PDA

View Full Version : Holt out

arjan
10-01-2014, 05:58 PM
To Celtic or Leeds.

BenandDad
11-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Don't like calling players but this guy is earning big bucks as a pro sportsman .
Can forgive Jocky Wilson /Cliff Lazerenko as it did not matter in that game but he has been found out and being honest for me go and take the mick at somebody elses club .
I can forgive anyone for being rubbish as I have been going for 30 years and have seen loads of average players but cannot remember many that have wasted themselves like you Mr Holt
I know many will stick up for him but literally the first thing Uwe did was leave him at home and mentioned him in a press conference
Application 1/10 .
Anyway rant over off to watch some classy TV in Big Brother .

Steve182
12-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Apparently on £28k a week on a 3 year deal at the age of 32
So over £4 mill in wages alone

What was Coyle thinking about ?

Think we will have big trouble loaning or selling on

guzss
12-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Apparently on ?28k a week on a 3 year deal at the age of 32
So over ?4 mill in wages alone

Not only was he an outrageously expensive addition to our wage bill
at his age, he was never going to fit into the loan central striker role that Coyle favoured due to his absolute lack of mobility. New right back looks good though...

grumpster
12-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Apparently on ?28k a week on a 3 year deal at the age of 32
So over ?4 mill in wages alone

Not only was he an outrageously expensive addition to our wage bill
at his age, he was never going to fit into the loan central striker role that Coyle favoured due to his absolute lack of mobility. New right back looks good though...[/quote]

fair do's to Coylster, he conned our Magestic Whelaness into parting with the dosh :(

WhoRYa
12-01-2014, 07:30 PM
To be fair to Coyle, I would wager that if you scrolled back on this board to when Holt signed that you will not find many (if any) people who thought it was a bad move
It's easy to be wise after the event

Cb0891
12-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Thats because we hadnt watched him on a regular basis and he came with a big reputation. I think he is a player who needs a lot of work as regards to training and fitness and coyle didnt give him that. He as always struggled with his weight and coyle not giving two hoots about conditioning was the worst thing that could happen to holt. hope he can get fit and gets another chance. Uwe could be best thing for holt.

WhoRYa
13-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Thats because we hadnt watched him on a regular basis and he came with a big reputation. I think he is a player who needs a lot of work as regards to training and fitness and coyle didnt give him that. He as always struggled with his weight and coyle not giving two hoots about conditioning was the worst thing that could happen to holt. hope he can get fit and gets another chance. Uwe could be best thing for holt.

We'd all seen enough of him & seen his goalscoring record over the last 5 or 6 years though to think that he would be a good signing.
I agree that Coyle's woeful training regime hasn't helped him but people in this thread were just criticising the signing & not the seeming fall in his fitness levels.
To be honest if Rosler is going to persist with a lone striker then I'd agree with the other poster that he will never be suitable. he is one of those old fashioned forwards who is there solely to feed on chances in the penalty

LeeKoo
13-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Our good friend Alan Nixon seems to think that donkey Holt is off to Villa !

Fingers crossed eh. Linky - view external link (http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-grant-holt-3019664)

Les_bradds_lad
13-01-2014, 10:43 PM

Fingers crossed eh. Linky

They dunt seem to impressed ont Villa boored I see you've had a little comment in there koo

LeeKoo
13-01-2014, 10:58 PM

They dunt seem to impressed ont Villa boored I see you've had a little comment in there koo[/quote]

Indeed, it would have been rude not to ;)

guzss
13-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Fingers crossed. Lambert now quoted as saying he is interested in signing Grant. Astonishing.

Gaz_latic
13-01-2014, 11:59 PM
This is just hilarious. I was thinking we might struggle to recoup 10% of his wages at a league 1 or 2 club. Never thought someone higher up the pyramid would take him off us!

arjan
14-01-2014, 06:53 AM
In fairness to Villa they've already got 3 strikers who can run. Clearly he feels they need one who can't. And he's worked with him before ... so he is absolutely sure he can''t run.

But maybe the less said on ehre the better. Lambert might get cold feet.

WhoRYa
14-01-2014, 08:48 AM
From what we've seen of him at Latics it seems astounding that a club in the top flight would have any interest in him, even if it is as a back up striker.

That said, Grant Holt was a bit of a lower division journeyman until Paul Lambert got hold of him at Norwich (albeit one with a decent enough scoring record) - so Lambert quite clearly knows how to get the best out of him, play to his strengths and uses a system of play that suits him.
His 2 manager's at Latics have either had no idea how to use him effectively (Coyle) or use a system that they are well aware doesn't suit him.

Best to cut our losses - the move hasn't worked for latics & it hasn't worked for him. Looking at it from latics perspective they get some of the transfer fee back & lose one of the high earners off the wage bill. It frees up a squad place, boosts the transfer kitty & gives Rosler more leeway in terms of the quality of replacement he can bring in (either permanently or on loan)

baggieal
14-01-2014, 08:49 PM

They dunt seem to impressed ont Villa boored I see you've had a little comment in there koo[/quote]

We are all impressed on the West Brom board that Holt has gone to Villa. He will fit in well there XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD