PDA

View Full Version : Jason Lowe

needle
11-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Please please please , some club be stupid enough to come in for him in this transfer window . A truly shocking footballer !

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 07:59 PM
has to be said, we seemed to do better without him against leeds. then again, we only won 2-1 against a side that lost 6-0 to sheff weds today. brings us a sense of perspective..

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 08:04 PM
I'd say the sense of perspective comes from our expectations against the bottom clubs. We beat one today and Leeds didn't. Clubs at the bottom are fighting for their lives and have more to gain than lose by going for it. They are NOT easy fixtures, (beating the 'big boys' when we wern't expected to kept us in the prem for quite a while). So well done Rovers for showing the spirit and fight to keep a clean sheet and getting 3 points.

And yes needle, Lowe is no Diego Maradona!

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 08:13 PM
the best way i can describe rovers at the moment is that we are top 8 playing like a relegation battling side..

yep, that sums it up for me.

champs95
11-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Corey Evans will be back soon. Lowe is still very young, and learning his trade.
I just don't rate Lowe either Needs. I did think he played well last week against City. But Evans will be the answer.

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 08:50 PM
lowe won`t be dropped, evans or not..

Wacked1212
11-01-2014, 09:04 PM
"the best way i can describe rovers at the moment is that we are top 8 playing like a relegation battling side..

yep, that sums it up for me"

You're having a laugh ain't you??

Just where do you pull this crap from??????

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 09:37 PM
[quote="Wacked1212"the best way i can describe rovers at the moment is that we are top 8 playing like a relegation battling side..

yep, that sums it up for me"

You're having a laugh ain't you??

Just where do you pull this crap from??????[/quote]

name one side we have overwhelmed recently..? all our results have been scraped by the odd goal that has been well defended. i`m not saying that doesn`t deserve credit, not at all, but i telling it as it is..

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 09:38 PM
the best way i can describe rovers at the moment is that we are top 8 playing like a relegation battling side..

As you didn't actually watch the game today, I suppose you have the right to make up whatever you want to O:)

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 09:40 PM

As you didn't actually watch the game today, I suppose you have the right to make up whatever you want to O:)[/quote]

there`s no differance in the manner which we are acheiving results now, than there was under bowyer when we stayed up last season..

that`s how i see it.

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
that`s how i see it.

The whole point is... You didn't see it!

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 09:46 PM
that`s how i see it.

The whole point is... You didn't see it![/quote]

are you trying to tell me we didn`t grind out a 1-0 win today..?

Wacked1212
11-01-2014, 10:46 PM
that`s how i see it.

are you trying to tell me we didn`t grind out a 1-0 win today..?[/quote]

From what I saw we "ground" it out for the last ten minutes today. We really struggled against City too...It should've been 10-0 to them...Just what exactly are you watching, listening to or reading to fabricate these amazing comments?

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 11:01 PM
that`s how i see it.

are you trying to tell me we didn`t grind out a 1-0 win today..?[/quote]

I dunno Sax, I've got a nasty illness at the moment that's floored me, so I didn't go. So I can't say what happened as I didn't see it. I can read and listen to other people's views. But's that's all they are, their views, not mine. So I can't try and tell anyone, anything about what happend today.

Edit: and here's some stats: Last 10 league games. Lost 2, drawn 3, scrapped scabby wins by the skin of our teeth 5

needle
11-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Saw it all . Jason Lowe still is in my view a rubbish player . Not even non League standard ,

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 11:22 PM
He does often remind me of a headless chicken needle. I take it that was today too?

jordan12rhodes
12-01-2014, 12:27 AM
Saw it all . Jason Lowe still is in my view a rubbish player . Not even non League standard ,

yeah but then not so long ago you were saying josh king would never be a footballer..

AucklandRover
12-01-2014, 01:18 AM
Lowe did play well against City, after a shaky start in which he conceded a needless free kick in a dangerous area.
My overall concern about him has always been that he doesn't have the skill or vision to be a creative midfielder and he has a tendency to be reckless in the holding role.
Successive managers, however, have clearly seen him as a first-choice pick, so we are obviously missing something.
Maybe he is best in away games where we are under a lot of of pressure, and need that extra defensive cover. In games where we might expect to be on the attack more, Evans is definitely a better choice.
In such a game, I envisage a team like this:
Robinson(? - jury still out)
Henley Dann Hanley Spurr
Marshall Cairney Evans Taylor
Gestede Rhodes

Interestingly, given the size of our squad, we could also put out the alternative XI:
Eastwood
Kane Kilgallon Songo'o Morris
Judge Dunn Williamson King
Campbell Rochina.

