PDA

View Full Version : Warning:- ** THIS COULD BE CRAP, BUT...**

RawmarshMiller
10-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Just spoken to a client in Bolton who reckons to be "connected" in the football world. Word on the street is that Wigan are trying to tie a deal up for Maynard on loan from Cardiff and will sell Dicko once a deal has been done for Maynard.

Allegedly, a deal is agreed with us...

This could be nonsense, however, he also tipped me to us signing 2 players from Bury last March (Skarz and Worrall). Fair dues, he has also fed me some that haven't happened too...

deano_83
10-01-2014, 11:43 AM
We had a bid accepted for Dicko yesterday. Brizzle City also in for him though so we're scrapping it out.

The Maynard link was in the Daily Mail too yesterday morning so maybe some truth in that.

Gainsbro_Miller
10-01-2014, 11:49 AM
I thought Bristol had just signed another forward, someone form Peterborough...Tyrone Barnett???

That's why the Ryan Taylor rumours started, as he has been pushed down the pecking order???

Have they still got "JET" aswell...he's a world beater one day then absolute garbage on another.

RawmarshMiller
10-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Ryan Taylor joined Portsmouth on a free

twinnyjoe
10-01-2014, 12:01 PM
Bristol City have signed Barnett they also have baldock and jet. Would dicko play well in week out there? Not so sure he would here though fingers crossed

RawmarshMiller
10-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Time for Paul Douglas to earn his money then. Surely he should be able to persuade Dicko to come to us?

deano_83
10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Interesting read about Bristol here, still prepared to chase decent transfer targets too.. - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25681289)

mattyrufc
10-01-2014, 12:47 PM
We had a bid accepted for Dicko yesterday. Brizzle City also in for him though so we're scrapping it out.

The Maynard link was in the Daily Mail too yesterday morning so maybe some truth in that. Does this mean it is down to Dicko now then Deano between us and Bristol City? If so could this be imminent?!

deano_83
10-01-2014, 12:51 PM

The Maynard link was in the Daily Mail too yesterday morning so maybe some truth in that. Does this mean it is down to Dicko now then Deano between us and Bristol City? If so could this be imminent?![/quote]

Player, agent and wages pal as far as I'm aware. No idea on a timescale.

mattyrufc
10-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Got to be good news! Cheers matey

1960smiller
10-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Let's be honest with ourselves,Bristol City big club ok having a rough time just now but still a lot bigger club than us.

BradfordFozzie
10-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Time for Paul Douglas to earn his money then. Surely he should be able to persuade Dicko to come to us?

When all's said and done, It's down to money. I thinks it's quite clear where he wants to go but a footballers career is short and certainly in the lower leagues, you need to earn as much as you can when you can.

I wouldn't knock the lad if he went elsewhere for more money...just not Bradford!

leedsmiller
10-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Don't see Bristol City being 'a lot bigger club', admittedly Bristol has a much larger catchment area than Rotherham but they've never been a major force in football terms. What's important is the relative current positions of both clubs. Add to that Dicko's experience here and I'd say we were favourites - provided that the all-important financial figures stack up.

deano_83
10-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Apparently a third bid received now, this could turn into a right bidding war so we need to stick to our guns.

Could be Bradford with the Wells money from Huddersfield perhaps.

Will probably drag on to next week now.

C_Millers
10-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Let's be honest with ourselves,Bristol City big club ok having a rough time just now but still a lot bigger club than us.

Big club maybe, doesn't mean jack sh!t when you are second bottom in league one though does it.

piddimiller
10-01-2014, 03:34 PM
if he has sense he will come back here where he was so appreciated. would love us to pee on bradfords stone !

Brin
10-01-2014, 03:40 PM
End result...money talks...how deep are the Chairman's pockets?

piddimiller
10-01-2014, 03:41 PM
deeper than mine even if stewarts got a hole in it