PDA

View Full Version : Ratty getting smug

Trickytreesreds
10-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Among his army of adoring fans, :P

http://i39.tinypic.com/swg2fc.jpg

Rob_the_Ram
10-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Don't worry, I don't think Rattea will be contributing on here too much tonight. He's too busy as I believe he's found love in the shape of Bill. Bought a tear to my (good) eye. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSmKuCHoO_s)

triz
10-01-2014, 11:40 PM
"getting" ?

Rattea
10-01-2014, 11:42 PM
His is Gary but he lost the lube so here I am!

Not smug but sometimes the reality is hard for some to split from the hopes and wishes.

I actually hoped I would be proved well wrong tonight.

The question I have in my own head at this moment is was Clough doing a better job than even I realised or was it just a blip for mcclaren?

Trickytreesreds
10-01-2014, 11:44 PM
I like him, :D lol - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiYldR1Vue8)

blackandwhite56
10-01-2014, 11:50 PM

Not smug but sometimes the reality is hard for some to split from the hopes and wishes.

The question I have in my own head at this moment is was Clough doing a better job than even I realised or was it just a blip for mcclaren?

0 / 100 for sincerity.

What aspect of tonight could make you realise Clough was doing a better job than you realised?
Clough has already lost twice to Leicester this season. LforL !

triz
10-01-2014, 11:51 PM

just to make it clear, im not against you on this point. I thought we wouldnt beat donny tbh.

swaledale
11-01-2014, 02:28 AM

Nothing was proven tonight other than we are are having a dip in form (remember when the mighty newcastle who won the league lost 3-0 away to us???

It isnt rocket scienece to recognise that we are certainly not automatic promotion candidates and if QPR can lose away to doncaster then a loss to leicester is not a disaster.

Rattea
11-01-2014, 07:58 AM
Are you not contradicting yourself there using Newcastle as an example then saying we not that calibre and using fester as an example of a team that is. We haven't beat fester. Youre a bit confused on that one ;)

you are ignoring the point again of what i have been saying for weeks. We haven't really improved, or there is no evidence of such, this season since clough when you consider the quality of oppositions. Runs mean nothing if its all one level. Tonight could be argued we took a step back although in not saying that.

fact is ive stuck to my guns about looking at it one a team by team basis to show improvement and still that way there is no evidence. You've tried to rubbish me and starting to have more egg on your face than humpty dumpty if you continue.

[quote="triz"]His is Gary but he lost the lube so here I am!

Not smug but sometimes the reality is hard for some to split from the hopes and wishes

Gift_of_the_Gabb
11-01-2014, 07:59 AM

Clearly Clough wasn't doing that greater job as he lost 2 twice to Leicester this season too.

But I guess that isn't the agenda.

blackandwhite56
11-01-2014, 08:42 AM
[quote="Rattea"]Are you not contradicting yourself there using Newcastle as an example then saying we not that calibre and using fester as an example of a team that is. We haven't beat fester. Youre a bit confused on that one ;)

you are ignoring the point again of what i have been saying for weeks. We haven't really improved, or there is no evidence of such, this season since clough when you consider the quality of oppositions. Runs mean nothing if its all one level. Tonight could be argued we took a step back although in not saying that.

fact is ive stuck to my guns about looking at it one a team by team basis to show improvement and still that way there is no evidence. You've tried to rubbish me and starting to have more egg on your face than humpty dumpty if you continue.

[quote="triz"]His is Gary but he lost the lube so here I am!

Not smug but sometimes the reality is hard

Rattea
11-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Okayyyyyyyy so you want to compare the same team almost under clough playing fester (twice), florest, reading, burnley to what mcclaren against the likes of Doncaster, Barnsley, Bournemouth, sheff wed etc. Really for what reason than i makes no sense.

and you want to IGNORE clough against fester vs mcclaren once, with additional players, against them once or even more accurate clough vs fester away and mcclaren in the EXACT SAME fixture!!!!

have a look closer of the bottom teams clough beat millwall away 5-1 and Yeovil away 3-0 with THAT goal! Mcclaren was luck to get a 2-1 win at Barnsley and Doncaster narrowly at home. And if it wasn't for some Doncaster missed could have been very different.

The lowest placed team current we have lost to is Wigan. Under mcclaren!

clough was sack after a run of three games including one against fester away and one of the three was a cup game. Have a look at the similarities with our last three games. Eye opener.

so if you actually look at th

OldRamsFan
11-01-2014, 11:05 AM
If Clough had been in charge last night we would have probably shipped a hatful more goals but as he is no longer our manager it's totally irrelevant!

chris311080
11-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Clough took over a side failing in the championship, with no foundations in the form of an academy etc and no real plan in which to move forward.

He laid those foundations and built the walls.. Whichever way you look at it he did his job

It's now upto mcclaren to put a roof on it and keep it watertight. If he doesn't do that then he would have failed

Different perspective

Believe me, I've been good friends with rattea for many years and I hate to admit it but his comparisons between clough and mcclaren and results are spot on. Difference is mcclaren is still in early days and still has time to improve his statistic results

Statistics aside I've heard from various sources that the training and many off pitch matters have improved signicantly under mcclaren

Last nights result was a serious wake up call to those fans who believe we are promotion hopefuls. If we can't compete with the teams in the top 6 then we really have no rights to be in there

blackandwhite56
11-01-2014, 07:15 PM
[quote="Rattea"]Okayyyyyyyy so you want to compare the same team almost under clough playing fester (twice), florest, reading, burnley to what mcclaren against the likes of Doncaster, Barnsley, Bournemouth, sheff wed etc. Really for what reason than i makes no sense.

and you want to IGNORE clough against fester vs mcclaren once, with additional players, against them once or even more accurate clough vs fester away and mcclaren in the EXACT SAME fixture!!!!

have a look closer of the bottom teams clough beat millwall away 5-1 and Yeovil away 3-0 with THAT goal! Mcclaren was luck to get a 2-1 win at Barnsley and Doncaster narrowly at home. And if it wasn't for some Doncaster missed could have been very different.

clough was sack after a run of three games including one against fester away and one of the three was a cup game. Have a look at the similarities with our last three games.

cheshireram123
11-01-2014, 07:37 PM
this arguing over who is the better manager is getting a little tedious now don't you think.

Let's move on and look forward not backwards.

swaledale
12-01-2014, 01:37 AM
[quote="Rattea"]Okayyyyyyyy so you want to compare the same team almost under clough playing fester (twice), florest, reading, burnley to what mcclaren against the likes of Doncaster, Barnsley, Bournemouth, sheff wed etc. Really for what reason than i makes no sense.

clough was sack after a run of three games including one against fester away and one of the three was a cup game. Have a look at the similarities with our last three games.

eamonnram
12-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Great post blackandwhite. And well said Cheshire. Dont you think it's about time we drew a line under this discussion now as it is getting very boring. Like blackandwhite said lets wait till the end of the season before we pass any real judgement on steve mac.

FrenchTrimmed
12-01-2014, 09:31 PM
this arguing over who is the better manager is getting a little tedious now don't you think.

Let's move on and look forward not backwards.

Quite right but some just won't let it go:(