PDA

View Full Version : Tyias Browning

fozzy66
10-01-2014, 09:31 AM
On loan right back from everton, What do we Know ?? - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/)

MagicMan1878
10-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Everton fan here!O:)

Browning is class, you've got yourselves a great young lad there. He's the next big thing off our Academy production line. I think its a combination of the Martinez/Wigan link, and also Uwe Rossler being your gaffer now, as when he was at Brentford he took 3 separate EFC Academy boys either on loan or signed permanently, so there's a lot of trust between all parties.

Browning is being sent to you for experience, to get him ready for the Prem. Alan Stubbs said the other day that Browning was the best one-on-one defender at Everton 'bar none - including all the senior pros', and that he'd be very disappointed if Browning never played for the 1st team. The feeling at Everton is that if he does well, he'll be in the 1st team picture next season. Martinez himself said the only thing Browning lacks is experience. I suppose in the same way we're helping Lukaku, you can help us with Browning. And your end of the deal is that you've got yourselves a top young defender fo

Gaz_latic
11-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Probably one of the most impressive dA?buts I've seen from a ****ager at Wigan that. Very capable defender and lightning quick too!

Steve182
11-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Agree great debut
Very strong and quick
Wonder what odds on a bet that he will be an England international within next 3 years

Need another 4 quick promising young lads bringing into squad to speed up play

Spikeym
11-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I appreciate it was only 45 mins but You have to say the young man has class oozing out of him, fitted straight in to the back line, we are lucky to have him lets hope is longer than a month. Uvee must be very pleased for him. Yep agree the young man is a one for Englands future

Wigan_
13-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Why one month ? The transfer window will be closed when he leaves.

Wigan_
13-01-2014, 01:27 PM
No permanent signings - the budget is "spent" - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11682/9114273?)

WhoRYa
13-01-2014, 01:55 PM
It is only "spent" in terms of the squad being at its maximum in terms of numbers not as in no money being available.
Whilst part of me would love to see Rosler come in & make a few big signings, he is also absolutely right in terms of now not being the right time for for him to go out offering long term contracts.
If he signs players now they will be players good enough for challenging to get out of this level (at the right end). However, latcis still have as good a chance as anyone of gettign out of the division so you could offer someone (like Maynard) a 3 yr deal to join knowing full well that if Latics striker lucky & go up through the play offs, he isn't the type of player you need & you wind up with someone eating up your transfer budget whilst not contributing much.
The fact that Latics are still in contention depsite the garbage served up under Coyle shows that the current squad is only a tweak or two away from being a top side in this division. Some good quality loan signings

Wigan_
13-01-2014, 02:36 PM
We need a striker at least. I did believe we had a strong squad and with the right coaching we should have been top two all season.
Yes he is quoted as saying "spent" in terms of player numbers, But players go out in the transfer window don't they ? This is the ONLY opportunity to sign players long term. Short termsrs are okay to cover for injuries.

We should make the play offs , we might win the play offs. But after a wasted half season, I thought a lot more attack minded transfer window activity was essential.

Saving a transfer budget 'til next season because there are no targets in mind is honest but may not be effective to get us promoted.

And if we are in the Premier League next season, the transfer budget should be a lot more anyway. And players can be sold - if they are wise signings they increase in value not decrease.

WhoRYa
13-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Players will be going out, like ****o has done & like no doubt Fyvie will (at least on loan)and possibly Kiernan & Nicholls or Pollitt too.

What he's saying is that these going (some permanently but most on loan) will free up places in the squad that he thinks it's best to utilise with loan players before he can take stock this summer & really plan for the long term

i would much rather have that than what Solksjaer seems to have done at Cardiff by bringing in 3 players on permanent deals before he can have had any time to see whether players in those positions were what the squad needed or indeed whetehr those players brought in are in fact better than what he already has.

Rosler has done wonders to rebuild a squad morale which I'm led to believe was on the floor during the later stages of Coyle's reign. They're defending better, the midfield is playing with more intensity & cohesion & we're attacking with more threat (its still not ideal but theyre scoring 1.6 goals per game as opp

Captain_Methven
13-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Is Maloney due back anytime soon? Talk was a 3 month time frame and that must be close to being up now, few weeks to get fit and shouldn't he be ready about March?