PDA

View Full Version : Another rules blunder

jwok
10-01-2014, 05:15 PM
It seems that the club's knowledge of the SPFL rule book is not up to scratch.

78 Subject to Regulations 81 and 86, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of temporary transfers and of those Players not more than one shall not be an Under 21 Player and (ii)shall not at any time have more than one Player Registered to it on the basis of a temporary transfer from each other Club.

The manager is frustrated that we can't loan a second player to Dundee (McHugh?)to fund the Anier deal. But the rules are clear. Does no one at the club ever browse the rules? - view external link (http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1388495541.pdf)

Handsome_Devil
10-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Quite. After the cup substitutes debacle, we really shouldn't be shouting about this one. I'm surprised the media maestro didn't brief him to keep quiet, we're beginning to look even sillier than usual!

meister1991
10-01-2014, 06:13 PM
the solution is simple - let McHugh go permanently.

Handsome_Devil
10-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Tbh I think if someone was willing to take over his contract we'd be delighted to do that.

Wellup4it
10-01-2014, 09:38 PM
I'm not surprised at all this this idiotic rule wasn't picked up. The first question is why it was ever written. The language is unintelligible and totally unnecessary. A start would be to write these rules in plain English.