PDA

View Full Version : West Brom match thread

Brockley_Jack
11-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Don't you just love it when you're woken up on a Saturday morning by a phone call saying "I've got a spare ST for today's game, you can have it for a pint"? I love that just as much as when the better half turns round and says "I'll give you a score for your train ticket"!

St Mary's here I come. B)

Come on Saints, make it a good 'un!

Pentridge
11-01-2014, 10:54 AM
I too have just been offered a complimentary but alas, I am working today.

Grannie64
11-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Nice to hear Brocks, for my self this is first Saturday that I've not got work. Lazy morning before setting of for the game.

Brockley_Jack
11-01-2014, 10:57 AM
This has got me out of having to deal with Greenwich market. If you've ever been, you'll understand my relief!!

harvey_7
11-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Glad To hear you can make it Brock, have a good day :).

COYS

Brockley_Jack
11-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Cheers Harv. On the train down now with a few Stella's.

Enjoy tapping flange or whatever it is you do these days. B)

Joffyw
11-01-2014, 02:12 PM
What a cracking day to be stood outside the JT enjoying a few. One of those games we need to get something from.

Wish I was there but alas tis not the case today,enjoy the game lads.

proclaimer
11-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Not sure it's as bad as they say but need more on target in the second half. COYS.

CostaBaz
11-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Not the most exciting first half.

WBA just sitting back and exposing our weakness, when trying to open up packed defences.
Crosses failing to get passed first defender.
Neede to pick up the tempo a bit for 2nd half.

proclaimer
11-01-2014, 04:04 PM
This has got me out of having to deal with Greenwich market. If you've ever been, you'll understand my relief!!

Was in Greenwich last week. Can imagine what it would be like at market time. :(

Doctor_46
11-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Cork looks lost every time he touches the ball. He holds on to it for way too long as well.

proclaimer
11-01-2014, 04:27 PM
1 - 0. That's better.

Nice finish Adam. :D

Pentridge
11-01-2014, 04:32 PM
That's better.

Another would be nice.

proclaimer
11-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Boruc is back and saves us 2 points.

1-0 will do. :D

CostaBaz
11-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Don't know what our pass completion was, but if it wasn't our worst this season, I'll be surprised.

Good goal from Lallana, and yet again, a poor decision by a ref, could have cost us 2 points.
No way did Shaw foul Long, for that free kick in the corner. Perfect spot for putting in a good cross.

And thank you Boruc, for keeping out the Long shot from 4 yards. You see what I did there?
That's payback for the Stoke goal.

Joffyw
11-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Not often a keeper walks off the pitch with such plaudits but in Arturs case today he effectively saved/won is two points with that save...glad he's back.

As for Gaston, one pass doesn't make a player! Perhaps his mind is already on playing somewhere else, I hear braids are in in Italy XD XD

kernow
11-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Caught the second half stream. Not our best performance by a long way but the win was all important.

Brockley_Jack
11-01-2014, 07:55 PM
I can't wait to see that Boruc save on MOTD later. I was sat high up in the chapel and everyone around me was saying the same. It looked like he made himself big enough and did his job but I want to see exactly what happened.

When Ben Foster was wasting time on 13 mins we knew what we were in for. Park the bus and go on a late charge. Thanks to lallanas sharpness we had a bit more in the tank and it counted. The current table will tell us that in 9th we sit afoot the top half of the table and Joke in 10th sit atop the bottom portion. I've no problem with that.

Hope those of you who frequented the JT had a good one, would have liked to have joined you.

Brockley_Jack
11-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Was in Greenwich last week. Can imagine what it would be like at market time. :([/quote]

Horrible mate. Imagine trying to fit a st Mary's capacity crowd in to fratton park! It's as much of a nightmare as it is as horrible.

Dirtyweasel
11-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Just got back, and to be honest I'd have taken a 1-0 all day long today against a resolute West Brom team who arrived looking for a point. Strangely, I thought they looked a useful outfit once we'd gone 1 up, which makes their negative tactics hard to understand.

As predicted, Boruc's return was massive in so many ways. Our defence looked more comfortable with him between the sticks, and his worldy save on 89mins saved us two points.

If pushed for a MOTM, I'd have to give it to Lallana, if for no other reason it was his 250th appearance in a Saints shirt and he marked it with a goal - the guy is officially now a Saints legend :heart: O:)

Clyne had a poor game, well by the standards he's set himself this season anyway. His crossing was truly woeful.

Anyway, the rot has stopped and it's another three points towards our PL survival so well done Saints B) O:)

As a footnote, I hope the person taken ill in the Chapel End is not too serious, but from where I was it didn't look good :

ShottermillSaint
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Poor game but great result which could help to shape the rest of our season
If it wasn't for Gastons moment of class we wouldn't have scored, whilst he can be very frustrating at times he is imo the only player we have with the ability to make that pass
Never seen WBA being that niggly before and is there anyone who actually likes that little scrote Shane Long?

Most importantly, having read on SW it appears that the fan taken ill in The Chapel is doing ok. Well done to all the stewards and medical staff, saw the ambulance going through the car park after the game which wasn't nice

Dirtyweasel
11-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Most importantly, having read on SW it appears that the fan taken ill in The Chapel is doing ok. Well done to all the stewards and medical staff, saw the ambulance going through the car park after the game which wasn't nice

What was it, heart attack?

Also, did I see one of our physio team run around to lend his help - well done if true.

Dirtyweasel
11-01-2014, 10:37 PM
No surprise to see we're the last game on MOTD tonight. A classic it most certainly wasn't :blue:

ShottermillSaint
11-01-2014, 10:43 PM

What was it, heart attack?

Also, did I see one of our physio team run around to lend his help - well done if true.[/quote]

From what i've read it was
To be honest i didn't see anything inside the ground, but the stewards were franticly clearing the road for the ambulance to get out, realised then that something serious had happened.

Dirtyweasel
11-01-2014, 10:47 PM
They were working on him for the last ten minutes of the game. From what we could see from the other end of the ground it didn't look good so if he's now doing OK then well done to all those concerned :heart: