PDA

View Full Version : men against boys i'm afraid

tamworthram
10-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Looks like we were really taken apart tonight and got no more than we deserved.

Let's hope we can pick ourselves up and brush ourselves down.

I think this reinforces the point I made before Xmas, our good run came against teams lower down the league and we can't compete yet with the top teams.

triz
10-01-2014, 09:26 PM
i thought it was someone else who was saying that? can't remember who off the top of my head though :?

tamworthram
10-01-2014, 09:39 PM
This is what I posted on the thread "so where will we end up" back on the 30th December (OK, so just after Xmas).

"We may not NEED to beat the better teams in the league to reach the play off's but only 1 point out of a possible 15 doesn't bode well.

I think we're a much better team now than when we lost to the other top 6 teams however, lets not get carried away, none of our 9 match unbeaten run have been against teams in the top 9."

Chocolate_Mouss17
10-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah it shows you the levels that can be required at the top end of this division but three points here is all that it is, 3 points.

You say this about your run against lower teams as if it is a bad thing. In my experience it is the teams who beat the weaker teams and get a few results against the better ones who are most successful

Forest have drawn too many games against those lower teams for my liking and that will cost us the autos.

Be interesting how you guys respond to this bump though.

tamworthram
10-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I think you're right on all counts Mouss.

Too many draws will probably cost Forest an auto but you'll still make the play off's and this is only 3 points so there's no need for us to panic.

It was a bad day at the office but, we've not had any good days against any of the top six.

triz
10-01-2014, 09:55 PM
It was a little tongue in cheek tamworth, im sure you did say it.#

Tonight was a very important game , it was important not to get spanked and demoralised, we ****ed up on both count there. I can see us dropping points more regularly now, i hope we can hang on in the play offs.