the ref ignores it and I think its the reputation he built up.
So I say again - the fans should get behind him and when he gets battered from behind by some villain of a centre back shout at the ref to point it out because from what I have seen even the away fans don't back him much and we get a rough deal from the officials.

dancingbear
14-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I remember a few weeks after we signed him I was talking about him on Scotland mad. The Aberdeen fans liked him mainly but the Dundee United fans didn't have a good word to say about him.

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 12:12 PM
And your point is caller?
All that proves is the "horses for courses" theory.
Players always have some fans that appreciate them and others that don't.
Remember David Currie for example?

Flatcap
14-01-2014, 04:03 PM
How come most people think that Miller is fouled more than the rest of the team put together?
Is it because he always has his back to goal?

dancingbear
14-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Could be he put a bit more effort in when he played for Aberdeen. Maybe he's putting the same effort in now as he did for Dundee United.

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Or maybe he was expected to play the same thankless role at Tannadice as he is at Brunton Park??
Scrapping for sh@t delivery from co~forwards/ midfielders who don't/won't support him can't be much2 fun, especially when he's cast as scapegoat, into the bargain!!

melbourneblues
14-01-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm sick of giving him the benefit of doubt Trev, regardless of what job he's given to do the least you can expect is a bit of hard graft.

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Our last truly creative player was Zoko.
When did Miller have his most successful period at the club?
Solve the riddle and there lies the answer.
The money wasted on Edwards should have been made available to keep Zoko. Then we could have really seen something special with him and Miller.

dancingbear
14-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes I definately agree with that.

melbourneblues
14-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I also agree, although his sendings off and general attitude are not becoming of a club captain.

MillerforScotland
14-01-2014, 10:07 PM
His sending off against Orient at home was generally viewed as "harsh"in the extreme.
I may be wrong, but didnt the Orient lot say as much?