PDA

View Full Version : Two Reasons

ramspride
10-01-2014, 10:00 PM
1 Too many young kids.

2 No one willing to hold the ball and purge forward.

RydeRam
13-01-2014, 08:07 PM
dont forget the amount of games we had over the festive period. This had a negative effect on a young side. it showed against Chelski and we were definitely leggy against Fester. Festers fitness levels were far superior to ours, they never let us get anywhere near the ball after the first 15 mins.

lewyman633
13-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Did anyone really expect us to get anything against Leicester or Chelsea ?

Bear DCFC
13-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Did anyone really expect us to get anything against Leicester or Chelsea ?

Nope, Leicester have been our bogey team for a while and their the best team in the league. Chelsea needs no explanation.

It's the manner in which we were beaten that most people are a bit ****y about.

bigmattvdcfc
13-01-2014, 10:11 PM
It was men against boys.

Lets face it we haven't been playing well for the back end of our good run, but we had a bit of luck on our side.

Now the luck has run out and our players are being exposed for the average players that they are.

Being organised, having players do the basics right, playing players in their right positions will undoubtedly improve results, but natural talent and ability mean that any improvement is only going to go so far before the lack of talent is exposed.

An example of this is Buxton, been playing well for a while now, but realistically he amongst others is simply not good enough to do what Derby need of him.

And if we did get promoted which I doubt we will, does anyone truly think that even a quarter of our current players could cut it in the Premiership?

swaledale
13-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Main reason is that the squad does not have as good quality players as some think, I've maintained that overall it is an average squad, sure there is the odd gem, Bryson for example, others such as Hughes have potential, others such as martin are Ok, but there was a reason why he was'nt used much by Norwich in the championship and not at all in the prem.

SM has got them playing above their ability, but it cant last and any players have a drop in form especially young ones. yes Friday was disappointing, but its what happens now that will be the test.

Rattea
14-01-2014, 12:18 AM
I think most reader of the board will remember how you kept your feet in the ground during the run and realised it was mainly because we were playing lower half of the table teams conveniently all together. You stood fast and even when people barracked you for holding this view and them going on about it was all down to McClarens tactics and Clough was useless.

Oh hang on a minute ... That might have been me!!!!

YOu really do make it up as you go along dont you ;)

COMEDY GOLD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Rapid
14-01-2014, 01:22 AM
I can't believe how much football fans overreact. we've lost one game to a wigan side that kicked the **** out of us. we've lost to one of the best sides in Europe. then we lost away at top of the league. before that we won 8 out of 9 or whatever. chill out. have faith.

triz
14-01-2014, 01:31 AM
Win a few in a row and we are the best team in the league, lose a few and we are the worst. Luckily there is the sane few who use reason and logic.

Mickleover_Ram
14-01-2014, 10:46 AM
The Rat have faith Rapid? your joking surely lol He is only happy slating the side

With lots on here, it seems to be either we are champions league contenders (let alone championship) or we should be in the blue square league (if it still exists) lol

why cant people just have a normal debate with an open mind?

FindernRam
14-01-2014, 05:02 PM
I hope I'm neither an unreasoning optimist or a raging doom merchant. At this point of the season most teams have played a selection of good and bad teams, had their share if injuries, injustices and dips in form. In other words the table is probably telling a true story.

Derby are sitting 4th, can lose the next three games and still be in playoff contention even if the other teams win everything, which they won't.

So unless we have a catastrophic drop in morale I see us being there at the end. Whether are good enough if we go up is a different matter!

GangwayD
14-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I hope I'm neither an unreasoning optimist or a raging doom merchant. At this point of the season most teams have played a selection of good and bad teams, had their share if injuries, injustices and dips in form. In other words the table is probably telling a true story.

Derby are sitting 4th, can lose the next three games and still be in playoff contention even if the other teams win everything, which they won't.

So unless we have a catastrophic drop in morale I see us being there at the end. Whether are good enough if we go up is a different matter!

I make you about right Findern.

We have played some of the weaker teams on paper in this Championship, but we've also put some of them away quite convincingly.

Obviously it's been a struggle against the stronger teams.

Still feel we preforming above our station but I think we'll sneak the play-offs. Looking over our shoulder some teams appear to be hitting some form such as

swaledale
14-01-2014, 07:01 PM
I think most reader of the board will remember how you kept your feet in the ground during the run and realised it was mainly because we were playing lower half of the table teams conveniently all together. You stood fast and even when people barracked you for holding this view and them going on about it was all down to McClarens tactics and Clough was useless.

Oh hang on a minute ... That might have been me!!!!

YOu really do make it up as you go along dont you ;)

COMEDY GOLD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Oh dear, you do get things wrong don't you?!

If you actually bothered to read any of my posts you would realise that what you have just posted couldn't be further from the truth!

Oh its comedy gold Ok but thats you because of your complete and utter incorrect posta nd assumptions!

If I could be ****d I'd put some previous posts up for you to confirm, but why bother, you've never shown much interest in posting facts!

About midway t

Rapid
14-01-2014, 08:57 PM
The Rat have faith Rapid? your joking surely lol He is only happy slating the side

no mate my post wasn't addressed to the rat - more the posts above it. the rat has a vendetta against rush for raising the price of his season ticket. that's all it is.

you're not wrong though.

swaledale
14-01-2014, 09:26 PM
Funny how he completely ignores the substance of whats actually posted and just makes up stuff and then expects your memory to be so poor that you wont realise he has got it completely wrong!

Any sensible fan will recognise that the team has improved since McClaren took over, but we are a long way from the finished article, yet have a realistic chance of being in a play off position come May happy days.