PDA

View Full Version : A Goalkeeping Dilema For Jackett...

wolves71
10-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Kenny Jackett is keeping his cards close to his chest regarding who will be in goal tomorrow. A question for all, should Jackett stick with Aaron McCarey or bring in Wayne Hennessey? - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/p8zkv4a)

Evewolf65
10-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Kenny Jackett is keeping his cards close to his chest regarding who will be in goal tomorrow. A question for all, should Jackett stick with Aaron McCarey or bring in Wayne Hennessey?

McCarey all day long for me stepped up to the plate when his Manager had been let down by a senior Pro! Deserves his chance. Hennesssey should sit on the bench and be used only as a last resort until we can ship him out if anybody is still interested!

wolves71
10-01-2014, 04:49 PM
As above, Aaron McCarey deserves to keep the shirt, barely put a foot wrong at Gillingham. If Hennessey is to remain at Wolves, he will have to fight for a place.

dunstablewolf
10-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Like all things Welsh. He should be sent out to graze.

dunstablewolf
10-01-2014, 04:54 PM
It is an honour to play for Wolves.

Anybody and I Mean anybody who disrespects that does not deserve to play in the team again. An apology just does not cut it with me.

Footballers not only have an honour to play for Wolves, they earn shed loads of our cash. If they throw it back in our face then they deserve all the stick they get. Henners. Do one!

Hard work total commitment and going the extra mile is the absolute none negotiable expectation of any footballer

Robus
10-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Did the transfer deal fall through for Hennessey? Anyway, McCarey deserves the start.

wolves71
10-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Did the transfer deal fall through for Hennessey? Anyway, McCarey deserves the start.

He's been linked to both Crystal Palace and West Ham, but nothing has come out that either club were actually after him. Hennessey seemed to think something was imminent when refusing to play at Gillingham last Friday night.

MichiganWolf
10-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Henners apologized and Kenny said he was vey impressed with how he trained this week. Forgive and forget for me. What he did certainly isn't as bad as say Karl Henry, who was allowed to be a cancer on and off the pitch while wearing the captains armband. McCarey proved he can do the job so it is his until he shows he can't do it IMO. But if Henners gives us the best chance to win, put him between the posts.

Dunst, you are too much of an idealist. If we only played players that bled old gold and black, we'd surely have a squad full of heart but also one full o crap on the pitch. Players are treated like mercenaries by the club so that is how they will act. And how we should treat them as fans.

dunstablewolf
10-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Henners apologized and Kenny said he was vey impressed with how he trained this week. Forgive and forget for me. What he did certainly isn't as bad as say Karl Henry, who was allowed to be a cancer on and off the pitch while wearing the captains armband. McCarey proved he can do the job so it is his until he shows he can't do it IMO. But if Henners gives us the best chance to win, put him between the posts.

Dunst, you are too much of an idealist. If we only played players that bled old gold and black, we'd surely have a squad full of heart but also one full o crap on the pitch. Players are treated like mercenaries by the club so that is how they will act. And how we should treat them as fans.

There in lies the problem with football Mich.

Without sounding like a stuck record. This is why I liked McCarthy. Players did have heart. They worked hard and played hard. We had some of the best success and football I have seen at Wo

Evewolf65
10-01-2014, 07:24 PM

Many Decades of support over generations has made us view our clubs like this Mich and that ain't gonna change any time soon, What Wayne did last Friday is no better or worse than what Karl Henry has done but they have impacted on us T

essexwolf
10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
McCarey all day long, I don't even see it as a dilema.. He done nothing wrong at Gillingham,actually played very well , what sort of impression would it give to him and the other youngsters at the club if he is dropped.

theplater
10-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Hennessey, it's a no brainer. This is an important game against a team in form who have only lost once away this season. They have a brute of a striker in Davies and imo we need our best and most experienced players playing.

theplater
10-01-2014, 09:35 PM
[quote="MichiganWolf"
Dunst, you are too much of an idealist. [/quote]

I had to re-read 'idealist'!!

dunstablewolf
10-01-2014, 10:52 PM

Many Decades of support over generations has made us view our clubs like this Mich and that ain't gonna change any time soon, What Wayne did last Friday is no better or worse than what Kar

darren62
10-01-2014, 11:43 PM
McCarey for me because if anyone comes in for WH now he will definitely go.

PremierWolf
11-01-2014, 06:02 AM
Head says henners, heart says McCarey.:/

TundraWolf
11-01-2014, 06:36 AM
I'm with Prem on this one, my heart says McCarey, my head says, "Play the better goalie, I want to see a WIN!"

wolves71
11-01-2014, 08:44 AM
My only concern if it's Hennessey is, will he give 100%?

I rate him highly, no question of that. What happens if an opposition player is through on goal? Will Wayne have in the back of his mind "a dream move away and pull out of a 50/50 chance of winning the ball?

theplater
11-01-2014, 11:37 AM

I rate him highly, no question of that. What happens if an opposition player is through on goal? Will Wayne have in the back of his mind "a dream move away and pull out of a 50/50 chance of winning the ball?

No doubt he had his head turned and he made a huge error in not wanting to play but I don't think he's the sort of player not to give 100%. In fact I think the reverse Gav, he may get some abuse if he starts but I think that mistake could inspire him to prove he's a top keeper.

If KJ picks McCarey fair enough but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of chopping and changing the team and I want to see him play his best players if they are fit.

We need results and we need them fast. This club should be walking this division and I still expect them too, anything less than automatic promotion will be a failure imo.

Oh! Also I will not be happy if I see Cassidy getting yet

greystone16
11-01-2014, 11:58 AM
McCarey has to be retained irrespective of what Hennessy did because he looked a better keeper on the day. He came out for balls,always was looking to throw the ball out rather than a big boot to their centrehalves,unfortunately our link men were asleep and Hennessy is undoubtedly off,either sold or loaned so why waste time in getting him match fit for someone else.

MichiganWolf
11-01-2014, 06:39 PM

Many Decades of support over generations has made us view our clubs like this Mich and that ain't gonna change any time soon, What Wayne did last Friday is no better or worse than what Kar

MichiganWolf
11-01-2014, 06:57 PM

Without sounding like a stuck record. This is why I liked McCarthy. Players did have heart. They worked hard and played hard. We had some

wolves71
11-01-2014, 07:31 PM

No doubt he had his head turned and he made a huge error in not wanting to play but I don't think he's the sort of player not to give 100%. In fact I think the reverse Gav, he may get some abuse if he starts but I think that mistake could inspire him to prove he's a top keeper.

If KJ picks McCarey fair enough but I'm getting a bit sick and tired of chopping and changing the team and I want to see him play his best players if they are fit.

We need results and we need them fast. This club should be walking this division and I still expect them too, anything less than automatic promotion will be a failure imo.

Oh! Also I

dunstablewolf
11-01-2014, 08:00 PM

Without sounding like a stuck record. This is why I liked McCarthy. Players did have he

MichiganWolf
11-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Without sounding like a stuck record