Or even:

Kean
Lowe O'Connor O'Connell Olsson
Mahoney Marrow Etuhu Nunes
Best

robinrover
12-01-2014, 06:55 AM
What I find pretty annoying is Gary bowyer plays cairney out of position so he can play Lowe and Williamson in the middle it's Lowe or Williamson not both without cairney in the middle we look devoid of ideas.

needle
12-01-2014, 07:30 AM

yeah but then not so long ago you were saying josh king would never be a footballer..[/quote]
He wont !

kennyK
18-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Needle you are spot on. Lowe is the worst player in the Championship. Unbelievable how a succession of managers can't see the bleedin obvious. Somehow he's an automatic pick, and has been for the past 3 years of our decline. He rarely gets subbed, whilst talented potential match winners are subbed left right and centre - I just don't understand it.

I am sure he is very athletic, but his ability in all the basic requirements for a footballer is sorely lacking. Doesn't tackle, doesn't win 50/50s, doesn't take anyone on, doesn't close players down, can't head, can't read the game so always in the wrong place The best game I saw him play was the first City game, then he followed this with an absolute stinker in the replay, when he showed all the doubters of his lack of ability and confidence by choosing not to go for goal with a header, instead taking the non footballers way out and choosing to knock it backwards. He did the same with a Rhodes lay off against Sheff Wed, rifling a return

test
18-01-2014, 10:07 PM
Jello has been a first choice from Sam to Gaz, he also makes the England U 21 outfit. He is very fit and works his nuts off, why blame him? Any fool can see its GB's team plan that is flawed.

MillHillRover
18-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Jello has been a first choice from Sam to Gaz, he also makes the England U 21 outfit. He is very fit and works his nuts off, why blame him? Any fool can see its GB's team plan that is flawed.

I agree test, I think GB is doing a little bit too much tinkering if you ask me

test
18-01-2014, 10:27 PM
I am glad you agree Milly, I wish some others would get off a young lads back and stop blaming him for the faults of others.. JLO is not the reason we are crap, he does not pick the team or deploy the tactics, that rests with Bowyer.

kennyK
19-01-2014, 11:51 AM
You are right Test, its not Lowe's fault he is being picked and only a fool would hold that against him, that's the fault of the managers. But he is a very poor player and there is no way he deserves a place in the team, or on the bench.
Successive managers have picked him, including Engalnd U21s, this doesn't mean he is any good. Did you watch any of his U21 games? I did - he was awful.
I never get on his back during matches, and he might not be the reason we are crap. But in my opinion we will be a far superior team when he is no longer in the starting line up.

rishtonrov
19-01-2014, 12:30 PM
successive managers have picked jason lowe including the u21 manager the thing is they have all got the sack

DanRrr
19-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I'd say Rovers are better than last season. Play-offs are possible, but not overly likely. But, we are doing better than anyone expected when the season started, everyone said mid-table. We're higher than that.

But no, we're far from 'up there,' and Lowe is no world beater.Bags of energy, gives it his all. But his judgement is p1ss poor.

jordan12rhodes
19-01-2014, 01:32 PM
it has to be said that during his loan spells(at the likes of rochdale etc) before he became a first teamer with rovers, he never stood out as an outstanding performer..

i do wonder why he`s so highly rated in the game..?

needle
19-01-2014, 01:42 PM
it has to be said that during his loan spells(at the likes of rochdale etc) before he became a first teamer with rovers, he never stood out as an outstanding performer..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzznoncezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rochdale etc ????
He`s never played for Rochdale and only ever went on loan to Oldham !

seventwo
19-01-2014, 03:47 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzznoncezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rochdale etc ????
He`s never played for Rochdale and only ever went on loan to Oldham ![/quote]

feck all, saxo knows feck all, saxo knows feck all...

XD XD "nonce" fits perfectly yet again B)