PDA

View Full Version : No new additions

SuperDerbySuperRams
11-01-2014, 01:40 PM
So according to Sky, McClaren said he doubts they'll be any new additions, but baring in mind that was before Leicester we shall have to wait and see... John Vicars said on twitter that they'll be new additions, and Appleby stated he'll back McClaren in January, so he may just be saying that..

Now Freeman has gone for the season we need a fullback, hopefully a left back, and a holding midfielder for competition with Eustace. Hendrick isn't a CDM.

swaledale
11-01-2014, 01:59 PM
So according to Sky, McClaren said he doubts they'll be any new additions, but baring in mind that was before Leicester we shall have to wait and see... John Vicars said on twitter that they'll be new additions, and Appleby stated he'll back McClaren in January, so he may just be saying that..

Now Freeman has gone for the season we need a fullback, hopefully a left back, and a holding midfielder for competition with Eustace. Hendrick isn't a CDM.

Dawkins at A?500k is a good addition, keane, Whitbread and bamford on loans until the end of the season seem good business, agree though that a defensive midfielder and cover at left back would be ideal IF we can get the right quality of player, wouldn't want to see a player brought in just for the sake of it.

turbobob
11-01-2014, 09:01 PM
We really need an experienced centre half. I keep banging on about it. But it's one of the missing pieces of the puzzle. We need a strong spine to the team.

Rapid
11-01-2014, 09:58 PM
We really need an experienced centre half. I keep banging on about it. But it's one of the missing pieces of the puzzle. We need a strong spine to the team.

Whitbread is very experienced. would you send him back?

turbobob
11-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes I would. Experienced. Maybe. Mediocre though. We really need a decent experienced centre half. I've said it a number of times. Look what happened after we signed stimac. The team clicked. Confidence spread through experience and bloody good play. Granted we had van den laan as well. Which is why we need a decent experienced defensive midfielder too. Eustace is good cover. But for me not first choice.

swaledale
12-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Trouble is such players are hard to find and cost a lot of money, after all Bolton presumably offered silly wages to Baptiste and its hardly propelled them up the league.

Of course theoretically one could improve all areas of the team with cash. Whitbreads a reasonable loan player and provides good cover for CH, keane has ability and did well in that position for Leicester last year, I dont really think we can expect more than we have at this stage.

Its clear that we do need a left back and defensive midfielder but again a quality player in those position isn't likely to be available at an affordable price in january.