PDA

View Full Version : do we really want to reach the prem yet..?

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 07:03 PM
with this set up, we`d likely be embarressed, wouldn`t we..?

haunted
11-01-2014, 07:09 PM
with this set up, we`d likely be embarressed, wouldn`t we..?Yes !
Stinky..

backofthenet
11-01-2014, 07:10 PM
I see what your saying, I always want us to win everything, so yes.

Plus we didn't embarress ourselves vs city.

The other side of the coin is can we financially afford not to?

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Plus we didn't embarress ourselves vs city.

i`d wait for wednesday night to pass before i`d declare that one..

joinerpat
11-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Hard to grasp what you are getting at Jordan, If you mean the Quality of players, We would be no more embarressed than any of the bottom six in the Prem,,And think of the revenue it brings to the club to start building again.

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Hard to grasp what you are getting at Jordan, If you mean the Quality of players, We would be no more embarressed than any of the bottom six in the Prem,,And think of the revenue it brings to the club to start building again.

if we got there, i don`t think we play in a manner that we could possibly survive. you cannot play football in the premier league with resourses like ours..

the only way a rovers could survive in the premier league(without large financial input) is via the sam or pulis method. just look at swansea drop now, and that`s even with large expenditure..

rigger
11-01-2014, 07:28 PM

I think what he means is, do we want to go back to getting thumped every week. It would be great to be in the running to get promoted, but I don't think we have a good enough set up to do ourselves justice if we did. In our previous exploits in the premier we have been ahead of the game, mainly due to the passionate running of the club. We are so far behind that situation now, and we have not even got a large pot to allow us the option of buying out of a bad situation.
For me I would prefer us to play well this season and next in the championship.

joinerpat
11-01-2014, 07:37 PM

if we got there, i don`t think we play in a manner that we could possibly survive. you cannot play football in the premier league with resourses like ours..

the only way a rovers could survive in the premier league(without large financial input) is via the sam or pulis method. just look at swansea drop now, and that`s even with large expenditure..[/quote]

I think that is a very negative attitude for any fan of a football club to have, what is the point in assuming we are not going to improve, Imo All these young players want the chance to compete with the best, If they or the manager fail, so be it,,It is better to have tried and fail than to have never tr

needle
11-01-2014, 07:41 PM
No ! Getting promotion is not our aim . That said I`m sure most fans want it , I`m sure Gary Bowyer and his staff want it and I`m sure the players want it .

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 07:44 PM

the only way a rovers could survive in the premier league(without large financial input) is via the sam or pulis method. just look at swansea drop now, and that`s even with large expenditure..[/quote]

I think that is a very negative attitude for any fan of a football club to have, what is the point in assuming we are not going to improve, Imo All these young players want the chance to compete with the best, If they or the manager fail, so be it,,It is bett

joinerpat
11-01-2014, 07:50 PM

I think what he means is, do we want to go back to getting thumped every week. It would be great to be in the running to get promoted, but I don't think we have a good enough set up to do ourselves justice if we did. In our previous exploits in the premier we have been ahead of the game, mainly due to the passionate running of the club. We are so far behind that situation now, and we have not even got a large pot to allow us the option of buying out of a bad situation.
For me I would prefer us to play well this season and next in the championship.[/quote]

rigger, As much as I appreciate what you are saying, If not for myself as I have already seen Rovers at the to

joinerpat
11-01-2014, 07:57 PM
It is never too soon to test the water, it is quite simple, We can never be as embarressed again as much as that clown Kean & venkys inflicted on BRFC.

So onward and upward for me.

rigger
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM

For me I would prefer us to play well this season and next in the championship.[/quote]

rigger, As much as I appreciate what you are saying, If not for

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 08:00 PM

See what you're saying Sax. But this set up would be a sh1t hot League 1 set up. Maybe we should target relegation and spend next season winning nearly every game.

bigmoon
11-01-2014, 09:48 PM

We ain't even in the playoffs yet. I think that the danglies are more suited to be answering this sort of question than us.

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 09:50 PM

See what you're saying Sax. But this set up would be a sh1t hot League 1 set up. Maybe we should target relegation and spend next season winning nearly every game.[/quote]

maybe.. XD

Stoner
11-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Why not amalgamate with Burnley? The combination of the two towns' supporters would create a force to be reckoned with

bigmoon
11-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Why not amalgamate with Burnley? The combination of the two towns' supporters would create a force to be reckoned with

This is a serious goer...

Take the 'Black' and 'Rovers' from Blackburn Rovers FC and the 'Burn' and 'FC' from Burnley FC to make Blackburn Rovers FC.

Then take the blue from the Burnley shirt and the white from the Blackburn shirt and to show the unity between the two teams and the amalgamated 'Blackburn Rovers FC' can play in blue and white halves.

Any takers?

Stan_van_nel
11-01-2014, 10:12 PM
It's just not the same blue Bigmoon.

Any road I'll be in the away end at home games.

AucklandRover
12-01-2014, 12:16 AM

This is a serious goer...

Take the 'Black' and 'Rovers' from Blackburn Rovers FC and the 'Burn' and 'FC' from Burnley FC to make Blackburn Rovers FC.

Then take the blue from the Burnley shirt and the white from the Blackburn shirt and to show the unity between the two teams and the amalgamated 'Blackburn Rovers FC' can play in blue and white halves.

Any takers?[/quote]

The alternative, "Burnburn", has a certain ring to it, but might be better suited to a Punk band.
It has set me pondering on such mergers as Sundercastle, Everpool, West Birmingham Villa, Rangtic and Arsenham.
I think Stoner might have started something.

haunted
12-01-2014, 01:59 AM
It's just not the same blue Bigmoon.

Any road I'll be in the away end at home games.Night night you puke !

robinrover
12-01-2014, 06:37 AM
This shows what a narrow minded view you have saxo the group of players we have have enough to survive in the premier if played correctly.
I have said in another thread of yours we are in debt so why turn down the opportunity of getting rid of it of course we have to get there first.

rigger
12-01-2014, 11:17 AM
This shows what a narrow minded view you have saxo the group of players we have have enough to survive in the premier if played correctly.
I have said in another thread of yours we are in debt so why turn down the opportunity of getting rid of it of course we have to get there first.

But would any money gained by getting promotion,be used to :-

1)Service the debt.

2)Line someone's pockets.

My choice would be 2)