PDA

View Full Version : Hendrick in Anchor Role

Rapid
10-01-2014, 08:39 PM
This is not based on just the last 45 minutes as I've said it in several threads already but hendrick is just not disciplined enough to play that role in front of the back 4. he's a decent player and good at driving forward gerrardesc but he's a square peg in a round hole at the moment.

angry - how much have we missed Eustace? ;-P

ellafella
10-01-2014, 08:42 PM
This is not based on just the last 45 minutes as I've said it in several threads already but hendrick is just not disciplined enough to play that role in front of the back 4. he's a decent player and good at driving forward gerrardesc but he's a square peg in a round hole at the moment.

correct. :s

Gift_of_the_Gabb
10-01-2014, 08:42 PM

Correct.

I would say we need a new CDM to help out Eustace for the rest of the season. Hendrick isn't right for that role,

triz
10-01-2014, 08:44 PM
yh its not his position, eustace isnt great from what ive seen but he plays that position well

Rapid
10-01-2014, 09:09 PM

as personified by their 4th goal :blue:

Ramstein
10-01-2014, 09:15 PM
It's not his role.

We've been second best in all places. Fester look quick strong and a league above Derby.

Keane...been poor.

Also...I've noticed in the last few months, has Jamie Ward lost a yard of pace?

triz
10-01-2014, 09:17 PM
we miss keogh need him back fast, another top buy from clough ;D

Rapid
10-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I don't to scapegoat him because we've had another 9 or 10 players that's been woeful but this is the worst game I've ever seen hendrick have in a derby shirt. pathetic.

triz
10-01-2014, 09:43 PM
im not sure why steve is packing out our strikers with loans etc and not addressing this key position. seems a mistake from him.

nickyd63
10-01-2014, 09:51 PM

Awful performance by him.

ramman
10-01-2014, 10:02 PM
Poor by Hendrick tonight , muscled of the ball far too much for a full international

AdiSalisbury
10-01-2014, 10:45 PM
We were out-muscled everywhere, not just Hendrick.

Though I agree, he was not looking good tonight, his best position is the same one that Bryson plays, so he's gonna find it hard to find his feet, not that Bryson was any good tonight either.

Thought Hughes played well and strung everything together, always coming to receive from defenders and moving the ball around. Only him and Grant (despite conceeding 4)who really played tonight.

hamster83
10-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Back to the same old problem neither of them should be forced to play out wide or as a holding midfielder because that's not playing to there strengths one just has to be sacrificed simple. Unfortunately for hendrick on this seasons form it has him. However against the top sides like tonight with bryson and hughes we look a little lightweight.
I'd like see steve mc spend decent money on a decent holding midfielder eustace hasn't got the legs.

swaledale
11-01-2014, 01:58 AM
Absolutely, hendrick looked like a fish out of water tonight, Buxton was back to his old slef, out of position more than he was in it, but in truth most players were simply not at the races tonight, and WTF was that tackle by Forsyth about????

But lets get real, thats a Leicester side that have had plenty spent on them and who put 5 past Bolton the other week, much as I think the gung ho approach was inappropriate tonight, the simple fact is McClaren's been getting above averge performances from waht in truth is an average squad - which is why when we were winning and posters were asking me did i still think they were average my answer was yes!

Realsitically we are probably 4 or 5 players from having a squad with the depth in quality of leicester and tonight it showed. still think we can make top 6 but some intelligent acquisitions needed.

AngryRam
11-01-2014, 09:05 AM

Okay Rapido my friend, yes Eustace MAY have been better than Hendrick yesterday.. However their movement was exceptional last night and I doubt Eustace would have coped too well either.
All I say on the Eustace front is that he has limited abilities.. We can/must have a better option here.
Hendrick frustrates me... Seems to be dropping off the pace, does not seem to know what to do at the moment.
>:(

roger_ramjet
11-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Let's just take Michael Essien off Chelsea's hands...