PDA

View Full Version : O T The back for.

abbobrom
10-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Several of you have expressed concern about my back over recent weeks.

I went for a scan last Thursday 2nd Jan having suffered since November 15th. The results today showed that I have a severe prolapsed disk so some physio is being arranged to try and prevent surgery.

The plus points are that with a stick I can get about the house a bit and I have been out and driven some short distances. The minus point is that I am on so many pain killers that I feel very tired and keep falling asleep. Hence the short driving distances.

I don't seem to have missed much in terms of excitement at the Molineux but am looking forward to getting back to watch some games and meeting up at the Brick for a natter.

This forum has been a godsend over the last two months.

greystone16
10-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Hope you do get back soon ,have missed your comments after the matches,mind you you have blown your top after some of the mistakes we have made which have cost us dear.

Evewolf65
10-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Several of you have expressed concern about my back over recent weeks.

I went for a scan last Thursday 2nd Jan having suffered since November 15th. The results today showed that I have a severe prolapsed disk so some physio is being arranged to try and prevent surgery.

The plus points are that with a stick I can get about the house a bit and I have been out and driven some short distances. The minus point is that I am on so many pain killers that I feel very tired and keep falling asleep. Hence the short driving distances.

I don't seem to have missed much in terms of excitement at the Molineux but am looking forward to getting back to watch some games and meeting up at the Brick for a natter.

This forum has been a godsend over the last two months.

Hope the Physio does the trick Mate and you can get back fully mobile without the aid of the Painkillers, but as Grey says they'd probably be a bonus watching The Wolves at the M

WOODLANDSWOLF
10-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I hope it works out for you mate, I know what a absolute barsteward back problems can be. Back in the eighties I popped a disc out on the job [at work I mean!], the problem was I was in China and had to go to a local hospital for treatment. A never to be forgotten experience.

wolves71
10-01-2014, 04:22 PM
All the best Abbo, enjoy reading your posts and write ups on Wolves. I hope all works out for you.

Robus
10-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Let's hope the physical therapy does the trick for you mate. But if not, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to get the surgery if the option were promising. Of all the aches and pains I've experienced including broken bones, the only one that was truly incapacitating was lower back pain. Hard to understand for those who haven't experienced it--yet.

Woody, I had a similar experience in Dakar of all places. Remember laying on my back in a hotel room thinking: There is simply no way that I can get out of this bed, down those stairs to the street, and into a taxi. I might as well have been on the moon. I had my meals brought up to me and there I lay for a week.

Evewolf65
10-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Let's hope the physical therapy does the trick for you mate. But if not, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to get the surgery if the option were promising. Of all the aches and pains I've experienced including broken bones, the only one that was truly incapacitating was lower back pain. Hard to understand for those who haven't experienced it--yet.

Woody, I had a similar experience in Dakar of all places. Remember laying on my back in a hotel room thinking: There is simply no way that I can get out of this bed, down those stairs to the street, and into a taxi. I might as well have been on the moon. I had my meals brought up to me and there I lay for a week.

Taking part in the Paris-Dakar Rally never caused the problem did it Mate! ;) B)

WOODLANDSWOLF
10-01-2014, 06:56 PM
Robus, I spent a day on a hotel ward in Beijing. It was an open ward with about forty beds in it, cramped and basic but clean. Come visiting time about 200 people poured in, when they saw me they completely ignored the people they had come to see and jammed around my bed to get a glimpse of the "Dabizi" [big nose], the smaller children were held above their parents heads so they could see better!

Eventually most, but not all, drifted away after complaints from their relatives that they were getting no attention. When visiting time had finished and the staff forced them out they left behind huge piles of Nutshells and Orange peel.

Anyway, when the doctor eventually got to me he told me to curl up in the fetal position on the bed, he told me he was going to run his fingers down my spine and I was to tell him when it hurt. He got about three quarters the way down, I said "ouch" and he immediately hit me in the back with a kind of Karate chop. Pop, that was it cured. Back to work the ne

TundraWolf
10-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery, Abbo!!:heart:

My herniated disc almost two years ago required physio followed by surgery, then an eight week recovery period. I am not supposed to lift more than 30 lbs at a time, for the rest of my life...but I do! We males are a stubborn/dumb lot!;D

abbobrom
14-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Eve as you say it has given me time to follow the horses. I try and look for value and like betting E.W . I have had that many good priced runners that have finished fourth, when looking home and hosed, that I am thinking of changing my to Moses.

Thanks for the good wishes from everyone.