PDA

View Full Version : Arnason.

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
11-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Not like me highlighting a negative from a win, but what a Weston super he had today.

smithythemiller
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Looked like a player that wasn't Intrested. Maybe on his way?

frogmiller
11-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Not like me highlighting a negative from a win, but what a Weston super he had today.

Obviously not been again but through listening to comms over the xmas period I'd say he's not been on his game for a while. Could the problem be playing with different parteners and in different positions.

caytonmiller
11-01-2014, 06:01 PM
sadly he also didnt look interested against coventry.. dont think hes on his way, prob more tired after the epic Iceland campaign...

deMiller
11-01-2014, 06:09 PM
I wouldnt mind if he went to be honest. Over rated and over paid with his contact ending in the summer. Cash in now and get go for this striker we're dieing for.

millertop
11-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Time and time again I've said he shouldn't be in defence

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
11-01-2014, 06:17 PM

Obviously not been again but through listening to comms over the xmas period I'd say he's not been on his game for a while. Could the problem be playing with different parteners and in different positions.[/quote]

I don't think so, he was just shocking and made some really piss poor errors until we went in front, then he looked a little better.

AdidasSantiago
11-01-2014, 06:49 PM
MoM by far. Marshalled things at the back supremely.

Why do people on here always spotball the same players for a misplaced pass now and again ?

Did Frecks, Pringle, Milsom, Revell etc, etc etc etc do everything perfect every time ?

Some folk just can't see the wood for the trees.

millertop
11-01-2014, 06:55 PM

Why do people on here always spotball the same players for a misplaced pass now and again ?

Did Frecks, Pringle, Milsom, Revell etc, etc etc etc do everything perfect every time ?

Yes you're the one who can't see the wood for the trees.

AdidasSantiago
11-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Yes you're the one who can't see the wood for the trees.[/quote]

I watch the whole film not individual scenes.

shiregreenmillers
11-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Spot on amanda arnason was crap ...

millertop
11-01-2014, 07:13 PM

Yes you're the one who can't see the wood for the trees.[/quote]

I watch the whole film not individual scenes.[/quote]

So do I, I comment on every game, not saying Arnie was the only player today who was poor ( but this thread is about him ),for a long time I've said he should be in midfield, too laid back for defence

just_a_goal
11-01-2014, 07:18 PM
I wouldnt mind if he went to be honest. Over rated and over paid with his contact ending in the summer. Cash in now and get go for this striker we're dieing for.

Well I've been hammered for saying this before, for me with all the hype and expectation, it just hasnt happened for me with Arnie. Glad someone else agrees

twinnyjoe
11-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Man of match he was lucky not to be dragged off. Today he was awful. Doesn't make him a bad player though

gm_gm
11-01-2014, 07:25 PM

...XD XD XD

jolly_roger
11-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Time and time again I've said he shouldn't be in defence

You and me together matey.

He's never been a centreback, regardless of filling that position for Iceland ( shop there twice and you make the squad)

mikemiller
11-01-2014, 08:22 PM

Hi Mandy, Happy New Year to you ... good to have you back

gorky
11-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Those who don't appreciate Arnason's contribution to the game are more than likely those who shout 'gerrit forrads' in the middle of Arnason playing triangles with Tavernier, Pringle and Milsom, keeping possession and starting moves from the back.

millertop
11-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Those who don't appreciate Arnason's contribution to the game are more than likely those who shout 'gerrit forrads' in the middle of Arnason playing triangles with Tavernier, Pringle and Milsom, keeping possession and starting moves from the back.

He is/can be a very good player but I just think he would is better in midfield , not defence

S8_Miller
11-01-2014, 08:44 PM
He is a quality player but got caught in possession a couple of times today.

gorky
11-01-2014, 08:51 PM

He is/can be a very good player but I just think he would is better in midfield , not defence[/quote]

I thought in general, the defence was all over the place today. Maybe Skarz gives more protection than Tavernier, the new lad looked very rusty and Bradley dared not tackle after the booking. Arnie made mistakes, but won everything in the first half and trapped a through ball in the second out of the air that other defenders would have completely missed.

We've looked wide open all season at home and prone to counters and one on ones. Maybe, instead of singling out mistakes, it could be that playing 4-4-2 (to accommodate a goalscorer to play wi

Greasbroughmiller
11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
He made a few very big blunders. His blind header to their lad for the first goal could be considered unlucky but I thought it was rather careless. Then with all the time in the world to cross to a team mate, he passes to into an area with no Millers and they counter and win the corner that they scored from.

I'm normally a fan, but today he had probably his worst game for us.

AdidasSantiago
11-01-2014, 08:57 PM

And those that yell "gerrit ont flewer" but don't recognise an educated player who is always looking to do that whether it comes off or not...which it always does'nt at the highest level never mind League 1.

