PDA

View Full Version : Anier signs!

jwok
10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
The club has confirmed the signing of Anier until 2016.

His loan spell was due to end next week but after much wheeling and dealing and a contribution from a couple of the directors we have our man! - view external link (http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/01/10/anier-completes-well-switch/)

Handsome_Devil
10-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Good news.

No doubt him and Ainsworth will be dreadful tomorrow!

Wellup4it
10-01-2014, 09:41 PM
A good bit of business by the club especially the Directors including Leeann Dempster. This deal would have taken a bit of finance and a lot of hard work and negotiation.

I wouldn't swap our Board of Directors for any other.

sieb1886
10-01-2014, 11:19 PM
A great show of faith by the 2 Directors involved; hats off to them !
Also keeps Anier on the hop - he won't want to be getting any 'evil eyes' for a poor performance. A double will do tomorrow son :D

seasideboy
10-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Once again our very underrated board have come to the rescue. I personally think JB's contribution to our survival has never been fully appreciated by the fan base generally and again LD and the unnamed directors have come up trumps to secure a player of potential for MFC. Thank you to all concerned...an excellent bit of (future) transfer business. Prove your worth Henry ...and our faith in you...Go man go!!!

steviex
11-01-2014, 12:37 AM
A good bit of business by the club especially the Directors including Leeann Dempster. This deal would have taken a bit of finance and a lot of hard work and negotiation.

they deserve a ton of credit for digging into their own pockets but to me this highlights the society vision of a fan ownership. Had we been fully fan owned none of these deals could have be done. Im afraid for clubs like Motherwell, with such a small fan base, to continue operating at the level we do we will always need Directors with deep pockets.

Delighted with the deal but off the park it worries me where we will eventually end up when / if fully fan owned.

steviex
11-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Once again our very underrated board have come to the rescue. I personally think JB's contribution to our survival has never been fully appreciated by the fan base generally and again LD and the unnamed directors have come up trumps to secure a player of potential for MFC. Thank you to all concerned...an excellent bit of (future) transfer business. Prove your worth Henry ...and our faith in you...Go man go!!!

I don't think 99% of our fans underrate the job / commitment they have. I think people get p1ssed off with some of their p1ss poor negative PR at times.

jwok
11-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Your point is well made but in the event that we do become fan owned there would be nothing to prevent generous supporters digging into deep pockets to assist.

In any event the considerable risks of having one owner don't arise if no one buys the club.

Handsome_Devil
11-01-2014, 10:42 AM

they deserve a ton of credit for digging into their own pockets but to me this highlights the society vision of a fan ownership. Had we been fully fan owned none of these deals could have be done. Im afraid for clubs like Motherwell, with such a small fan base, to continue operating at the level we do we will always need Directors with deep pockets.

Delighted with the deal but off the park it worries me where we will eventually end up when / if fully fan owned.[/quote]

Don't see why fans couldn't have 51 per cent and anyone else a chunk. Directors could always be approached for this type of deal.

steviex
11-01-2014, 11:28 AM

Delighted with the deal but off the park it worries me where we will eventually end up when / if fully fan owned.[/quote]

Don't see why fans couldn't have 51 per cent and anyone else a chunk. Directors could always be approached for this type of deal.[/quote]

Frank

Handsome_Devil
11-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Sure but I don't see why they'd be less interested in investing amounts which are relatively minor for football but could make a difference in a player for us in exchange for some corpie facilities, return if we finish second/reach a semi final etc than they are now.

steviex
11-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Sure but I don't see why they'd be less interested in investing amounts which are relatively minor for football but could make a difference in a player for us in exchange for some corpie facilities, return if we finish second/reach a semi final etc than they are now.

Relatively minor? ill bet you Aniers deal is costing at least £150,000 for 2.5 years. Although relatively minor, wealthy people rarely throw even that kinda money about when they don't call the shots .. thats why they are wealthy.

Handsome_Devil
11-01-2014, 12:29 PM
I doubt the directors are picking up Anier's entire wage, whatever it is...more likely we're covering the majority and they're making up just enough to keep him with us rather than sodding off to Poland or wherever.

Taking your guess, he's on 60k a year, if the club pays 40k of that, 2 directors have to contribute 20k a year between them. So 10k each, just over A£800 a month - which while well beyond the reach of your average punter is not completely insane for people who move in such circles.

In addition to the fact they're clearly doing this mainly for love of the club rather than a real investment, we could offer them a modest return should we ever win something or hit a European jackpot and quite possibly (someone who's actually in finance would need to clarify) they'd benefit from tax help from such investments.

Either way, with the obvious caveat we're both guessing from looking in from the outside, I still don't really see any reason why such deals would be significantl

wellin
11-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I would think there would be some form pay back to the directors. Something like payback if there's a transfer fee involved in the future. I would be quite sure there would be something in place, as said in a previous post people like that seldom give money away.

KMCAA
11-01-2014, 07:18 PM
well done on Anier, so how about doing the same for big hutchy, defo our most valuable asset so c!mon get him signed up!

Wellup4it
11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I doubt the directors are picking up Anier's entire wage, whatever it is...more likely we're covering the majority and they're making up just enough to keep him with us

Yes that's about it. They will have contributed the difference between what we could afford and what it would take to land him permanently.