PDA

View Full Version : Sutton's strike gives 'Well six in a row

jwok
11-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Not our best in the second half but the job was done. Huge congratulations to the team for six in a row, - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/suttons_strike_gives_well_six_in_a_row_821169/index.shtml)

steviex
11-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Not our best in the second half but the job was done. Huge congratulations to the team for six in a row,

We could have them buried by half time some smashin football on display then holy feck the collapse in the second half into long ball p1sh was startling.

Good Motherwell support there today. Think many travelled in the hope of handing Hearts an historic humiliation in their own back yard... sadly not to be and as it turned out we were relieved to hear the final whistle.

LawSteelman
11-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Great three points and an incredible sixth win on the bounce but f@ck me we were lucky today and Hearts should have got at the very least a point out of that. We did well enough until the hour mark though it was quite a nervy performance but after that we were absolutely awful. Hearts were denied what looked like two stonewall penalties, hit the bar and created several good chances and in the end we were lucky to survive.

Have to mention Nielsen today, he looked extremely nervous and unconvincing and I really fear for us at Parkhead with him between the sticks.

Wellup4it
11-01-2014, 08:58 PM
I couldn't have predicted the precise outcome but the result wasn't unexpected - a narrow victory. A big win was never on the cards, despite some fans' pre match predictions, and we should have had enough in the locker to ensure 3 points.

We were never going to match our opponents motivation and fitness but we did have the advantage in terms of skill and experience.

wellbred
12-01-2014, 06:56 AM
You would fear for us if we were playing my grandsons team-and he's only 7. I wonder how many points we would have if all LSM's predictions were correct. A hell of a lot less than we have now

Wellup4it
12-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Just watched the entire game back on Alba. Media's report of Hearts dominating the 2nd half was a bit OTT. I thought we were the better team until about the 60th minute and then began to tire. Hearts had the better of the last 30 minutes. We probably just deserved the points.

We had the skill and experience and most importantly one killer touch. Hearts had far more energy but lacked the skill. Fair play to them though they did make us work for our chances. No doubt about it we missed Anier's energy up front to hassle defenders.

I thought Ian Vigurs had a very good game - not the most energetic of players but he played a few real class passes. We need to work harder though at closing teams down as Neilsen was left horribly exposed at times.

mix106
12-01-2014, 11:21 AM
Just watched the entire game back on Alba. Media's report of Hearts dominating the 2nd half was a bit OTT. I thought we were the better team until about the 60th minute and then began to tire. Hearts had the better of the last 30 minutes. We probably just deserved the points.

We had the skill and experience and most importantly one killer touch. Hearts had far more energy but lacked the skill. Fair play to them though they did make us work for our chances. No doubt about it we missed Anier's energy up front to hassle defenders.

I thought Ian Vigurs had a very good game - not the most energetic of players but he played a few real class passes. We need to work harder though at closing teams down as Neilsen was left horribly exposed at times.

Pretty much how I saw the game too, Vigurs had another decent game still way too casual for my tastes but if he plays as he has done in the last two games Ill get over his casual app