PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bigmoon and other non-attenders

AucklandRover
11-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Reading JR/Saxo's thread - about whether getting back to the PL is a good idea - made me realise that we now need to look forward instead of back.
Of course we would struggle in the PL, but the whole point of a league-system is that you try to climb as high as possible.
It would be brilliant to see this site dominated by football discussions again, with contributions from the old regulars.
Instead, it has been largely taken over by paranoid ramblings from people who don't even support Rovers!
Bigmoon and others, I am not asking you to forgive and forget; I am saying, "Hold your nose and start attending again."
There has been a lot of talk about getting our Club back; I would like to start by getting our site back, and that can only come from enough people being determined to return it to its former status.
Besides that, Bigmoon, I miss your match-reports. :)

haunted
11-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Reading JR/Saxo's thread - about whether getting back to the PL is a good idea - made me realise that we now need to look forward instead of back.
Of course we would struggle in the PL, but the whole point of a league-system is that you try to climb as high as possible.
It would be brilliant to see this site dominated by football discussions again, with contributions from the old regulars.
Instead, it has been largely taken over by paranoid ramblings from people who don't even support Rovers!
Bigmoon and others, I am not asking you to forgive and forget; I am saying, "Hold your nose and start attending again."
There has been a lot of talk about getting our Club back; I would like to start by getting our site back, and that can only come from enough people being determined to return it to its former status.
Besides that, Bigmoon, I miss your match-reports. :)He probably does not post much due to clarets ruling this board (stinky

bigmoon
11-01-2014, 09:46 PM
I would still rather stab myself in the eye than return to Ewood, I am still waiting for the owners to correct their wrongs or apologise. Neither have happened yet.

I have booked in for some away games soon, but at this moment in time my money is being saved for other things as I am due to become a father for the first time. So all my spare cash is going on a pram, nursery furniture and general savings for when my little bundle of joy drops in May.

However, I have already penciled in with Davhor and Cloggs Botlon away. I have also promised myself that I will go to Huddersfield. I would have loved to have gone to Barnsley, but a school night is a no-no.

So I will be more than happy to share my feelings after them games Aucks, but I would rather stick a red hot poker down my urethra than return to Ewood just yet.

jordan12rhodes
11-01-2014, 09:52 PM
I would still rather stab myself in the eye than return to Ewood, I am still waiting for the owners to correct their wrongs or apologise. Neither have happened yet.

I have booked in for some away games soon, but at this moment in time my money is being saved for other things as I am due to become a father for the first time. So all my spare cash is going on a pram, nursery furniture and general savings for when my little bundle of joy drops in May.

However, I have already penciled in with Davhor and Cloggs Botlon away. I have also promised myself that I will go to Huddersfield. I would have loved to have gone to Barnsley, but a school night is a no-no.

So I will be more than happy to share my feelings after them games Aucks, but I would rather stick a red hot poker down my urethra than return to Ewood just yet.

wow, you mean your not a virgin..? ;D

bigmoon
11-01-2014, 09:55 PM

Who said that it's mine? ;D

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Congrats Moonie!!!! I hope you have little interest in sleep XD

On the Rovers side, (and you'll use your Little Moon as an excuse obviously now as well); Venky's are not going to apologise. But they are paying for their mistakes, which is about about as much as anyone can expect. They have have got rid of the scumbags that were taking the club for a ride due to their incompetence. It's time to accept that they simply listened to the wrong people, were had over big time and eventually woke up. An apology means admitting to a whole lot more than they could probably say, given that downfall was all a result of them surrounding themselves with confidence tricksters. That's not an easy thing to own up to. The backing they gave the baldheaded one when they still thought he could come good and were still believing his delusional lies after relegation, was about the club. They then spent a foutune pulling the tigger on 2 cr@p managers they had been persuaded to be appoint by more idiots. They

bigmoon
11-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Cheers Dan,

I can see what the owners are trying to do and they certainly are paying for it. The debt, the relegation, everything is their own doing. They deserve no gratitude or praise for anything, the chickens are coming home to roost(pardon the pun).

If we get promoted this season I will not be returning next season either. The comitted manager and committed player have my full support and I will show that away from Ewood, where I am not putting my money into the hands of the Venkys. They will only get my funding back when they have righted the wrongs.

They have 5 years max before I want to start taking the young Moon to Ewood as I don't want it growing up a phucking pie eater, scouser, toffee, blue or red Manchester tosspot or heaven forbid, a Magpie.

alfinyalcabo
11-01-2014, 10:30 PM

Who said that it's mine? ;D[/quote]

It's not mine i have had the snip,and i draw the line at geordie women anyway,im not so desperate .. XD XD XD >:)

congratulations mate :star: :star: :star: .. get he/she down the turf as soon as possible and to watch the wigan warriors .. B)

DanRrr
11-01-2014, 10:44 PM
They have 5 years max before I want to start taking the young Moon to Ewood as I don't want it growing up a phucking pie eater, scouser, toffee, blue or red Manchester tosspot or heaven forbid, a Magpie.

That's why I renewed in the darkest of days. My lad was at an impressionable age and I didn't want to send a message that only prem football is worth watching. I knew he knew the score, (he had to suffer me and Sven bitching up and down the motorway, through the games and in the pub XD ). But still, there was a message. In this time, I've seen a lot change. Right now though, Ewood is a good place again. There's a lot of passion from players and fans, it's amazing how 12K of us are much louder than 23K ever were. Yes, players don't always perform to their best, but you see that they get disappointed in themselves.

