PDA

View Full Version : Derby Kit colour.

FindernRam
10-01-2014, 02:37 PM
This is a bit off the wall but watching the Rams, and a lot of TV games, it seems to me that teams playing in light coloured shirts and socks appear to concede more simple fouls. Shirt tugs, ankle taps etc. This is because it is easier for the ref to see.
Derby in bright white are very obvious.

I also noticed that Chelsea players were quite hard to spot when moving into space purely because of the darker blue kit (well maybe they were a bit good as well!).

I cant find any stats to back this up but I wonder if anyone else has a view.

Maybe we should go for black sleeves? ;D ;-D

Rapid
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
we'll need ella for a good debate on this one. I very much doubt it has an effect but it's an interesting point.

Gaspode
10-01-2014, 03:33 PM
Man Utd changed their grey away kit at half time when Fergie claimed that they couldn't see each other because the shirts were blending into the crowd - but it may just have been because they were losing and he wanted an excuse...

FindernRam
10-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Perhaps I mixed 2 issues in one post. I remember the Fergie rant very well but I think it was because he was losing. Good teams play knowing where their team mates will be making the runs and often make a pass without really looking. It looks stupid when it goes wrong but works most times. A bright shirt is clear to the opposition as well so it is harder to drift unnoticed to a good position.

My initial point was giving away fouls in the 50/50 tussles in and around the box where shirt grabbing is the norm these days, but a white arm is easier to spot than a darker one.

Look for it in a few games and see if you agree. I'll do some counting tonight and during some TV games and let you know the results.

dcfcdavecov
10-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Is that why we win more away in the maroon kit?

Such a shame i can't wear the shorts.

triz
10-01-2014, 07:37 PM
interesting point. I wonder if thats why Leeds got such a bad reputation

OldRamsFan
10-01-2014, 07:42 PM
No,they really were that dirty!!!!!