PDA

View Full Version : Tom Hitchcock set to join

robsmillers
10-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Us on Loan. How was he for you ?

dave2008
10-01-2014, 11:52 AM
We are hearing that QPR striker Tom Hitchcock is set to join Rotherham United. Hitchcock has recently been on loan at Rotherham's League One rivals Crewe, where he scored three goals in six games sky sports.

all
10-01-2014, 12:57 PM
According to BBC Sport Website he has signed for Rotherham today. Perhaps that is why he went back to QPR before his loan deal was up.

fatfakir
10-01-2014, 01:11 PM
He went back because we had no game between the Carlisle match and the end of his loan period, thanks to MK's continuing involvement in the FA Cup. He then travelled with QPR to Everton but was not selected for the matchday squad.

Fair play to the Millers - they've obviously outgunned us on the deal. Just hope he neither scores nor celebrates tomorrow.

dave2008
10-01-2014, 01:12 PM
Back to Square 1 now ffs i would of gone for paddy madden but hes gone S****horpe.

ChalkDust
10-01-2014, 01:15 PM
From what I'm hearing QPR are the ones that ordered he went to Rotherham, feel for the player no fault of his own.

dave2008
10-01-2014, 01:19 PM
probs paying more of his wages

somersetcrewe
10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
From what I'm hearing QPR are the ones that ordered he went to Rotherham, feel for the player no fault of his own.

Listening to his interview, when asked why Rotherham and not back to Crewe, he said because Rotherham were "the bigger picture".
Read into that what you will, either he fancied a promotion push or Harry wanted to see how he fares at a "bigger" club before offering him a new deal - or he just didn't know how to answer the question so came out with any old flannel!!

I hope we mark him at corners ...?!!! :s

Crewe313
10-01-2014, 03:53 PM
I think it is irrelevant now pondering over why he has not resigned. As Crewe fans all we can say is thanks for those 3 goals as he did what none of our other strikers could do and put the ball in the back of the net.

The more important question is who do we get in to replace him. None of our other strikers seem up to it and so it is ***** we bring someone else in.

I do realise pogs is back soonish but he is a very different forward to what Tom is and not sure how the aneke and pogs partnership will work out.

We need another whippet striker who can feed off aneke. Unfortunately at this moment I have no realistic suggestions? Anyone think of any?

somersetcrewe
10-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I think it is irrelevant now pondering over why he has not resigned.

Oh! I agree - but he was asked the direct question, one I assume we all wanted to ask, especially as he said he enjoyed his time here - I just reported his answer!

Anyway, why should we worry about him? He wasn't even our top scorer!!! ;D

somersetcrewe
13-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Listening to his interview ... ...

In that interview, when asked about QPR, he admitted he has "learned a lot from AJ, Bobby (Zamora), Charlie (Austin) & Shaun (Wright-Phillips)"
He wasn't kidding!!!