PDA

View Full Version : McClaren MOTM award

Bloomeram
10-01-2014, 09:13 AM
McClaren wins manager of the month - view external link (www.derbycounty-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/mcclaren_motm_award_821040/index.shtml)

ramspride
10-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Who's going to present it Rattea? ;D ;-D ;D ;-D

swaledale
10-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Almost guaranteed to have a slump in Feb then!!

Rattea
10-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Following the one we are currently having?

Bear DCFC
10-01-2014, 12:00 PM

To be fair to Rattea, he does have a point. I don't think the Rams have played particularly well since Blackpool and that was a weakened team who were way out of form.

Fixtures have fallen favourably for us, we've played teams at the right time and we've had to grind out some results. I don't think we've played our lovely brand of flowing football for 90 minutes since Sheffield Wednesday.

January will be a big month.

Sma11ytheRam
10-01-2014, 12:03 PM
The award panel want their heads looking at! Yes we won six and drew one, but nobody else played the same teams LFL that Derby did. Just don't get how they've made that decision?!?!?

Hey Rats?

roger_ramjet
10-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Surely the award should go to Nigel Clough as its his team?

Rattea
10-01-2014, 12:19 PM

To be fair to Rattea, he does have a point. I don't think the Rams have played particularly well since Blackpool and that was a weakened team who were way out of form.

Fixtures have fallen favourably for us, we've played teams at the right time and we've had to grind out some results. I don't think we've played our lovely brand of flowing football for 90 minutes since Sheffield Wednesday.

January will be a big month.[/quote]

McClaren ironically has been saying the same too ... makes you wonder when those that deny it are placing their opinion ... unless its just prejudice!

Have you noticved fout posts and each running their own off topic agenda ;)

Yes I agree as I've stated January will but I'm more worried about the games against the likes of Brighton as if we start losing ground on them it means a real dog fight!

Gift_of_the_Gabb
10-01-2014, 12:26 PM

There's an old cliche. You can only beat the teams you face, and we have done that why is that a problem?

Dec was a tough month with quite a few fixtures, we had some injuries and some players look tired and leggy.

Yet we kept winning. It's the sign of a good team. The likes of Manure, City and Chelsea don't stride through winter brushing teams aside and playing champagne football, despite their squad depth and quali

Bear DCFC
10-01-2014, 12:34 PM

There's an old cliche. You can only beat the teams you face, and we have done that why is that a problem?

Dec was a tough month with quite a few fixtures, we had some injuries and some players look tired and leggy.

Yet we kept winning. It's the sign of a good team. The likes of Manure, City and Chelsea don't stride through winter brushing teams aside and playing c

Bear DCFC
10-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Also, that old clichA? is a load of big sweaty donkey balls. You can beat a team in front of you well or you can beat a team in front of you not so well. The outcome being the same (3 points), but if you're the latter when a better team comes along you'll get found out.

We've been on a great run, loving every minute of it at the moment, but I can see we're not playing as well as we were when The Mac first came in, hence of my lack of surprise when we drew to Huddersfield and lost to Wigan.

And I'm not saying that Clough would be doing any better. I think it was the right time for a change of management.

Sma11ytheRam
10-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Well done Stevie Mac! I would like to put on record my thanks for turning my beloved Derby County around. To win six and draw one game in a whole month, and to lose only one game in the league since the start of November is some feat.

The Christmas period must have been very demanding for the team. You maintained a core starting XI and the philosophy you adopted was Not to change a Winning Team. This I also support. On reflection though this ultimately fatigued the players and that showed against a dirty cheating team on New Years Day.

I am not expecting any kind or result tonight as we are away against the run away leaders of the league. We have also only had five days rest after a great effort against the Europa League Champions.

I will be in my seat for the Brighton game and will then start to consider the form of the team. We will then have had seven days rest and time to reflect on the fantastic effort you have all put in.

Again thank you. COME ON YOUR RAMS!

Gift_of_the_Gabb
10-01-2014, 01:33 PM

Yet we kept winning. It's the sign of a good team. The likes of Manure, City and Chelsea don't stride th

Bear DCFC
10-01-2014, 01:43 PM
The quality of play has diminished a bit but barring Wigan we have not lost. In the past we would have slipped up in several games we won.

I agree, barring the purple patch we had with Nigel in December. I hope it wasn't just a purple patch this time too. We'll have to see.

If were winning when not playing well then that is very promising to me. Yes we need to up our game. But when was the last time you could look at a Derby side and feel confident about them coming away with a win or at least a draw in games against tough opposition.

I've felt a lot more confident of late. However I wasn't confident for the Huddersfield or Wigan game, so that was the last time I wasn't confident about coming away with a win or at least a draw against tough opposition.

[quote="Gift_of_the_Gabb"]
There is one thing I really like about Mac. Th