I know that my season ticket money doesn't come close to contributing to a day's interest on the debt, so I know that

AucklandRover
12-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Congratulations, Bigmoon. The comforting thing about parenthood is that the first 40 years are the worst.
I take all your points about the dreaded Vs. But in a sense, that is MY point: the worst thing they have done is to fragment the club and its supporters. Now is the time to start piecing things together again. GB is doing a decent job in that respect on the field, and I would like to see this site also starting to recover its former quality. One major part in that would be the resurgence of the old regulars who attracted me to Roversmad in the first place. And that resurgence will be much the stronger if it is partly based on exchanged comments, arguments and opinions about games, both home and away. (To be fair, Saxo/JR often attempts this, but - somehow - his threads always seem to get hijacked or blown off course).
I have been frustrated by the kidnapping of our site, and I know that is true for people like SydneyGirl too. Time to reclaim it.

Stan_van_nel
12-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Unfortunately Auckland the only way you are going to reclaim this board is if you get a moderator to moderate it.

There's only really one cretin on here at the moment and it's not that complete balloon that is Saxo/Jordan.

I would like to know if all the folk who have been concerned about how the board has gone/going, have actually done anything about it. If you get in touch with Footymad en masse then surely they would have to take notice (unless they really are all Burnley fans).

AucklandRover
12-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Unfortunately Auckland the only way you are going to reclaim this board is if you get a moderator to moderate it.

There's only really one cretin on here at the moment and it's not that complete balloon that is Saxo/Jordan.

I would like to know if all the folk who have been concerned about how the board has gone/going, have actually done anything about it. If you get in touch with Footymad en masse then surely they would have to take notice (unless they really are all Burnley fans).

I do know where you're coming from, Stan.
I resisted any response to Haunted for months because I didn't want to get drawn in. Then, foolishly, I thought I would appeal to his better nature. Unfortunately, that didn't work, and I am probably about to be incorporated in some-blend with you and Saxo and branded as one of the evil triplets.
Normally, I would only want someone to be banned for extreme personal abuse, racism, etc. However, I have

Stan_van_nel
12-01-2014, 12:54 AM
That's twice now Auckland that you have gone on to insinuate that I could be either/both of the biggest idiots on this messageboard.

Although my intelligence is limited, you've insulted it. ;)

If I was pretending to be any other poster on here, then I'd probably pretend to be Test.

(No I'm not him either :D )

haunted
12-01-2014, 01:17 AM

I do know where you're coming from, Stan.
I resisted any response to Haunted for months because I didn't want to get drawn in. Then, foolishly, I thought I would appeal to his better nature. Unfortunately, that didn't work, and I am probably about to be incorporated in some-blend with you and Saxo and branded as one of the evil triplets.
Normally, I would only want someone to be banned for ex

haunted
12-01-2014, 01:23 AM
That's twice now Auckland that you have gone on to insinuate that I could be either/both of the biggest idiots on this messageboard.

If I was pretending to be any other poster on here, then I'd probably pretend to be Test.

(No I'm not him either :D )Your intelligence XD XD XD ..
Just shat myself..
They are not thick on here staxo !

AucklandRover
12-01-2014, 01:24 AM

Does anybody know if The "Like It" button has been disabled?
I have tried several times recently, with no apparent effect.

haunted
12-01-2014, 01:31 AM

Does anybody know if The "Like It" button has been disabled?
I have tried several times recently, with no apparent effect.[/quote]Maybe i am wrong !
Some on here maybe a bit thick XD

haunted
12-01-2014, 01:41 AM
The mods on here are not as gullible as swindon ..
(i hope)..stinkvansax

bigmoon
12-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Yet another thread overtaken :(

Thanks all for the kind words, me and the moosus are thrilled to be expecting and can't wait to welcome the LittleMoon to the world. He/She will be brought up a Blue, as if BabyMoon becomes a Magpie it will be evicted from my house, age will not be a barrier.

test
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM

Why would you wish to be me Nelstan?B)

champs95
12-01-2014, 01:35 PM
He's gone now moony, hopefully it stays that way.

That's great news about the moosus pal. Congrats. I bet your made up.
Best get get the OT hours in now, and start doing up the spare room.

bigmoon
12-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Cheers Champs,

We are absolutely made up. Can't wait for May to arrive. Well we are on with the spare room. We gutted it out last week putting all the moosus's sh.it in the loft. I also tried selling my sofabed on ebay, but it didn't sell. So I am letting a friend of mine have it for nowt, but he will have to do a few DIY jobs round my house in exchange.

I wish I could get the OT in. It's January and the brewery trade is notoriously slow this time of year. It won't start to pick up again until March. I may just go back to being a rentboy and selling the rusty sheriff badge again...

:O ;D

champs95
12-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Cheers Champs,

We are absolutely made up. Can't wait for May to arrive. Well we are on with the spare room. We gutted it out last week putting all the moosus's sh.it in the loft. I also tried selling my sofabed on ebay, but it didn't sell. So I am letting a friend of mine have it for nowt, but he will have to do a few DIY jobs round my house in exchange.

I wish I could get the OT in. It's January and the brewery trade is notoriously slow this time of year. It won't start to pick up again until March. I may just go back to being a rentboy and selling the rusty sheriff badge again...

:O ;D

Well, I've put your number in Leeds train station toilets, so your sorted over here. You will do a roaring trade!!

It's great news, so it's going to be May then? Happy days. Time to get stuff sorted in your gaff. Really made up for you pal ;D it's a big change in your life, but a good one.
OT is slow at my work too this time of year, just when