PDA

View Full Version : Parking offence fines ..

lovedeanblue
10-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Could be reduced so lowering some councils income who use them as a "cash cow," Imposing a 5 minute grace period, which is another suggestion being talked about, for those who remain in the bays too long. Surely that isn't too much to ask is it ?

betalucky
10-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Giving a 5-minute grace period is meaningless.

OK, so your pay and display ticket used to say (for example) 12.00 noon, then at 12.01 you got a fine. Now the ticket will be made, for the same price, to say 11.55, then at 12 noon you finish your 5 minutes grace period and at 12.01 you get a fine. Whoopy doo.

midhurstblue
10-01-2014, 02:20 PM
The only thing for certain is that the people who need to park for a while as usual get shytted on from a great height.

pfclassof61
10-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Giving a 5-minute grace period is meaningless.

Do you consider a 3/4 mph grace speed over the limit meaningless, also?

Many's the time I've been grateful for this as I have been just over the limit.

fullback
10-01-2014, 06:28 PM
All these charges are slanted to rip us off ,eg all day fee for the Tricorn open space is A?6.10p why 10p over answer is if you have seven quid in coins you will put them in and thus overpay by 90p,also the operators know that on pay and display most people will err on the safe side and pay for more than they need

Scoular1
10-01-2014, 06:38 PM
But if you know it is £6.10,then bring £6.10 or pay by Card.
My beef is with pay on foot car parks where for example 1 hour is £1.20 1 hour and 1 second is £2.40.I believe in Spain it is worked out per minute.
Regarding parking fines...I think these are totally out of order...if you pay for 1 hour and you stay 2 hours then you should just pay the extra,not an outlandish £60

Southerndown
10-01-2014, 07:24 PM
What p!sses me off about parking meters is when they don't give change. If it's £2.40 for two hours and you stick £3 in then it should add on the extra 60p worth of parking time, it would be a very easy thing to program.

bluekriss66
13-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I agree SD...

betalucky
14-01-2014, 04:00 PM
What p!sses me off about parking meters is when they don't give change. If it's A?2.40 for two hours and you stick A?3 in then it should add on the extra 60p worth of parking time, it would be a very easy thing to program.

I can report that in much of Europe, that's exactly how they work. Holland, Belgium, France, Andorra and Spain. There is no excuse for not doing one or the other (giving change, or giving extra time for the money), it's pure rip-off.

I can also tell you that it is impossible for a "foreigner" like me to ever get used to carrying enough change to pay for all the expensive coin-operated parking, and not all car parks and parking meters accept cards or notes. It's very anti-social for visitors.

Many car parks in Europe give between 15 and 60 minutes of free parking before they begin to charge, and in France and Spain many are free for an hour or two at lunchtime.

All those things are easy to program, and ten

BileysThere
14-01-2014, 04:17 PM
What p!sses me off about parking meters is when they don't give change. If it's A?2.40 for two hours and you stick A?3 in then it should add on the extra 60p worth of parking time, it would be a very easy thing to program.

I can report that in much of Europe, that's exactly how they work. Holland, Belgium, France, Andorra and Spain. There is no excuse for not doing one or the other (giving change, or giving extra time for the money), it's pure rip-off.

I can also tell you that it is impossible for a "foreigner" like me to ever get used to carrying enough change to pay for all the expensive coin-operated parking, and not all car parks and parking meters accept cards or notes. It's very anti-social for visitors.

Many car parks in Europe give between 15 and 60 minutes of free parking before they begin to charge, and in France and Spain many are free for an hour or two at lunchtime.

Mangosmate
15-01-2014, 06:55 PM
I've had the unfortunate experience of visiting QA hospital every day this week. not knowing how long the missus will be i have been continually topping up to cover my parking fees. These start at 1.70 for the first hour, 2.80 for 2, 4.10 for 3 and so on. I have to say thus far it has cost me over 30 quid since sunday.

I personally dont mind paying my way in life,but i feel at a NHS hospital it should be 1 pound a day athe most for as long as you want. I think the amount the portsmouth nhs trust charge is an absolute disgrace.obviously i have no choice but to pay and if i dont i'd almost certainly get a 60 quid ticket fine.i have seen at least 8 issued this week alone already. Hospitals charging like this is sadly the way this country has gone,"if we can rob you, we will" cnts!

lovedeanblue
17-01-2014, 03:47 PM
I've had the unfortunate experience of visiting QA hospital every day this week. not knowing how long the missus will be i have been continually topping up to cover my parking fees. These start at 1.70 for the first hour, 2.80 for 2, 4.10 for 3 and so on. I have to say thus far it has cost me over 30 quid since sunday.

I personally dont mind paying my way in life,but i feel at a NHS hospital it should be 1 pound a day athe most for as long as you want. I think the amount the portsmouth nhs trust charge is an absolute disgrace.obviously i have no choice but to pay and if i dont i'd almost certainly get a 60 quid ticket fine.i have seen at least 8 issued this week alone already. Hospitals charging like this is sadly the way this country has gone,"if we can rob you, we will" cnts! Along with Hove sea front area, English Hospital car parks are the biggest rip offs in our country. You have my sympathy Mango and hope all is better n