Flicker1
11-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Yes he didn't have the best of games today. But we want calm at the back, there are very few defenders in our division I would swap him for. Cool, calm and looks to retain position instead of humping it. That's why it's called foot ball

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
11-01-2014, 09:43 PM
We won, that's all that matters really. :D :D

Back to the positive for me. :D :D

UTM!

armo12
11-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Arnies no good at back hes not strong not fast enough hes to laid back fact how many times is hes caught out we need more cover at the back plus a stricker stop dicking about lets go for this league with some deesent signings the two hes fetched in hitchcook dunt look bad addison looks good in the air but on the ground looks very slow so come on mr evens where waiting to sea all these signings

C_Millers
11-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Good player no doubting that but thinks he's better than what he is at times.

Heman
11-01-2014, 11:55 PM
today was arnies worst game for us I think. everyone is entitled to bad one occasionally.

rea65
12-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Arnie is a good footballer and valued member of the squad, but anybody who says he played well today is either a bad judge or is trying to prove a point against all the evidence.

AdidasSantiago
12-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Arnie is a good footballer and valued member of the squad, but anybody who says he played well today is either a bad judge or is trying to prove a point against all the evidence.

Or maybe some folk just didn't (or want to) see the numerous interceptions, headers, carrying of the ball out of defence to set up an attack and the second half goal bound block tackle.

kempo
12-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Arni didn't play any worse than any other defender today but it seems a few idiots on here need to constantly have a go at him...not the opening poster but the ones who do it game after game.

He has had a superb season yet posters tell us what Arni thinks!!...how does anyone know what he thinks?...idiotic!

He is relaxed and confident on the ball,sometimes too much so I agree and this is wrongly perceived as arrogance.

Some on here only seem happy with constant criticism of some of our players and in case anyone has forgotten...we won 4-2

Pistolpete
12-01-2014, 12:50 PM
It's Kevin Watson all over again, yes I agree he had an off day but so did a lot of players, I can recall one incident where I could have screamed at our fans and tbh I actually did, the ball came over the top to their player and arni decided to back off and the stupid fans started to boo just as he timed his tackle to perfection and nicked the ball off the crewe player. I fear he is becoming a scapegoat and if we are not careful could end up losing one of the best players we have had for years. Some people only see the bad but anyone with a half decent football brain would look at the whole picture and watch him off the ball as well , he cuts out a lot of potential attacks just by his positional sense. He is a class defender at this level and put it this way if we played with Davis and another at the back I can guarantee we would look a hell of a lot mor shakey that's a given . Give the man a break, winning ugly is the hardest thing to do in football and if you can master that then yo

timebomb
12-01-2014, 01:34 PM
[quote="Pistolpete"]It's Kevin Watson all over again, yes I agree he had an off day but so did a lot of players, I can recall one incident where I could have screamed at our fans and tbh I actually did, the ball came over the top to their player and arni decided to back off and the stupid fans started to boo just as he timed his tackle to perfection and nicked the ball off the crewe player. I fear he is becoming a scapegoat and if we are not careful could end up losing one of the best players we have had for years. Some people only see the bad but anyone with a half decent football brain would look at the whole picture and watch him off the ball as well , he cuts out a lot of potential attacks just by his positional sense. He is a class defender at this level and put it this way if we played with Davis and another at the back I can guarantee we would look a hell of a lot mor shakey that's a given . Give the man a break, winning ugly is the hardest thing to d

millavanilla
12-01-2014, 01:39 PM
[quote="Pistolpete"]It's Kevin Watson all over again, yes I agree he had an off day but so did a lot of players, I can recall one incident where I could have screamed at our fans and tbh I actually did, the ball came over the top to their player and arni decided to back off and the stupid fans started to boo just as he timed his tackle to perfection and nicked the ball off the crewe player. I fear he is becoming a scapegoat and if we are not careful could end up losing one of the best players we have had for years. Some people only see the bad but anyone with a half decent football brain would look at the whole picture and watch him off the ball as well , he cuts out a lot of potential attacks just by his positional sense. He is a class defender at this level and put it this way if we played with Davis and another at the back I can guarantee we would look a hell of a lot mor shakey that's a given . Give the man a break, winning ugly is the hardest thing to d

Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss
12-01-2014, 04:18 PM
He's one of my favourite players to play for us. I was a bit shocked yesterday, but every player has an off day. He's part of the reason why we're 5th and if he was as bad as some folk make out we wouldn't be.

shiregreenmillers
12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
He's one of my favourite players to play for us. I was a bit shocked yesterday, but every player has an off day. He's part of the reason why we're 5th and if he was as bad as some folk make out we wouldn't be.I think arnason was piss poor yesterday Amanda,, But arnason is my favourite player..Am sure he will be back to is best next week ...