PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Jackett Confirms Dicko Talks

wolves71
11-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Kenny Jackett has confirmed Wolves are interested in signing Wigan frontman Nouha Dicko..

Listening to WM on the way back rumours were confirmed and now from Kenny Jackett. Wolves do need more firepower up front that's for sure. - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/oel4t4k)

ADP22
11-01-2014, 08:39 PM
His performance for Rotheram against us would merit this a good acquisition for us if it comes off!

A different player now to the one I remember when he was last with us!

dunstablewolf
11-01-2014, 08:54 PM
He had shed loads of pace from what I remember.

wolves71
11-01-2014, 09:12 PM
He had shed loads of pace from what I remember.

He had good service from their winger Pringle in our league game at Rotherham, as you say, has plenty of pace, like ball to fit, quick to react in the box. Hopefully Wolves can add him to the squad.

Evewolf65
11-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Cool as, if it Happens but if it does Kenny play him up front with Liam McAlinden that could be Dynamite!!!B)

ADP22
11-01-2014, 09:43 PM
For me, his mere presence made our centre backs nervy with the most eye catching part of his game being his movement which was excellent, doing as much damage without the ball as with it!

Reckon Danny met his toughest challenge to date in that game against Rotherham!

wolves71
12-01-2014, 08:43 PM
According to skysports transfer centre he has agreed a deal to sign for Wolves from Wigan on a two and a half year deal. I await the official announcement from Wolves - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/)

vespabri
12-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Oh well, we tried but obviously cannot compete with the likes of Wolves..
Youv"e got one hell of a player there.
He"ll be applauded by us Millers at your gaff later in the season.

MichiganWolf
12-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Great news and I expect him to make an instant impact. He is young so he has plenty of opportunity to improve as well.

Evewolf65
12-01-2014, 08:50 PM
According to skysports transfer centre he has agreed a deal to sign for Wolves from Wigan on a two and a half year deal. I await the official announcement from Wolves

Done deal I won't be able to say we ain't got no pace upfront anymore. Kenny play him up front with Liam it could be devastating !!:D :D :D B) B) B)

wolves71
12-01-2014, 08:54 PM
According to skysports transfer centre he has agreed a deal to sign for Wolves from Wigan on a two and a half year deal. I await the official announcement from Wolves

Done deal I won't be able to say we ain't got no pace upfront anymore. Kenny play him up front with Liam it could be devastating !!:D :D :D B) B) B)[/quote]

As with Rotherham game, a totally different player to what we briefly saw last season when on loan. I can see why Wolves have gone for him.

Woking88
12-01-2014, 08:57 PM

Done deal I won't be able to say we ain't got no pace upfront anymore. Kenny play him up front with Liam it could be devastating !!:D :D :D B) B) B)[/quote]

Quite right. They have what it takes to make a devastating combination. Let's hope the 'chemistry' is there as well.

essexwolf
12-01-2014, 09:16 PM
This could be a great signing, fingers crossed.

wolves71
12-01-2014, 09:36 PM
If Wolves continue with a similar formation to the one used against Preston, i think Liam McAlinden could be used as an impact sub. The way to go could be one up top.

Evewolf65
12-01-2014, 09:49 PM
If Wolves continue with a similar formation to the one used against Preston, i think Liam McAlinden could be used as an impact sub. The way to go could be one up top.

No way Sod it go for the jugular especially at home , sometimes if we'd have played it right we could have won games we ended up losing/drawing, and therefore been sitting pretty at the top of the League McAlinden and Dicko as a front two for me Jacobs and Henry it's up to you guys to show us what you can do now!!!B) B) :D

wolves71
12-01-2014, 09:54 PM

No way Sod it go for the jugular especially at home , sometimes if we'd have played it right we could have won games we ended up losing/drawing, and therefore been sitting pretty at the top of the League McAlinden and Dicko as a front two for me Jacobs and Henry it's up to you guys to show us what you can do now!!!B) B) :D[/quote]

I'm not saying it's the way forward for me, it's just the way Wolves have been set up on a few occasions. Bringing in new strikers will probably influence what set up Jackett goes for anyway.

MichiganWolf
12-01-2014, 09:56 PM

I think so. We have dominated possession and play with one up top, just haven't finished. If we can get someone to finish, we'll be banging in 2-3 goals a game "easy" IMO. We've gotten the goals from the MF in this formation, just need to get them from our forwards. Opponents can't score if they don't have the ball, so I think it's a good formation both ways. And Jacobs, Henry and co still haven't quite gelled and when they do, I think we'll be fine in terms of goals.

We were lucky in terms of results before and since switching to one up front, I won't say we've been unlucky in results (can't blame anyone but yourself when you're not putting the opportunities away), but we've played better, tighter footy.

dunstablewolf
13-01-2014, 08:41 AM
1 up top for me too

Mccarey

Ricketts. Baath. Stearman Golbourne

Evans McDonald

Henry. Edwards Jacobs

Dicko

That should get us promoted. 4231

PremierWolf
13-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Is this a done deal now then? Pardon me being lazy and not looking elsewhere yet. Just on a break from work.

Woking88
13-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Is this a done deal now then? Pardon me being lazy and not looking elsewhere yet. Just on a break from work.

Nothing official yet. Leon Clarke, rumoured to be another Wolves target, handed in a transfer request to Coventry this morning, according to Sky Sports Transfer News.

boyceeeunderrated
13-01-2014, 01:27 PM
good riddance terrible player for wigan when he had a chance.. cant of been doing much in training long overdue this league 1 thats his level

Woking88
13-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Here it is - confirmed:- - view external link (http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/nouha-is-back-130114-1291843.aspx)

Woking88
13-01-2014, 01:33 PM
good riddance terrible player for wigan when he had a chance.. cant of been doing much in training long overdue this league 1 thats his level

Do you do an English version of this gobbledy-gook?

Woking88
13-01-2014, 01:51 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2hoihvl.jpg

claw84
13-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Unfortunate, must have displeased his Mum n Dad. XD

MichiganWolf
13-01-2014, 04:08 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he only made 9 sporadic appearances for Wigan as a 19-21 year old, under two different managers. Most of those matches are in Cup play, when many clubs don't put out their best side. I would say that's hardly enough to judge a player on. He's only 21, so he is far from a finished product and would say it's too harsh to say he's found his level permanently. I think League One is his level for now, but he's shown in spurts he could play in the Championship.

Good signing for Wolves now and possibly in the future.

wolves71
13-01-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm glad the signing has been confirmed and hopefully now we will see a few goals from him.

TundraWolf
14-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Might put pressure on Griffiths to get stuck in up front, up until recently he has been gathering splinters in his backside on the bench.

PremierWolf
14-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Might put pressure on Griffiths to get stuck in up front, up until recently he has been gathering splinters in his backside on the bench.

I think Griffith will be sold now .