PDA

View Full Version : American Football

abbobrom
10-01-2014, 02:38 PM
I know a number of readers/followers of this board watch and have interest in the game. I am aware also that our friends from over the pond follow the sport.

Last year we in Brittain lost our top young Discus thrower to the NFL. His is Lawrence Okoye and I think he went to the Redskins.

Do any of you who follow the sport know how he is getting on? Is he at the Redskins or some other team. It would appear quite rare that a player with no previous experience can make it in the NFL as most players seem to come through the College system. Lawrence had played some Rugby union for one of the London clubs which I believe was Saracens.

He defered his place at Oxford to concentrate on The London Olympics but the lure of big money tempted him away.

WOODLANDSWOLF
10-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I know a number of readers/followers of this board watch and have interest in the game. I am aware also that our friends from over the pond follow the sport.

Last year we in Brittain lost our top young Discus thrower to the NFL. His is Lawrence Okoye and I think he went to the Redskins.

Do any of you who follow the sport know how he is getting on? Is he at the Redskins or some other team. It would appear quite rare that a player with no previous experience can make it in the NFL as most players seem to come through the College system. Lawrence had played some Rugby union for one of the London clubs which I believe was Saracens.

He defered his place at Oxford to concentrate on The London Olympics but the lure of big money tempted him away.

Apparently he did his knee in a preseason game and hes been on injured reserve [?] for the whole of the regular season. I don't follow the dumb game myself but someone here in the o

greystone16
10-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Does that mean you aren't keen Woods? ;D;-D

sweeneywolf
10-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Reckon he went to the san francisco 49ers but is crocked and still has to learn the game...so watch that space

WOODLANDSWOLF
10-01-2014, 04:45 PM
Does that mean you aren't keen Woods? ;D;-D

Choreographed wrestling for freaks mate!

Robus
10-01-2014, 04:56 PM
According to wiki he's a defensive tackle for the 49ers and out injured since the pre-season. It's interesting that an athlete with no experience in the game would step right into the NFL. Hate to say it, but those line positions take more brawn than brain. I doubt you'd ever hear of a newbie making it as a linebacker.