PDA

View Full Version : Out Bid For Madden

Wonder_goal
10-01-2014, 10:49 AM
By the way these rumours wasn't started by 16yr old spotty kids dreaming things up, that came from the Yeovil end, when they first broke that we were in for Madden.

You and Preston were both outbid for him, if what they are saying is correct.

I thought you lot had quite a bid of money !

Why is your gaffa making statements virtually saying the market he's in is the loan one?

robsmillers
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Haha We will only pay what the player is worth. Maybe you have over paid for a player who has not played that much this season so a big gamble for you IMO.

Believe me if it was a bidding war believe me you would not win.

stevemiller
10-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Outbid may simply mean you valued him higher than we did. Time will tell wether you made the right move or not.
He had a good half season and employs his own baggage handler.

Wonder_goal
10-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Good job Laws wasn't still here with his track record, he would have duffed him up !

Is Madden a lunatic or something ?

robsmillers
10-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Im just waiting on the big signing so a few may crawl back under their rock. ;D

caf84
10-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Fair play to Scunny. Could be seen as a gamble at this time, however, if he proves a success and his goals get them promoted, the gamble will have more than paid off.
They have a new ambitious Chairman who is willing to put his money where his mouth is. It's not so long ago we were in the same position.

millertop
10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Clubs went in with same price, told to higher the bid but we wasn't stupid enough to pay over the odds for him. Simple really.

Wonder_goal
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Off now folks, hope you get the player you're after, big dic ko, aslong as it isn't winnall " wink, wink "

millermanic
10-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Im just waiting on the big signing so a few may crawl back under their rock. ;D

You'll be waiting a long time, SE has proven time and time again that he's all talk when it comes to "smashing our record transfer fee"

PokerMillersSwinton
10-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Where are you in league 1 again Wonder ? Oh wait still in the basement. You will always be a small club,Smaller than Grimsby and there conference . You got Madden we probably valued him 150/200k no more ,why bid when he's not done it in the championship. Evans has quoted many times we won't pay over the odds. So run along and go **** over Maddens picture.

millertop
10-01-2014, 11:16 AM
[quote="Wonder_goal"[/quote]

Can I just say good luck in the 2nd half of the season, not as easy as you seem to think getting out of league 2. Very close table