PDA

View Full Version : Elokobi Now Seen As A Centre-Half...

wolves71
11-01-2014, 10:25 AM
George Elokobi has been told by head coach Kenny Jackett to focus on re-inventing himself as a central defender.

First challenge for Elokobi is to re-invent himself as a footballer ;D

I have to admit, i was surprised to see him start at Gillingham, his distribution wasn't brilliant, but in my opinion, not the worst player on the pitch. End of season could see him released by the club. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/ml9ea62)

essexwolf
11-01-2014, 11:25 AM
George Elokobi has been told by head coach Kenny Jackett to focus on re-inventing himself as a central defender.

First challenge for Elokobi is to re-invent himself as a footballer ;D

I have to admit, i was surprised to see him start at Gillingham, his distribution wasn't brilliant, but in my opinion, not the worst player on the pitch. End of season could see him released by the club.

Just read this , scary . Surely Jackett is starting to lose the plot.
He may not have been the worst player on the pitch at Gillingham , but my god he was shocking

theplater
11-01-2014, 11:26 AM
I'd like to see him re-invent himself somewhere else full stop

JonDeWolf
11-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Elokobi would make a good CB in my opinion. Somewhere like Hereford or Kiddy maybe.

greystone16
11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
We certainly need a quality centre half to go with Batth, who needs an influential partner as he is still far from the finished article IMO.

dunstablewolf
11-01-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd like to see him re-invent himself somewhere else full stop

For once I agree with something Plates has to say.

For a professional footballer Elokobi would make a great cage fighter.

If he moved to Play in Sydney, it would still be too close.

theplater
11-01-2014, 10:26 PM
When Jackett brought him on in the final stages today a bloke next to me said "don't worry, it's just to shore us up at the back"!! I had to sit down!

MichiganWolf
11-01-2014, 10:53 PM
God bless Big George, but I just don't seem him making much impact for us in any role. Need to get Stears and EEL back so he doesn't have to see the field

theplater
12-01-2014, 03:16 AM
His first touch was an attempted wallop that didn't quite come off, good job really because it would probably have ended ended up in the grounds of St. Peter's.

Evewolf65
12-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Don't Worry we've given Big George some weekend work! So don't Try getting in Bushwackers or Sin! in Worcester if you're P1$$ED!!